Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earned enough ETH to reinvest in another rig, would you do it?  (Read 688 times)
jmigdlc99 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:07:49 AM

Lets say you've mined enough ETH so that you can already afford to buy another GPU mining rig, would you do it right now?

This is given that you're a PRO miner, you know what you are doing, and you can easily build the most optimized GPU rig. The money you earned is also surplus and will really be used as an investment anyway.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
promo25

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:28:59 AM

No way. When I got into mining gpu prices were normal and you could ROI the whole rig in a month and a half, but now it would take 9 months to pay for the whole rig without including the cost of electricity (and probably even longer because of how expensive gpus are right now), which is way too much and with the increasing dificulty it can take even longer to ROI.

I say HODL your coins and keep mining whith the rigs you have.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:58:47 AM

I'd try to find a used l3/l3+ at a good price and buy that, they seem to be much more stable and alot of the new coins use scrypt so its very good for speculative mining, if thats not a possibilty i would buy a new gpu rig but only if i can find gpus for the regular prices, over priced gpus are not good investment.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:10:28 PM

If you had a certain amount of ETH at this point, I wouldn't sell at current prices, even to purchase more hardware.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
radeone

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 10:14:26 PM

theres some things in the horizon for eth i wouldnt spend it on a gpu because the roi like everyone has said is way long and you wont make it back by the time you do that eth will be probably worth a whole lot more. if anything try deferring the electric cost before getting more gpus. thats my two sats.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
1Fish2Fish

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:24:19 PM

I'd try to find a used l3/l3+ at a good price and buy that, they seem to be much more stable and alot of the new coins use scrypt so its very good for speculative mining, if thats not a possibilty i would buy a new gpu rig but only if i can find gpus for the regular prices, over priced gpus are not good investment.
What's a good price for a used L3?
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:51:32 PM

Only stupid people would exchange eth for gpus to mine eth right now, eth forks are coming and there are too many good news about the fork, I'm seeing at least 300% rise in few weeks, eth might even reach 0.5 btc and that is being conservative.

You need to understand that when eth rises it rises many times in few hours. ETH might reach 0.5 btc tomorrow.

And if you spend on a mining rig then will take at least 1 year and 6 months for you to get the same eth amount you have right now.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
jmigdlc99 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:06:01 AM

Im actually considering ASICs too but aside from Litecoin, may i ask what Scrypt coins you do speculative mining on? Im asking because, why an L3/L3+?
Using the latest profitability calculators, it seems that the D3 (x11 algo) and Dash mining is way more profitable.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
LazyJones

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

I do electrical.

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:12:57 AM

Whattomine.com and check out the scrypt coins. Go from there.

moataz_ansary

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:38:32 AM

ETH Mining will be more profitable in near future
As ETH will be @500$ Soon
So you can to begin your mining rig and start mining and hold your ETH tight
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: