Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:35:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Blockchain.org hacked or what happend to my funds? Go easy- newbie here  (Read 428 times)
Lifework (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

I was using it for my wallet. yesterday I had a couple hundred bucks in it as I learn the ropes. I go in there today and its cleaned out? I dont know what happened? I cant see any transactions going out but there is not a penny in it. I guess the upside is i was about to load more (well for me anyway) much more money in there between bitcoin and Ether. Now Im scared. Is Blockchain the best place to store it and i was just hacked for a measly $275? I hope its ok to ask this on here?
Would you recommend a different wallet? Do you know anyway i can contact someone to take a look and see where i got screwed? i will obviously be setting up a new wallet before doing anything further.

thank you very much!
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:38:31 PM

I was using it for my wallet. yesterday I had a couple hundred bucks in it as I learn the ropes. I go in there today and its cleaned out? I dont know what happened? I cant see any transactions going out but there is not a penny in it. I guess the upside is i was about to load more (well for me anyway) much more money in there between bitcoin and Ether. Now Im scared. Is Blockchain the best place to store it and i was just hacked for a measly $275? I hope its ok to ask this on here?
Would you recommend a different wallet? Do you know anyway i can contact someone to take a look and see where i got screwed? i will obviously be setting up a new wallet before doing anything further.

thank you very much!

Blockchain.org ? that's not the official site of the blockchain which is blockchain.info
I think someone created this site (blockchain.org) making it similar to blockchain.info just to steal people's coins. the site is currently off, i think you were scammed man. You need to make your research before using such unsafe sites.

You can using blockchain.info wallet, it is safe, but its better to download an offline wallet (like electrum) which give you access to your private keys.
Lifework (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:43:24 PM

thank you very much!

Blockchain.org ? that's not the official site of the blockchain which is blockchain.info
I think someone created this site (blockchain.org) making it similar to blockchain.info just to steal people's coins. the site is currently off, i think you were scammed man. You need to make your research before using such unsafe sites.

You can using blockchain.info wallet, it is safe, but its better to download an offline wallet (like electrum) which give you access to your private keys.

IM very sorry. I meant blockchain.info. i have been searching high and low to see what i screwed up and got confused. when i put real money in i dont want to mess it up however this happened.
Lifework (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:53:02 PM

thank you very much!

to be clear i did researched  while too. my $$ was in for days. today, poof its gone. a measly $275 but id be pissed if i had dumped alot in. is it possible my laptop has a virus or something allowing people to get on and into my account? my true biz acnt has alot more in it. id think they woulda transferred that one.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:00:06 AM

thank you very much!

to be clear i did researched  while too. my $$ was in for days. today, poof its gone. a measly $275 but id be pissed if i had dumped alot in. is it possible my laptop has a virus or something allowing people to get on and into my account? my true biz acnt has alot more in it. id think they woulda transferred that one.
Can you give us your bitcoin address where you save bitcoin?
And to check if your bitcoin is still there .. better to check carefully your wallet and check the history of your transaction check this image
https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205107763/1111.png

And if you seen a output transaction it means there is someone are sending your bitcoin to other wallet..

Are you using 2 factor authentication? if not there is possibility that there are someone accessing your account..
And check your email because sometimes blockchain is sending notification if there is someone logging in into your account. .
aer0

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:21:11 AM

[Suspicious link removed] and Blockchain.info are same company and are the largest provider of Bitcoin wallets.  A very good choice to start with Bitcoin.  As a beginner, no need for downloading wallet software - just not necessary.

As the other poster said - post your BTC address and someone can look into where your funds are.

Harutooo

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:59:58 AM

yes wallet hacked many time because you must save your wallet and best one is blockchin
Lifework (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:24:14 PM

[Suspicious link removed] and Blockchain.info are same company and are the largest provider of Bitcoin wallets.  A very good choice to start with Bitcoin.  As a beginner, no need for downloading wallet software - just not necessary.

As the other poster said - post your BTC address and someone can look into where your funds are.

when you say post my address do you mean the code i would give you if you were to send me BTC?

I have messed with the inbound and outbound look up to see and i see nothing about money coming or going? No email notices either. Only one to extra validate my account i can not get to work becaues the code comes over broken for some reason?

Thank you all for your help.
Hach

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:21:47 PM

I think you are scammed. The website is blockchain.info not .org. For the other domain it's down now. I uses Blockchain.info 2 years and no penny lost.

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 05:52:56 AM

I think you are scammed. The website is blockchain.info not .org. For the other domain it's down now. I uses Blockchain.info 2 years and no penny lost.
He has said in his next post blockchain.info only where losted password. I did a signup yesterday with them, that's why I am following this thread. As per the On poster you used a simple password, but still don't know whether we can recover using email.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: