Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Regulations  (Read 828 times)
nikolaich

Activity: 224
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:40:13 PM

Regulations will bring to the market large sums of money that are afraid to enter now
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:45:54 PM

Things might be changing, the SEC released a report  suggesting that ICOs are in fact subject to securities laws. It is only a matter of time before all kinds of regulations hit the sector, China has taken the lead.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:13:24 PM

Hopefully with the new regulations ICO will be more secure.

this is needed so investors feel safe to participate in ICO.
currently too much ICO and hard to find a potential and safe ICO.
if there is a special regulation then investors will not be confused and more confident.
Helga.Alekseyuk (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:44:21 AM

Wow, so many thoughts. Thank you, guys. So isn't it risky to invest now? I still trust in BTC' and other cryptocurrencies' growth. And would like to join the ICO for reorder. I like the idea. It seems that their coin has its future position on the market, since it's a coin which will be always "live" used. What do you think? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2143865.40
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:57:28 AM

Wow, so many thoughts. Thank you, guys. So isn't it risky to invest now? I still trust in BTC' and other cryptocurrencies' growth. And would like to join the ICO for reorder. I like the idea. It seems that their coin has its future position on the market, since it's a coin which will be always "live" used. What do you think? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2143865.40
Its still depends on how you deal with your assessment those people who really study hard about the project will surely earned and sometimes risky people who also take a bunch will ride ICO can be positive or negative if you are lucky it can go to thee moon but if not scammed are also possible and that's why Regulations are in talked about this ICO ventures.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:40:04 AM

Hey hey, Crypto-Folk!

I'm just curious what do you think, guys, what kind of regulation can be set to bring ICO "under control"?

don't panic relax and calm just wait the result of incoming fork i really beileve the strongest of bitcoin in the crypto world, to regulate bitcoin i think more study for that speculation bitcoin goes under control, how about the miner need to control also to regulate them but anyway  is almost a month to go the incoming fork so seatback and relax.

btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:03:01 PM

I do not really think that ICO regulations are good for crypto world. Trying to keep it under control would actually be against the phiolosophy of crypto currencies.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
CASPER_TEAM

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

Hope there wont be a kind of "1 million licenses, before you can start an ICO". Thats wont work with such high velocity industry
Helga.Alekseyuk (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:32:43 PM

Hope there wont be a kind of "1 million licenses, before you can start an ICO". Thats wont work with such high velocity industry

that's a good point. Let's pray there won't be Smiley otherwise we'll get  over-corrupted with all this licence stuff.
Blakscorpion

Activity: 215

CryptoFan

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:36:53 PM

I don't know what will be made in term of regulation, but you can't let any longer "companies" ask for money and leave with it. You need to put some securities of pay back in case of fraud...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:38:41 PM

ico must be regulated due to most of them are scams just aimed to raise money without doing real work, but how to regulate will be the flashpoint, what China did is overtaken, a more loose policy will be better

handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:50:11 PM

It completely depends on what the regulations will contain.

If the regulations will be put in place to strangle ICO's then it will not help, and people will find ways around them.

If they are built to push ICO's to be better and push down the bad ICO's / scams then i am all for them. The way i see it, there are too many ICO's and this trend will only increase as long as they are not regulated.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:51:34 PM

I think regulations will not make much difference to ICO

They will, and I would wait for China to decide what they will do with ICO's before investing on any of the major Chinese hosted ICO's that are depending on liquidity on these markets.

I wouldn't expect a project like NEO to tribe properly if their main niche (China) is blocking it.

As far as other ICO's hosted all over the world, it's not a problem really. If they think that they can stop ICO's, they are wrong. People wanting to host an ICO will always have some fringe way to surpass laws and get the ICO going, just host it in any ICO friendly country.
Emworks

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

Well i think its time for ICO to go under watch by goverment financial regulatory board and set some regulatory framework covering the sales,promotion and  distribution of token to public.
If ico will go under the watch of goverment this will provide security for consumers/investor.
One of the thing that i wanted to be regulate by  goverment are those startups whos product or services not yet fully designed, built or tested and yet they conduct operation and make revenue out of it.they should go under regulation and filtration before allowing them to do some operation cause most of the start up are just full of crapp.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:39:31 PM

I hope the regulations will cause a shift back to the "old" era of projects again.
Where we all start mining and go through the project together, less ico's please.  Tongue
aaroc90

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:02:16 PM

People here saying that regulations wont make a difference, come on, even seasoned veterans here are wary of ICO scams, for new money coming in from people who are fresh off the boat, regulations will provide some confidence to them to invest more money..

I for one hate looking at amazing potential projects with my first thought being, is it legit or a scam?

Pigzbe
⇐ ● Pigzbe is a piggy-wallet powered by a family-friendly cryptocurrency ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○ ○
arun9900

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:06:17 PM

You can't do it with regulations. At some point the bubble will break and all ICO will be affected.

Am the girl that believes in the Phoenix at which the good ICO's will continue their course and develop a product.

Regulations will not make the difference but our way of understanding and valuing ICO's

some point the bubble will break guest in IT-Park  Business Promotion !!
microtron

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:22:03 PM

I think no Doxers has to be a regulation. Everyone in the company needs to be an accountable person
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:33:16 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 04:54:48 PM by cdb1690

As far as other ICO's hosted all over the world, it's not a problem really. If they think that they can stop ICO's, they are wrong. People wanting to host an ICO will always have some fringe way to surpass laws and get the ICO going, just host it in any ICO friendly country.
That's one way to do that. Another is to do it anonymously. They can't go after you if they don't know who you are.

Another thing to realize is that a license from regulation authority doesn't necessarily imply that you won't get scammed. There have been dozens of online gambling sites, that had license in some jurisdiction (typically one from Carribean or Channel Islands) but nevertheless stole funds of their customers and nobody did anything about that because regulation authorities that gave those companies stamps of approval actually gave stamp of approval to anyone with enough funds to buy it. The same thing will happen to ICO regulations. You'll have countries with strict (but in the end unenforceable) laws and you'll have countries with lax regulation dishing out licenses to anyone with spare cash.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:58:31 PM

Hey hey, Crypto-Folk!

I'm just curious what do you think, guys, what kind of regulation can be set to bring ICO "under control"?

I don’t know man, because The majority of all the people here who sent a response to your post are not in favor with the idea. Even I disagree with it. Simply because people are used to ICOs not having too much regulations, or none. And for a fact, things that people have gotten used to are pretty hard to get rid or change. That is just how most people’s mind sets work.and besides, don’t you think this world has to much regulations in it already? Would really suck if even in crypto currencies we’d still be bombarded with tons of regulations. Although it is a nice idea, I don’t think it would work.

But assuming it really happens, it would be nice to connect it in to laws to prevent having a lot of scams. Or, set a standard for an ICO. Which asks that only ICOs that are innovative and useful or have a great platform are allowed to exist.
This would be nice regulations.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: