Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know this ETH address and why I got ETH for no reason?  (Read 334 times)
dbc23 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:52:06 PM

I wonder if this was some ICO issuing unannounced refunds?  It came in over a week ago but I just now noticed it:

0x78482281699b48dd34a2d521D1fE1E6e22e25314
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:56:39 PM

I wonder if this was some ICO issuing unannounced refunds?  It came in over a week ago but I just now noticed it:

Can you list the amount of ICO that you have invested at pretty much ever? It's funny because some people went compulsively investing on every single ICO in town during the ICO hype thing and a some of them never got anywhere, this made people get their ETH back a ton of time later and they didn't even knew that invested on there. Some people isn't able to track back what exactly they invested at and what amount because they went into a ton of ICOs.
James_CanYa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:04:05 PM

So you got sent free ETH from this address? Did you contribute to this ICO? http://mass.cloud/

The address you linked got sent 5000 ETH from Mass.cloud
thanthan

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Can you list the amount of ICO that you have invested at pretty much ever? It's funny because some people went compulsively investing on every single ICO in town during the ICO hype thing and a some of them never got anywhere, this made people get their ETH back a ton of time later and they didn't even knew that invested on there. Some people isn't able to track back what exactly they invested at and what amount because they went into a ton of ICOs.
Well, they know who you are now!!! You can google the address and it comes up a bunch of time, I came across this (slightly unrelated) nearly made me cry

https://github.com/bokkypoobah/EthereumFoos#dont-leave-your-ports-open

one of the results was listed in bokkypoobah's github - perhaps you could ping him and he might help - some attack.

Do be careful though - sounds like the opening scene of a B movie.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:16:02 PM

I wonder if this was some ICO issuing unannounced refunds?  It came in over a week ago but I just now noticed it:

Well, they know who you are now!!! You can google the address and it comes up a bunch of time, I came across this (slightly unrelated) nearly made me cry

one of the results was listed in bokkypoobah's github - perhaps you could ping him and he might help - some attack.

OP has turned into a millionaire in a matter of seconds. I would personally contact them, and they might give you some type of reward for returning their ETH, or go dark.

As the guy above said, which couldn't be expressed any better, it's opening scene of a B movie.
dbc23 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:35:14 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 11:48:40 PM by dbc23

I wonder if this was some ICO issuing unannounced refunds?  It came in over a week ago but I just now noticed it:

OP has turned into a millionaire in a matter of seconds. I would personally contact them, and they might give you some type of reward for returning their ETH, or go dark.

As the guy above said, which couldn't be expressed any better, it's opening scene of a B movie.

LOL, I wish.  

Actually I've only invested a small bit in 3 tokens yet to be released and MAAS was one of them.  So it seems my gut feeling was probably right and they refunded the pre-ico buyers.

Also, I have a hw and sw firewall just in case but most of my coins are offline anyway Wink

EDIT: oooor apparently they did announce it but the two most recent thread pages didn't make that explicitly clear when I browsed them earlier, guess that one's off the blocks
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:27:21 PM

Thankfully, I never got involved in any ICO. I regret not getting in some tho, the return of investment was simply too big. I think taking the right preventive measures you could have gained a ton of BTC in these ICO's without ruining your privacy in the process. But yeah, Ethereum in itself is a mess. The network goes offline when big ICO's happen. It's a joke.
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 04:39:15 PM

maybe they field wrong address when they want send ETH

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: