Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:42:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The POW 'lite' global 'Airdrop' is confirmed for 09:00 PT 3rd October 2017.  (Read 55430 times)
ann2230

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:27:27 PM

Is there a purpose in mind for POW above transferring to and from Facebook friends? or is that about it for now?

To all other posters who are getting errors - can only apologise - we are still under development (launch is 3rd Oct). Your feedback is super valuable, and as said above we have a bug bounty program (details are above).

Regarding your question - at launch we really are just about allowing users with Facebook accounts to transfer POW among their friend networks. In version 2, which is being built now and will launch in Dec 2017 (we hope) we will build a bridge between the POW Lite ecosystem (Facebook friends network) and the POW ERC20 environment.

Thanks for support
Team@powtoken.com
Is there any other way to join?
POWtoken (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:54:38 PM

>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<

The POW Airdrop starts on 3rd October @ 09:00 PT

The site is live now for testing purposes only. The POW being issued is NOT real!

In the "claim" notice on the website it clearly says this, and that the POW being issued prior to Oct 3rd will be deleted once we launch.

There are multiple small bugs on the site and many of you have been very helpful in pointing them out. That is the purpose of this development period.

For large bugs reported, with useful information, we are paying 500K POW bug bounty.
For smaller bugs reported, or reported with less information, we are paying 100K POW bug bounty.

Please send bugs to team@powtoken.com

Thanks for your support

team@powtoken.com
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:04:49 PM

Join pow token
ETH address: 0x965957EF07C7ceF5b082bFB9eb8ffEc218067E29

JHB3

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

ELIXIR TOKEN

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:20:37 AM

I'm using safari on a mac and when I am on your page it constantly, like refreshes the page in an interval of about 20 seconds, is this normal, do other user experience the same?

And after I connected via facebook, and confirmed all of the pop-ups i end on a black screen that shows nothing. Maybe thats a problem of my browser?

Just tested it with chrome, after connecting via facebook it says "Site not found".
safariwave

Activity: 391
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:05:37 PM

I'm trying to connect with Safari on Mac but I'm getting error 500. FYI

msukairi

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:21:42 PM

I tried to click claim and it gave me ( powtoken.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500 )

I am very interested in anything using Facebook
ArithmomanicVampire

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:17:19 PM

Another question: how do you avoid spoofing attacks? While Facebook might be pretty good at establishing whether a user is genuine/unique, this process takes time. Once you grant tokens to a bot, you cannot undo it, correct? Suppose some bot farm mass-creates Facebook IDs and grabs your tokens before they are taken down by Facebook. How do you deal with that?
Gambit_fr

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Another question: how do you avoid spoofing attacks? While Facebook might be pretty good at establishing whether a user is genuine/unique, this process takes time. Once you grant tokens to a bot, you cannot undo it, correct? Suppose some bot farm mass-creates Facebook IDs and grabs your tokens before they are taken down by Facebook. How do you deal with that?

From the whitepaper: "Any Facebook user over 18 years old with an account over 3 months old is eligible for a free POW ‘lite’ allocation, and simply needs to visit POWtoken.com and click on the ‘Login with Facebook’ button to get their allocation."

rmmpg

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 06:51:56 PM

Joined in
jijikill

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:03:59 PM

Okay I think the login bug has been fixed , I'm able to access my account and I saw a shit load of tokens , as dev said this is fake  Sad Sad
Which means the real airdrop will starts on 3rd of October , QUESTION : Do we early tester get extra airdrop ?  Cool Cool
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:48:36 AM

What have you done to give these coin value? Where in the exchange volume can we see that this is going to be a successful. You talk about it airdrop but you're not saying anything about what you're going to do to make those coin worth something. I can sit there and make a coin and give out hundreds and thousands of them but that doesn't make them worth anything. You need a full roadmap and projects to backup your coins worth.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
POWtoken (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:14:05 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 08:52:32 PM by POWtoken

What have you done to give these coin value? Where in the exchange volume can we see that this is going to be a successful. You talk about it airdrop but you're not saying anything about what you're going to do to make those coin worth something. I can sit there and make a coin and give out hundreds and thousands of them but that doesn't make them worth anything. You need a full roadmap and projects to backup your coins worth.

If you read the Whitepaper you will see that we also see this as a bit of a grand monetary experiment. The experiment asks the question "What happens when you create a network of people with holdings in a digital currency, with the utility to pass it to each other?" You may well be right, that the price never rises. But we have a feeling that the network effect will 'kick in', and the price will indeed rise, attracting more claimants, creating a virtuous circle. You will also see that the amount of POW being given away declines sharply, which rewards early adopters.

Not to get too abstract about it, but the example Cowrie shells shows that a currency does not have to have intrinsic value. It has to have fungibility, scarcity, durability, among other things. Cowrie shells were used as medium of exchange for hundreds of years from China to Africa. Did you know the classical Chinese symbol for money is a stylised Cowrie shell?

Our algo for allocating POW means that there is a maximum supply of 259,602,823,220 POW. This sounds a lot, but they wont all be issued at once. The algo allocates them to claimants on a first come most served basis. We have accommodated for 10bn claimants (there are only 5bn persons connected to the Internet globally so we have some head room). If you look at how the algo scales down the allocations, by the time we have 2bn claimants we will have given over 200bn POW away. It is that scaling down that mimics the scarcity of assets such as precious metals as they are mined to extinction.

It really will be fascinating to watch how it progresses. The thing is. What have you got to lose by claiming?

team@powtoken.com

p.s. Thanks to all who have reported bugs, we're beavering away dealing with them 1 at a time.  Just 11 days to launch left!
Novajoensda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:38:26 PM

I've already registered with my fb account, and I got my pow balance 34.364.261 and it worth 178.69 USD
But on the registering form they not asking my ethereum address yet. Still waiting the progress on this airdrops  😊😊
POWtoken (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:20:05 PM

I've already registered with my fb account, and I got my pow balance 34.364.261 and it worth 178.69 USD
But on the registering form they not asking my ethereum address yet. Still waiting the progress on this airdrops  😊😊

Sorry to disappoint, but the airdrop does not start till 3rd October. The claim form clearly states (in large bold text) that is in development mode currently and all POW balances will be cancelled prior to the launch.

The good news is that if you claim at 09:00 on the 3rd you may get an even higher claim. The first person to claim gets 10bn POW.

The allocation algo is: 10bn/user_number

This means user #1 gets 10bn POW, and user #100 get 100mn POW and user #1bn gets 10 POW etc.. etc...

Your other issue is with ETH address. You do not need to give us an ETH address. The POW being given away will only be moveable to the Ethereum blockchain from December (please read the whitepaper). When you come to move your POW onto the blockchain, we will then ask for your ETH address.

We are building a  bridge between the POWtoken.com ecosystem (where Facebook users can claim POW) and the Ethereum Blockchain and hope to have it completed by December 2017.
http://powtoken.com/POW_Whitepaper_19_09_2017.pdf

Thanks for your support - I hope you get a  great allocation on the 3rd Oct! Be lucky!
team@powtoken.com
gliridian

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:22:58 AM

if you are living in HK area, what will be the exact time of the airdrop? I'm confused of the PT, is it Pacific Standard Time? Please clarify dev thanks!
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:25:13 AM

This is interesting, I recently join a bounty and this is airdrop its new for me. I will bookmark this thread and read comments to learn something new.
adrian215

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:30:24 PM

Hi I'm encountering same error but after a while of retrying my account is connected.
BlueStone

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:55:53 PM

Airdrop has not started yet, it will be live on 3rd Oct as per information posted on their website. They will remove all balances before starting the airdrop, currently, they are working in test mode only.
sein

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:19:11 PM

Airdrop has not started yet, it will be live on 3rd Oct as per information posted on their website. They will remove all balances before starting the airdrop, currently, they are working in test mode only.

I have also tried to make a claim .. and the result "Some problem occurred, please try again.User already exists in our database! Sorry, No additional free content allowed!" after I read .. information listed on webside .. same as you say
arch365

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:21:51 PM

Too RISKY they can access to your email and FB partners
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: