Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain purchase with wire transfer expired - scam or not?  (Read 648 times)
drm88 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:56:33 PM

How long do they usually take? It's been 2 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything from them. They are just ignoring me it looks like. Anyone else have similar issues? If so how long did it take for this issue to get resolved and how did you manage to get them to listen to you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:34:25 PM

People throw the word 'scam' around on these forums so much more than they ever should. If something doesnt go their way immediately everyone screams scam like its going out of style

The reality is Bitmain is far and away the largest miner manufacturer in the world but their customer service lags. They arent out to get you, they are just disorganized on the support side.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
drm88 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:39:57 AM

Disorganized? Interesting way of describing things.

I called their U.S. phone number and a robotic directory operator tells me they are bitmain. I go through all the options and get a person (after several tries) and the woman on the other end tells me that not only are they not bitmain but that they don't know where bitmain is located or what their Chinese phone number is, which is very strange considering the robot voice seemed to say otherwise.

I then called their Chinese phone number and when they finally picked up it was possibly the most hostile customer service I have ever experienced in terms of being made to felt like I was some sort of subhuman harassing my superior by simply calling to find out about my order being expired after I paid. Right off the bat the person on the other end was talking to me in a venomous tone like I had done something to piss her off just by calling, almost like she wanted to start screaming at me and cussing me out. I was extremely polite as well so I couldn't figure out what her issue was or why she seemed so angry. Anyways, I tried to figure out what the issue was and she just read me some message telling me to 'wait 7 days wait patiently' and then hung up. Not very comforting.

I tried calling a second time another day to see if I would have a different experience and I didn't, same type of hostility and arrogance. Seems to be a thing with these people.

The emails weren't much better. I have emailed/contacted support 8 times now and they have only responded 3 times and 2 of those were emails telling me to 'wait 7 days' and to 'be patient', while the other one was a link to an article saying that same exact thing in much more detail. Seems like what a scammer would tell you do - "wait patiently while we get your wire transfer and disappear leaving you with no recourse" - and after the initial experience with the American phone number and the people claiming not to be bitmain and the hostility from the Chinese side of the operation....well, this doesn't sit very well with me. Maybe that is just how the Chinese do business? I don't know.

Anyways, that being said, this is my first time doing business with Bitmain, let alone a Chinese company. I don't know if they are a scam or not. I am just trying to figure out if this is the norm and if I should or should not be worried. I have done business with Russians before and when things were going like this it usually ended up being a scam so I'm feeling uneasy.

Kayaman85

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:16:19 PM

Are you talking about bitmain ignoring you? ya it usually takes them a while to reply to your support tickets...But they will resolve the issue if the order/orders are paid for. They just fixed my orders that said expired. So dont worry man.
drm88 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:59:54 PM

It is hard not to be worried right now because I just found out that my bank amended my wire transfer to go to 'Bitmain Technologies AND Limited' instead of 'Bitmain Technologies Limited'. I have no idea why they did that, but it looks like my money may be gone at this point as both sides are refusing to cooperate and help me figure out this situation. Looks like an intentional sabotage from my bank, which has been trying to screw anyone involved with cryptocurrencies and incessantly insisting it is a 'fraud' and a 'ponzi scheme'.
Kayaman85

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:04:29 PM

damn im sorry to hear that man.. that hella sucks....
If your bank changed the info then they should def be responsible for your money getting lost and they should definitely return it to you. If they don't should get a lawyer if you can prove it was their mistake and not yours.
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:31:02 AM

Are you talking about bitmain ignoring you? ya it usually takes them a while to reply to your support tickets...But they will resolve the issue if the order/orders are paid for. They just fixed my orders that said expired. So dont worry man.

How long they fix it and change to valid??  just curious....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: