View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chemicalbro

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:29:36 PM

Hmmm. Why would this cost more per unit than other group buys?

Vircurex Exchange BTC/LTC/NMC
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:40:28 PM

Hmmm. Why would this cost more per unit than other group buys?
probably because of his time value of money/reward/cost.  the shipping variance might be due to shipping weight (dunno about Canadian shipping).
I've had many PMs from Canada looking for 1-2 units, so this group buy should go through.
Good luck!
Chemicalbro

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:59:12 PM

Well count me out, other group buys are/have been cheaper and it's shipped from the states.

Vircurex Exchange BTC/LTC/NMC
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:40:08 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 09:56:34 PM by CMMPro

I'll go in for 1!

CMMPro ; 1 ; 2.03 ; 1LAccv9GruMenq5JfNtPse6BLjP144Vjdf

(local pickup Mississauga please)

CMMPro

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:23:52 PM

Whoa nice...1/3 of the way there!

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:07:31 PM

I'm watching closely Smiley    However, with about a 7month breakeven i hope we see these for 1-1.5BTC soon!

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
CMMPro

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:17:29 PM

You may see a price drop if someone else steps up to compete.

The little Klondike is a good contended to compete but with no chips shipping from Avalon yet no one knows when they would be ready to mine.

I'd bet Avalon doesn't ship chips until after they ship their batch 2/3 large miners.

If they let out a few hundred thousand chips they will dilute the value of the existing orders greatly and their customers will revolt.
(Like what is happening with BFL.)

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:03:08 AM

I'm watching closely Smiley    However, with about a 7month breakeven i hope we see these for 1-1.5BTC soon!

The way I calculate it, it's a 6-7 month breakeven point at current diff and we all know what is very likely to happen to diff in the next 2-3 months.  I wish I could see how these units make me money because I would love to buy a couple dozen.  For me ASICMINER priced the unit too high.

Good luck with the group buy guys, being a GTA born and bread boy myself I wish I could support you a little but doesn't really make sense to me at this point!
netMonet

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:03:49 PM

I will order 10 units as soon as I figure out how to change cash to BTC.
My friend just configured 10 units, it makes 3.3GH/s !!!
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:21:43 PM

You can go to LibertyBit to exchange cash to BTC.

What I do not get it, though, is why these items are still profitable.

With 0.35 GH/s, one can make (optimistic estimate) 0.4 BTC per month, and it is going to exponentially decrease due to the increase of the hash rates. So, it takes more than 5 months to simply recover the purchase price, even if difficulty remained constant.

Even 1 BTC would be a risky price to pay for these items. Think before your buy!

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
netMonet

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:34:33 PM

You can go to LibertyBit to exchange cash to BTC.

What I do not get it, though, is why these items are still profitable.

With 0.35 GH/s, one can make (optimistic estimate) 0.4 BTC per month, and it is going to exponentially decrease due to the increase of the hash rates. So, it takes more than 5 months to simply recover the purchase price, even if difficulty remained constant.

Even 1 BTC would be a risky price to pay for these items. Think before your buy!

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

I am not a businessman, I do it for fun!
I built 2 computers as mining rigs and bitcoins are the excuse to spend money on computer hardware and have fun (I just finished and all setup costed me $5000 - but fun is priceless)
drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:41:55 PM

I built 2 computers as mining rigs and bitcoins are the excuse to spend money on computer hardware and have fun (I just finished and all setup costed me $5000 - but fun is priceless)

Good for you! You are lucky to belong that minority of human kind who can spend $5,000 on fun.

But most people here at least want to break even, if not to make some profit. The problem with the devices offered for sale here is that the odds of breaking even are quite low with the current pricing.

I further note that if they were so profitable, they would not be sold, but those who already have them would use it themselves.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

Erupter is the only ASIC device that is readily available for an average Joe to get his hands on. TODAY.

If you have less than BTC50 and want to buy a working ASIC device today, Erupter is the only option.

You are quite right about both observations. The question is whether it is profitable to buy these devices today. This is what I very highly doubt, and I am trying my best to caution others from being carried away by the prospects of revenue without adequately considering the costs and return.

You see, what you sell has quite a bit of potential to break even or bring only very small profits after it breaks even, because the difficulty rate increases exponentially, and with more ASIC, there is no reason to assume that its growth will change.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
netMonet

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:26:37 PM

Good for you! You are lucky to belong that minority of human kind who can spend $5,000 on fun.

But most people here at least want to break even, if not to make some profit. The problem with the devices offered for sale here is that the odds of breaking even are quite low with the current pricing.

I further note that if they were so profitable, they would not be sold, but those who already have them would use it themselves.

I don't drink beer and I don't smoke - here comes $5000 easily. Anybody can do it.
drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:09:45 AM

I don't drink beer and I don't smoke - here comes $5000 easily. Anybody can do it.

I find it very sad how insensitive you are toward poverty and those who are less fortunate than you are. While you may not have had the experience of not having money to buy food, others did, and there are many people who starve not because they are lazy or alcoholic or smoke.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:11:24 AM

I don't sell Erupters.  I'm trying to get few guys together to buy ASICMiner Erupters from friedcat at cost (BTC1.99+duties and taxes).

So, you are promoting a product at a price that is not economic, and that those who buy it have a fair chance to lose money on.

Why are you doing it?

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:30:03 AM

So, you are promoting a product at a price that is not economic, and that those who buy it have a fair chance to lose money on.

Why are you doing it?

in the early days of iphone apps, there was an app called "i'm rich" or something like that. it did nothing but display a picture of a gem, and it was something like $1000 to buy. the guy managed a few sales before apple yanked it.

what's being promoted is a piece of electronic equipment. whether the price is economic, or whether those who buy it "lose money" (or, more accurately, fail to make money) is irrelevant.

is the sale of a cd-rw drive irresponsible if the purchaser will never sell enough copied discs to get his money back? to double his money?

you're assuming that the end users are only in it for the money, and that the group buy organizers are preying on the gullible. the organizers assume nothing about the end users' intentions, and are simply helping people who want to buy these devices get their hands on them.

are some people buying these in the hopes of getting rich? perhaps, but isn't it their responsibility to check?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:36:24 AM

Why are you doing it?

in the early days of iphone apps, there was an app called "i'm rich" or something like that. it did nothing but display a picture of a gem, and it was something like $1000 to buy. the guy managed a few sales before apple yanked it.

what's being promoted is a piece of electronic equipment. whether the price is economic, or whether those who buy it "lose money" (or, more accurately, fail to make money) is irrelevant.

is the sale of a cd-rw drive irresponsible if the purchaser will never sell enough copied discs to get his money back? to double his money?

you're assuming that the end users are only in it for the money, and that the group buy organizers are preying on the gullible. the organizers assume nothing about the end users' intentions, and are simply helping people who want to buy these devices get their hands on them.

are some people buying these in the hopes of getting rich? perhaps, but isn't it their responsibility to check?

Most people do not  by CD-RW for selling pirated CDs, but rather to back up their own data. Moreover, the cost of a CD-RW is not comparable to the price for these devices.

I do not question the right of people to waste hundreds or thousands of dollars of their own money if they choose to do so. However, I am doing my duty as a citizen to caution them that if their hope is to make money/profit, then this is not the right device for them.

While CD-RW has many uses, ASIC devices have only a single use -- bitcoin mining.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:40:17 AM

Like I said, I'm not selling nor promoting.  Simply trying to help others.
If you're looking for some other reasons, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Help others make an investment that will have negative returns?

What is your beef with ASICMiner?  Just let it go.  Today, you cannot buy any ASICs other than ASICMiner products.
Avalon, BFL and long list of others are not products that can be ordered and shipped tomorrow. 

Only GPUs, Lancelots, Ztex, Blades and Eruptors ship right now.

I fully agree with that. My point has been and is that for the price Eruptors are sold, they are not economic.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █