Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken scam fraud next MTGOX  (Read 710 times)
R2-D2R2 (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:20:47 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 06:01:51 PM by R2-D2R2

So i was lvl 3 verified on Kraken since 2014,i deposited around 5000$ yesterday , today i check my kraken account it says deposit on hold.

Then i contact their support they tell me they want me to send them my ID, i am like wtf you need my id for? I have already done the level 3 verification and submitted all information back then since 2014 and i am level 3 verified and have deposited money from the same account i have been using for the last 5 years. As soon as i said that i got logged off my kraken ,so i logged back in and i noticed they just removed me from tier 3 verified to not submitted.

All this fucking delay cost me an opportunity for a quick profit of 3k since i am a speed trader, time is always of the essence.

Looks like the their support center is India.....No wonder no wonder...

These guys back in the old days use to be fast these days they just seem to look for reasons to hold your money longer than they need to.

Anyone has a recommendation for another exchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R2-D2R2 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:01:17 PM

This is an update, so i took a picture of me holding my passport in HD and send it to them. They are now saying they want my old ID from 2014 they will not accept my passport as proof of identification. I do honestly believe now this is done on purpose to freeze customers funds for several reasons one to earn interest since they most likely holding millions, now all i want is to get my money back but they won't release it. Their support is in India all those guys doing is copy pasting the same reply when they get a message its really bad. There is no customer service. Furthermore the fact my account was level 3 verified and someone at their end manually downgraded when i told them my account was already verified lvl 3 is also a red flag.

So i am now spending time documenting everything  and will escalate the matter to their regulator BaFin+Bundesanstalt and contact Figor bank and possibly open a fraud case. I contacted my bank today and explained the situation they informed me they have several other clients who have the same issues with Kraken so my bank has contacted Kraken bank and will try to recover my funds.

Now i am also planning to head to their headquarter Office in London to recover my money.

Check their reply;
"We are Hi,

Thanks for sharing ID Confirmation photo. We need your help to complete the verification process. We cannot process your ID Confirmation photo because you are holding a different ID (Passport) than the ID scan/image (Driver's license) which you uploaded separately. We require that the same ID be visible on both the ID confirmation photo and separate ID scan. Therefore, I would like to request you to either upload or share a complete high resolution colour image of your passport separately or feel free to hold driving license in your hand along with the piece of paper while clicking photo for the ID Confirmation photo.

For more details about the ID confirmation photo please see this support article:
https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204061056-What-is-an-ID-confirmation-photo-

Once that's done, please reply to this email and we'll expedite your verification review.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your help with the verification process."

Best Regards,

Shaili
Kraken Client Engagement"
Zeeks

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:25:22 PM

Is this shit even legal  Huh It seems like all these exchanges create rules and abide by these rules when they want and when it's convenient for them.
Why wouldn't your most recent ID be sufficient?
R2-D2R2 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:26:23 PM

Is this shit even legal  Huh It seems like all these exchanges create rules and abide by these rules when they want and when it's convenient for them.
Why wouldn't your most recent ID be sufficient?

As i said absolutely no reason , they say because its not the correct document lol my current ID or passport is not from 2014 just copying and pasting the same response. I have no doubt they doing this on purpose just to hold a lot of their client funds in their reserve.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:50:00 PM

KYC is regulatory compliance, exchanges don't like to annoy customers with this kind of stuff, they have to do it otherwise risk major penalties.

Instructions look clear, you need to provide same documents...

R2-D2R2 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:16:01 PM

KYC is regulatory compliance, exchanges don't like to annoy customers with this kind of stuff, they have to do it otherwise risk major penalties.

Actually you have to provide valid proof of ID this is the standard compliance , but what Kraken is doing is finding reason to hold payments deposit even when a valid identification is provided they are using various reasons to withhold payment.
Spoke to their bank (Figor Bank) in term of regulation the document ID i provided Kraken should of release the funds and not withhold them, as i said previously i am not the only affected by this.
3months18w

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:55:13 PM

So i was lvl 3 verified on Kraken since 2014,i deposited around 5000$ yesterday , today i check my kraken account it says deposit on hold.

Then i contact their support they tell me they want me to send them my ID, i am like wtf you need my id for? I have already done the level 3 verification and submitted all information back then since 2014 and i am level 3 verified and have deposited money from the same account i have been using for the last 5 years. As soon as i said that i got logged off my kraken ,so i logged back in and i noticed they just removed me from tier 3 verified to not submitted.

All this fucking delay cost me an opportunity for a quick profit of 3k since i am a speed trader, time is always of the essence.

Looks like the their support center is India.....No wonder no wonder...

These guys back in the old days use to be fast these days they just seem to look for reasons to hold your money longer than they need to.

Anyone has a recommendation for another exchange?
Maybe a new verification system has implemented, you have to do a re-verification. I recommend you with bittrex, I have  used it for 2 years with nothing unpleasant.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:08:08 PM

Kraken is American, so their regulator is American and they have to abide by American rules, especially when accepting dollars.

If they want the exact same documentation you submitted in 2014, it's because that's the US rules.

Is there a problem with submitting the same documentation? Surely you still have it?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
R2-D2R2 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:07:50 PM

Kraken is American, so their regulator is American and they have to abide by American rules, especially when accepting dollars.

If they want the exact same documentation you submitted in 2014, it's because that's the US rules.

Is there a problem with submitting the same documentation? Surely you still have it?

No since when it expires you issued a new one.

Their did not bother to register with FinCEN so not regulated  no certification of legitimacy + no operator licence if their shutdown tomorrow you wont see your money.
Anyway filing complaint directly with their bank Figor AG in Germany my bank has also informed other clients are have issues with the transfer to Kraken and i am not the only one in this situation.

Kraken is holdings  funds on a major scale reddit speaks for itself , they finding the most silly reasons not to accept identification so they can hold your money  they really pushing unlawful conduct.
Support is in india -_- they have been trained well to copy and paste a response and never address the problem.

I am telling you these guys are on their way to pull the next MTgox way too many red flags and customer support is non existent only a matter of time. Jesse Powell had ties to Mtgox back in the old days even though he never admitted it , the guy is a weasel. 
Zeeks

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:41:31 AM

So do you reckon that it's normal policy to ask for expired or old documents? Sure seems a little strange to me.
R2-D2R2 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:04:48 PM

So do you reckon that it's normal policy to ask for expired or old documents? Sure seems a little strange to me.

Guys another thing be careful, if you change address they will ask you to provide a recent bill from your old address not your new one.... your deposit  money will blocked  do you see why i am saying they finding the most ridiculous reason to hold deposits.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 04:44:00 PM

Guys another thing be careful, if you change address they will ask you to provide a recent bill from your old address not your new one.... your deposit  money will blocked  do you see why i am saying they finding the most ridiculous reason to hold deposits.

Hi R2-D2R2. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please let me know what your ticket number is and I'll have a manager look into this for you? Thanks.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: