Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-29 RT PI: The Need for Bitcoin Neutrality; Fannie & Freddie Tax Games  (Read 942 times)
The 4ner (OP)
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

http://www.hulu.com/watch/495116

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:39:48 PM

Also on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1byaarDhj8&list=UUFdbeeLmpiK0Bgf4hCrPfWw&index=1

Interview starts at 15:15.

Any comments and feedback welcome - I have more interviews scheduled and would love to hear everyone's thoughts and improve!

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:15:12 PM

Awesome stuff!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:47:49 PM

Good job Andreas! You represented the community well.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:33:51 PM

I enjoyed that, but... but... but... When RT is at its best, it looks like big-league heartlander journalism. This one kept showing its seams, from teleprompter gaffes to clothes that were just a bit off the North-American norm.

Everything Andreas said was informative, passionate, probably true, but... but... but... it was messianic, "furrin-sounding", and the natural airport/subway-platform/lobby set looked contrived. Almost perfect, but by being a little bit "off" it invites mockery and suspicion.

The oh-so-insightful message gets lost in the packaging. YMMV (I hope).

Highlights aplenty nonetheless, for example: "Neutrality is itself a principle", "Centralized systems don't scale", "Our existing monetary and regulatory system is designed to be skewed toward big players", "Just knowing what the regulations are is a multimillion dollar per year exercise", "From the moment you start on BTC you're global, from day one."

Goosebump moments, all! Thanks, Andreas, I hope the message doesn't get lost in the packaging.

aantonop

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 10:44:40 PM

Much appreciate the feedback -

I can't disagree with any of your comments about the context. Hopefully, I can do some work with them at a studio location next time, which would be better. I am always open to participating in other media interviews, so this at least can be used as my audition reel. Bob was a great interviewer, and we got a nice conversational rhythm going.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. When I speak about bitcoin I project my natural enthusiasm and passion for the topic. I cannot pretend it (or something like it) will not change the world as I'm convinced it will. I see the positive impact much more than the negative aspects and FUD.

If there were specific words or sentences that sound too messianic or too "wide eyed", which are those, so I can avoid them? I'd like to understand better which ones passed above the threshold of enthusiasm and seemed over the top to your ears/eyes. Specific examples would be most appreciated.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:40:50 AM

Much appreciate the feedback -

I can't disagree with any of your comments about the context. Hopefully, I can do some work with them at a studio location next time, which would be better. I am always open to participating in other media interviews, so this at least can be used as my audition reel. Bob was a great interviewer, and we got a nice conversational rhythm going.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. When I speak about bitcoin I project my natural enthusiasm and passion for the topic. I cannot pretend it (or something like it) will not change the world as I'm convinced it will. I see the positive impact much more than the negative aspects and FUD.

If there were specific words or sentences that sound too messianic or too "wide eyed", which are those, so I can avoid them? I'd like to understand better which ones passed above the threshold of enthusiasm and seemed over the top to your ears/eyes. Specific examples would be most appreciated.

Fair question, for sure - sent me scurrying back to watch the vid again. I'm inclined to think the "messianic" thing comes from their camera angles at least as much as your words. The close-in shots give it a wide-eyed intensity that is beyond what one would get face-to-face. They also made sure an earring was highlighted, which probably has an effect - positive for some viewers, negative for others. As for specific "messianic" phrases, perhaps "bitcoin is special", "it will change the world", "epiphany", "I know I'm right", "ways we can't begin to imagine yet"... I happen to agree with these, but of course they will make many people uncomfortable - perhaps that is exactly the right thing to do, who knows? Your adversaries, present or future, will exploit it though. "BTC fanatics claim blah, but blah blah blah." You know the game, of course. My "furrin-sounding" remark was intended to suggest that your slight non-heartland accent would give heartlanders an excuse to dismiss your message. They may or may not be an important group to win over, who knows? On reflection... be yourself, do what you do, you'll never please everybody, especially when you turn their world upside down. Thanks!

aantonop

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:28:42 AM

Fair question, for sure - sent me scurrying back to watch the vid again. I'm inclined to think the "messianic" thing comes from their camera angles at least as much as your words. The close-in shots give it a wide-eyed intensity that is beyond what one would get face-to-face. They also made sure an earring was highlighted, which probably has an effect - positive for some viewers, negative for others. As for specific "messianic" phrases, perhaps "bitcoin is special", "it will change the world", "epiphany", "I know I'm right", "ways we can't begin to imagine yet"... I happen to agree with these, but of course they will make many people uncomfortable - perhaps that is exactly the right thing to do, who knows? Your adversaries, present or future, will exploit it though. "BTC fanatics claim blah, but blah blah blah." You know the game, of course. My "furrin-sounding" remark was intended to suggest that your slight non-heartland accent would give heartlanders an excuse to dismiss your message. They may or may not be an important group to win over, who knows? On reflection... be yourself, do what you do, you'll never please everybody, especially when you turn their world upside down. Thanks!

Very helpful and interesting feedback.

Thank you for the specific phrases - good to know.

The "earring" is a freckle! I had never thought that people might think it an earring, as in person it is obviously flat - but the camera does make it interesting. I wonder if I should dab some concealer on it next time.

As for the accent, well, that I cannot change. I am a furr-iner with a mix of British, Greek, New York, Brooklyn and California accents, as I have lived in all those places and absorbed the accents.

I realize now that having removed 3-4 minutes of context, they also highlighted more of my enthusiasm and less of my moderation - I can see how to "sensationalized - up" the segment... Rascally editors!. Live segments are less easy to sensationalize like that.

Thank you again for helping me improve my work.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
The 4ner (OP)
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:47:36 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 05:58:27 AM by The 4ner

Also on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1byaarDhj8&list=UUFdbeeLmpiK0Bgf4hCrPfWw&index=1

Interview starts at 15:15.

Any comments and feedback welcome - I have more interviews scheduled and would love to hear everyone's thoughts and improve!

A little late, but thanks for adding that link to YT. Hulu lags a lot.

Edit: BTW great job on the interview aantonop! Seriously.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:28:50 AM

The "earring" is a freckle!

Sorry - I had wondered about that, even stared at it fullscreen - then took a chance. Too analytical for my own good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: