Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:06:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to buy a bike with my BTC but in the UK ... why is this proving difficult?  (Read 430 times)
zeuzzz (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:41:47 AM

So I have bitbargain account where I brought my BTC, and Bitcoin-Qt wallet with my coins in. Since I've heard that it's quite hard to 'withdraw' bitcoins in the UK at the moment due to the banks here is there any other way to get my Bitcoins to sterling? I have not yet passed the seller test on BitBargain to do direct bank xfer transactions. Thanks.

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
oblongmeteor

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:13:57 AM

If its a reasonable amount you can dump them into an exchange such as Bitstamp or Mt Gox, liquidate to your chosen currency and then wire yourself the fiat balance. You will incur fees for this depending on the method you choose. Bitstamp SEPA withdrawals are allegedly pretty fast and reasonably priced though. You may incur currency conversion (EUR->GBP) charges from your bank though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: