Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove private key BCC address and import it into a BTC portfolio  (Read 859 times)
hugoboss10_ (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:04:07 PM

Good Morning!

I sent BTC from Bittrex to Bleutrade but with the BCC address, wrong!

I sent email to Bittrex and they answered me this: "You have sent BTC to a BCC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin Cash address and import it into a BTC wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BTC community for help.  We can be of no further assistance on this issue. "

Could you help me figure it out! Please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:38:09 PM

Good Morning!

I sent BTC from Bittrex to Bleutrade but with the BCC address, wrong!

I sent email to Bittrex and they answered me this: "You have sent BTC to a BCC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin Cash address and import it into a BTC wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BTC community for help.  We can be of no further assistance on this issue. "

Could you help me figure it out! Please.

They're lying to you...

You can easily import a bitcoin private key/bitcoin cash private key into another wallet. BCC is a soft fork of BTC, therefore, BCC private keys have the exact same format as BTC private keys.

They probably don't want to help you as it takes them time for something they consider to be your mistake (even though it is probably recommended tha they set the bcc and btc deposit addresses to the same unless a user requests a different one for eac wallet to resolve this issue). However, good luck in getting your coins back!
hugoboss10_ (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:08:53 AM

I did not understand your question, I need to know what to do to solve the problem, thank you.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:25:24 AM

So as I understand, you sent bitcoins to some address that was somewhere meant to be used as a Bitcoin Cash address. Now the addresses are the same thing in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, but their balances can differ on the two networks. Now those coins were sent to some address in an online wallet that is called Bleutrade and they don't appear since Bleutrade only shows the Bitcoin Cash balance of that address and not it's Bitcoin balance, correct?

I don't really know how Bittrex knows this tho, since no one can really know is an address intended to be use as BCC or BTC address just by looking at them.
They are definitely wrong when they call it a BCC address, as there is no such thing. Addresses are the same thing in both, they can just have different balances on them.

What you need to do, if this is the case, is to go to that Bleutrade wallet where you sent those coins, even if they don't show up, and find a way to export the private keys for that address. Navigate around, I never used that wallet personally, so I can't be more precise.

They're lying to you...

You can easily import a bitcoin private key/bitcoin cash private key into another wallet. BCC is a soft fork of BTC, therefore, BCC private keys have the exact same format as BTC private keys.

They probably don't want to help you as it takes them time for something they consider to be your mistake (even though it is probably recommended tha they set the bcc and btc deposit addresses to the same unless a user requests a different one for eac wallet to resolve this issue). However, good luck in getting your coins back!

I guess it is just a slip of the tongue here and that you meant to say a hard fork.
hugoboss10_ (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:54:26 AM

Exactly I sent BTC from Bittrex to Bleutrade more with the BCC address. There in Bleutrade does not appear my coins, so how do I get a way to export the private keys to this address?
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:30:47 AM

Exactly I sent BTC from Bittrex to Bleutrade more with the BCC address. There in Bleutrade does not appear my coins, so how do I get a way to export the private keys to this address?

It's an address from Bleutrade, so you have to contact them.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:55:53 PM

Bluetrade has your coins.  They are the only ones that can help you.

You need to explain to Bluetrade what happened, and then convince them to help. If they will not help, then you can not get your coins back.
Exterminatank

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:40:01 AM

So I'm wondering the outcome to this. I did the very same thing. Trying to contact Bleutrade as we speak but wondering what I'm in for.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: