Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoin These Days  (Read 1905 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:13:35 PM

I see more and more merchants accepting Bitcoin but I feel many are missing the point. I, along with the vast majority of you, hate spending my Bitcoin. The only reason I would spend Bitcoin is if I can get a 20%+ discount on an item or service that I would be purchasing anyway. This also assumes I can immediately purchase more BTC to cover what I spent. I have done this before for purchases on Purse, then buying the BTC right back on Coinbase. The headache alone is hardly worth it. So merchants! It's great that you accept BTC but give us a compelling reason to spend it at your establishment, otherwise we really don't care.
You're absolutly right. Whatever was the amount of bitcoun you have save it it still too soon to use it. I used to sell some of my bitcoin but not anymore. It's getting more rare since the sources are getting fewer. Working in this forum is not as easy as it used to be. Whenever bitcoin rises, signature compaigns become fewer. Keep stocking your bitcoin because in this coming years, it may reach a surprising price.
I agree with you. Just keep getting bitcoin and saving bitcoin for the next years because in the future, the price of bitcoin might become more expensive than before and that is how we will make a lot of money from being wise to not sell bitcoin or getting rid of it because the price of bitcoin is getting more expensive than before and that is why it is very worth it to just keep bitcoin.
nuela

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

the most I do is spend bitcoin right now, it's impossible to do because I will not spend bitcoin like that and it should do very mature thinking.

coinmagnet1

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:22:37 PM

I see more and more merchants accepting Bitcoin but I feel many are missing the point. I, along with the vast majority of you, hate spending my Bitcoin. The only reason I would spend Bitcoin is if I can get a 20%+ discount on an item or service that I would be purchasing anyway. This also assumes I can immediately purchase more BTC to cover what I spent. I have done this before for purchases on Purse, then buying the BTC right back on Coinbase. The headache alone is hardly worth it. So merchants! It's great that you accept BTC but give us a compelling reason to spend it at your establishment, otherwise we really don't care.

This confuses the general public who think this is supposed to be used as a digital currency. I guess there needs to be more awareness of alternate coins that are better suited for daily transactions.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:25:23 PM

I can pay for something with Litecoin, Monero, Ethereum, most of popular altcoins. But I will not spend bitcoins because it has big comission and because better to save them sa long-term investments
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:54:36 PM

There are many services that accept paypal or bitcoin online payments and it is reduced by% of the total payment but it is impossible to pay for life payments because no one accepts it as a form of payment.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:05:47 PM

You're absolutely right. Whatever was the amount of bitcoin you have save it it still too soon to use it. I used to sell some of my bitcoin but not anymore. It's getting more rare since the sources are getting fewer. Working in this forum is not as easy as it used to be. Whenever bitcoin rises, signature campaigns become fewer. Keep stocking your bitcoin because in this coming years, it may reach a surprising price.
Yeah if you are having the target you will see how the bitcoin will help all the people to sell but the rates of the bitcoin is now getting high and the amount of the order in the bitcoin will be the helper of the bitcoin I can see the bitcoin is now spreading the money and a lot of the shops are which is using the bitcoin as the shopping currency and the bitcoin is going to have the high market place in the country.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:34:03 PM

I still don't see bitcoin's appeal as a form of payment, at least under the current circumstances. Transactions are not instant, transaction fees are high, and given bitcoin's rising trend, people tend to rather save it for long term earnings instead of using it on a day-to-day basis. I think the infrastructure around bitcoin has to improve in order for it to be used as a mode of payment.

KeeKit

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:27:51 PM

More and more merchants accepts cryptocurrency as payment. It has gone wide-spread. Spending it or saving it actually depends on the owners decision. A lot of cryptocurrency are now emerging and the originals are bitcoin. One of the best is Ethereum. You can check out more of it's information at www.propthereum.io
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

a thing I find hard to do, with purchases using bitcoin you will most likely lose money, everything we buy with bitcoin is not worth the price in general, because the transaction process is more expensive.

I guess because right now the demand of bitcoin is much greater than supply so its services for trading also asks for a more reasonable price compared to regular currency trading. This is because of bitcoins potential, now it is not for a daily use but soon when the number of bitcoins reach its cap then I think that would be the time that it will be more applicable for daily usage.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:18:39 PM

As the marketplace accepting bitcoin people has got increased access to more services in exchange for bitcoin. Still people doesn't feel to spend bitcoin for those needs. It has been prioritized as an investment asset based on the growth happening with time. The same cannot be experienced anywhere else.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:19:53 AM

Actually I do not care whether they will give discount when pay with Bitcoins. Because I am not thinking about spending it now or even for the next 3 years. I am saving my Bitcoin and waiting it to pump more like reach $20,000 dollars before I sell a large portion of my Bitcoins. Currently mined was $16M and we only have $5M Bitcoin left before it reach its hard cap. So I guess it is better to buy more than spend more. Having discounts with those merchants will just encourage you to buy more. Making your Bitcoins even less.

kieokiet

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:25:32 AM

Bitcoin is only for investment, and it is not used to trade any commodities because bitcoin trading takes a few hours, even several days, with more coin than bitcoin to spend.
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:25:53 AM

You have good point for spending bitcoin. But dont you think why merchant will give you discount till 20% by paying via crypto??
I think it does not make sense. But if any merchant give that to its customer, its good for bitcoin users.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:42:11 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to use when it comes to buying like merchants and so on. Bitcoin is not yet known in other countries. In other countries, it is not legal yet. Many also resist the bitcoin, so many have also tried to break or destroy it. But if bitcoin is legal in different parts of the country of the word? you can expect the stores can accept bitcoin where we can buy products or food.

jamie1029

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:43:19 AM

I doubt bitcoin will ever be used as a transaction medium. That's not the reason it has value. Because of high fees and lack of scalability it's looking nicely placed to be used only as a store of value.
hieuskyer99

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:46:35 AM

These days, more people invest bitcoin more by its increasingly worthwhile value
Many consider bitcoin as gold, buy it to reserve, wait for the price increase and then make profit
tryer12

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:47:20 AM

HODL That's my strategy.
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:51:42 AM

Well if of us are gonna stuck the bitcoin here in our wallet then what is the purpose of earning bitcoin I meam you'll only need to spend what you need not what you want if you guys know what I mean bitcoin  is something we should value while at the same time it is something that we invest upon om to help support our faily expenses and suppory our family and love one's needs.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Vik87

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

I don't like spending my bitcoins. I treat them like a long term investment. Why would I pay with bitcoin for something I can buy using fiat? I try to exchange as much money to bitcoin as I can. It's not easy but it is definitely better idea than buying drugs, alcohol, cigarettes etc. It's weird to see people charging extra for paying with BTC
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:59:04 PM

Spending bitcoin these day are very high in fees
allot of bitcoin online banks and exchanges are charging overprice fees
per transaction, hope this issue get solved soon.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀