Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet RPC to Stratum proxy  (Read 357 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:48:07 PM

Are there any RPC to Stratum proxies that are designed for solo mining?

Right now the pool server I'm mining on has terrible luck. It makes me think they're scamming and I'd rather just go it alone. Unfortunately my mining software doesn't support a direct RPC connection. I need some sort of middleman between the wallet and my miner that supports stratum.

I would prefer it if the stratum didn't verify if a share was valid (reduce CPU load and complexity) before pushing it off to the wallet. If it sees a share > networkdiff it would immediately push it to the wallet. This would give it sort of universal support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
canonical

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:21:01 PM

Are there any RPC to Stratum proxies that are designed for solo mining?

Right now the pool server I'm mining on has terrible luck. It makes me think they're scamming and I'd rather just go it alone. Unfortunately my mining software doesn't support a direct RPC connection. I need some sort of middleman between the wallet and my miner that supports stratum.

I would prefer it if the stratum didn't verify if a share was valid (reduce CPU load and complexity) before pushing it off to the wallet. If it sees a share > networkdiff it would immediately push it to the wallet. This would give it sort of universal support.

Looking to do something similar. Did you workout a way to get this to work?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:24:01 PM

A stratum "proxy" the way you describe it - is a pool Smiley

simply setup your own pool

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
canonical

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:30:16 PM

Was just wondering if there might be a simpler way for the very limited functionality of 1 external machine connecting to a local wallet instead of having to set up a pool.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:56:04 PM

Was just wondering if there might be a simpler way for the very limited functionality of 1 external machine connecting to a local wallet instead of having to set up a pool.

mmh... nope, as the pool soft has to work out the shares & block compilation out of the getblocktemplate call from the daemon

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: