Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys, please advise: Should I do ICO myself or hire someone to do?  (Read 699 times)
em3000 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:04:47 AM

I am a student on a budget  Grin

I want to launch an ICO to sell tokens/new crypto currency.

I researched and realized there are a lot of companies that I can hire to do ICO.

1. All these guys are pretty expensive. Am I right?

2. Wave is probably the only affordable one. But, how good is it to market/promote ICO through Wave?

3. I am pretty technical myself. So, I can do it myself with Strat or Ethereum. If I do myself, ow the hell do I market/promote it?

My ICO is the first of its kind (Cliche, I know) that benefits women

Thanks guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ettagames

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:36:32 AM

I can share with you about few months ago, I met a guy in a conference and his company are helping people who has idea to launch ICO, and the expense is 1% of wagered amount.

ETTA Games
★★Bitcoin/Ethereum Dice, Lucky Dice and Baccarat Game!★★
Facebook Twitter Website
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:41:32 AM

It has been discussed and came to result that most ICOs are successful if the owner himself regards ico.
In addition,you introduced yourself a well skilled technical,still you would need to hire some technicals to execute your ico affordably.
Currently 99% use ERC20 tokens which is a standard based contracts.
Moreover,i would suggest to choose this forum to promote your ico as i have seen mostly marketed icos spreading their contracts by starting signatire campaign.
johnFFFF

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:54:37 PM

I researched and realized there are a lot of companies that I can hire to do ICO.

2. Wave is probably the only affordable one. But, how good is it to market/promote ICO through Wave?

3. I am pretty technical myself. So, I can do it myself with Strat or Ethereum. If I do myself, ow the hell do I market/promote it?

Thanks guys

hello we launched our ICO and we did both a part by ourselves and a part with advisors. Even with this we spent a lot of money in communication so think about it and ask advice Smiley
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:16:53 PM

Since you are on budget, I will advice that you first of all get your token ready on github, get other dev involve, look for people with experience on twitter. You can also negotiate payment in exchange for your token. Good luck

em3000 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:27:29 AM

@ettagames Thanks for prompt response. 1% sounds pretty reasonable. Could you please message me privately the details?

I can share with you about few months ago, I met a guy in a conference and his company are helping people who has idea to launch ICO, and the expense is 1% of wagered amount.
em3000 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:44:09 AM

I don't have a lot of money for Communication. Any free alternatives to this, instead of advisors? How much did you spend on advisors for communication?

Thanks guys

hello we launched our ICO and we did both a part by ourselves and a part with advisors. Even with this we spent a lot of money in communication so think about it and ask advice Smiley
ettagames

Activity: 290

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 01:05:23 AM

@ettagames Thanks for prompt response. 1% sounds pretty reasonable. Could you please message me privately the details?

Sure, it's a company in Hong Kong, will send to you later.

ETTA Games
★★Bitcoin/Ethereum Dice, Lucky Dice and Baccarat Game!★★
Facebook Twitter Website
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:36:29 AM

depends. do you have time to manage your ico alone? can you manage your thread? and how much capital do you had or how big the budget for your ico. this is some question that you need to consider

em3000 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:46:34 AM

Thanks @v3liana for response.

As a full time student on budget, my capital is at shoe-string level  Grin
I will put in whatever time it takes to do all the grunt work, including managing my thread.

Can I market/promote it effectively if I do ICO myself? Or, do I get better marketing if I hire an ICO platform (such as Waves) ?

depends. do you have time to manage your ico alone? can you manage your thread? and how much capital do you had or how big the budget for your ico. this is some question that you need to consider
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:04:57 PM

Buddy, if you have time to spend then there is no problem in doing the ICO by yourself. Regarding marketing, the best site to market your ICO is this forum. Then you have to give your ICO advertisements in mellowads, Cointraffic, bitcoadz,bitmedia and google. Its a must. Then next strategy is signature campaign, twitter campaign and facebook campaign. Bounty campaign wont attract that much attraction. You have to pay via btc for the signature campaign and all other campaigns. Also check how to get listed in coindesk site. That's it. if you can do thses things then definitely your ICO will be a success.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:37:18 PM

Thanks guys

To be honest op, buolding an ico is not easy. Let alone maintaining and improving it. That's why usually every ICO builds a team that have expertise on different fields. Because handling an ICO alone is just too much for two hands. So if you ever wanna make your own ICO, make sure to put into consideration your capabilities, resources and free time at hand. It may sound tempting to be able to get much more from something necause you are working alone, but no man is an island. So my advice is do not rush things. Instead, get your budget to increase to a point that is morethan enough from what you need to buld an ICO to prepare for any mishaps that may or may not happen. Amd after you've done that, build a team of skillful individuals that you may need in every aspect of the ICO that would persevere and work hard with you through ups and downs that your coin may go through.

The unique idea and platforms are only a small part of an ICO. The things that really makes the difference are the contributions of the people behind every successful coin. The team and their hard work.
So don't limit the budget if you want to be successful with what you are planning. If you want to be the best at what you do, then you have to give your best effort and more.

Hope this helps you in anyway. Goodluck op.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:05:09 PM

Buddy, if you have time to spend then there is no problem in doing the ICO by yourself. Regarding marketing, the best site to market your ICO is this forum. Then you have to give your ICO advertisements in mellowads, Cointraffic, bitcoadz,bitmedia and google. Its a must. Then next strategy is signature campaign, twitter campaign and facebook campaign. Bounty campaign wont attract that much attraction. You have to pay via btc for the signature campaign and all other campaigns. Also check how to get listed in coindesk site. That's it. if you can do thses things then definitely your ICO will be a success.

All the above are marketing information after creating altcoin and then we need to do the token sale and having escrow to manage it and all big headache.
If you have enough money to invest on new ICO, you can proceed but I will say buying ICO in the time they are providing token sale is best thing to do if you are unable to invest big amount.
qchain_ru

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:24:34 PM

ICO is not easy and it is also about the trust to you. You'll need to find a really good advisors to let people trust you and your project.

Try to reach New Alchemy or Zerion for help with ICO management.
cryptocan

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:05:42 PM

try to create a team of like minded people to help you with the ICO and the rest of the work.
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:27:57 PM

If you are on a budget, then you need a team.  Give your team an incentive to work with you.  For example, marketing will get 10% of the allocated coins.  You give your coins in exchange for work.

I will put in whatever time it takes to do all the grunt work, including managing my thread.

Can I market/promote it effectively if I do ICO myself? Or, do I get better marketing if I hire an ICO platform (such as Waves) ?

cryptocan

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:20:33 PM

If you are on a budget, then you need a team.  Give your team an incentive to work with you.  For example, marketing will get 10% of the allocated coins.  You give your coins in exchange for work.

also it will give them an incentive to do a better work to increase the value of the coins they own
Angelo Santos

Activity: 177
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:13:13 PM

Better to have it like this, do the works that you think is expensive for hiring someone, hire someone on not so-less expensive work like someone to market your project.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 809

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 05:26:52 AM

Thanks guys

If you are not sure for your doings about implementing an ICO then much better you should hire a guy or maybe try to build a team that has more experience to run this things off.

And please explain on what kind of advocate you are since you need to clarify on what is the project all about so that we can read some good info regarding to your project. But you should also remember that running an ambitious ICO for scam purposes is not good and you cannot actually get some benificial gains if you pursue this evil plan.

TUs77777

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:05:15 PM

I think it is better to hire experienced professionals to pay them money than to make mistakes and to pay in time and money.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: