Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FunFair jump 10x in 15 minutes and goes back to the same price  (Read 524 times)
traderperspective (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:30:02 AM

FunFair jumped almost 10x and fell back to the same price in a 30 minutes interval on the 4th of July 2017. Do anyone know why and how these huge jumps can happen in such a short amount of time?
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:39:03 AM

FunFair jumped almost 10x and fell back to the same price in a 30 minutes interval on the 4th of July 2017. Do anyone know why and how these huge jumps can happen in such a short amount of time?

Its called Pump and Dump, usually a group will choose with coins to pump, in this case its Funfair. So there will be a lot of buy orders and those who are suck into buying will be trap once the group decided its time to dump this coin and take home the profits. You need to be careful and as much as possible stay away from this group because like I told you, if you are swayed into buying this coins then suddenly they dump it, you will take a lot of lose, while those guys are laughing because they have made good money in a span of 30 minutes. So be cautious not to be fooled by this people.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:07:21 AM

I`ve never heard about this Funfair coin.You should stay away from the small altcoins with less trading volume,because their price is easier to manipulate by the altcoin developers or by some big investors.
I think that the major cryptocurrency exchange platforms should have strict policies about adding new altcoins for trading.

Musia

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:20:42 AM

Interesting coin probably, if it throws it. It's very simple to explain the rise in prices because of the large investments in it, and then someone sold a lot and the price bent again, at such moments you can lose a lot, be careful.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:06:43 AM

a big swing like this can have many reasons.
- a bug in the system that shows a false price on the charts
- a very small market with thin orderbook that a medium buy order caused such a rise (for example someone bought 0.1BTC worth of it and it went to the moon!)

in this case, FunFair was added to bittrex on that date! the starting order was probably set on 0.0023BTC and someone (probably the same person who set it there) bought it and the system saved that as the price. but as you can see the price of that day dropped down to 0.00000821BTC.
in other words a fake order caused the fake 10x (a lot more though) rise you saw.

set the chart to 1 day and see for yourself:
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-FUN

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
PokerBetting

Activity: 700
Merit: 563

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:07:29 AM

if funcair price incraese very high only 15 minute
this mean order sell is low, so can pump with high price and then back price again

MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:13:19 AM

These is something like a hidden activity or a sudden hype in the price in a very short period of time there happens most is some coins which is someone enter the market and buy almost the stocks or we can say that someone from the team of that particular coin.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:07:24 AM

Possibly this action was made by "fatfinger"..Sometimes traders dont pay attention to price per unit screen and after purchasing it price goes to moon for short time frame Smiley
MANCRYPTOS

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 12:31:45 PM

Remember, if you see price growing more then 30-50% with out any reason and news - it`s pump and price will go to the dump soon, couse it was done by the group of people artificially. Thy not to buy it, or you can loose a lot of money.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Welcome to the world of pumps mate! As the guy below your post already told you about those sort of groups which are mostly found on telegram, so I won't need reiterating anything. 30 minutes was even very long! I have seen some that has occurred in the past within seconds/ few minutes. Most times when I see such happening, I dont even bother myself in trying to look at that direction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: