Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So low market cap is better for investment?  (Read 6202 times)
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 07:28:35 PM

No
It is not always true.
There is lot's of low marketcap shitcoin available on market.
But low marketcap coin has the higher opportunity to increase more if you think from speculator's perspective.
Low marketcap coin can easily go to 5X or 10X.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:37:53 PM

Low market capitalization gives a perspective of sudden and great rise of prices. But it is necessary for people to have confidence in these coins. Low capitalization may be an indication that people don't trust these coins and they will die and not born. Each case is individual.
You are correct when it comes to those coins you need to see why there has not been a big investment yet, is it because it is a hidden gem, or is it because there are some issues that are not resolved or is it because the projects is complete trash and no one is going to invest in it.
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:43:10 PM

Well it is going to give you better returns on your investment if you pick the right one. But if you pick the wrong one it could be much more loss as well. That is the fun with low cap coins they are really risky but if you pick

correct it could mean the moon for you. This applies for any investment in life, the more riskier it is the more reward it will give you. The middle-high marketcap coins are less riskier but as a result will provide for less

volatility either way.

commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:00:25 AM

Low marketcap is just one preference that you need to look if you are buying new coin. I prefer 10M-100M supply when i look for a coin but there are some exceptions depending on the project they are working with and the team behind the development.

inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:38:28 AM

So low market cap is better for investment?
It mean we dont have huge amount of coins ready for sell?

It may still be considered another factor for me before investing into it. But on top of the low market cap, it is more important to look at the project itself. The project and not the market cap will, after all, be the one to determined whether the value will go up or go down. I am not even holding a single Syscoin right now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:59:47 AM

Not really because this just means that the coin has small room for investment even if they have a good project. Besides this kind of coins with low market cap are unstable and are prone to pump and dumps
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:36:05 AM

Other than looking at market caps, you have to research the team and idea itself. I just bought into this ICO because they have a powerful team, idea, and execution. http://www.esportsinsider.com/2017/10/unikoingold-becomes-largest-ever-gaming-esports-token/
steveouttrim

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:08:13 AM

buy low, sell high.

I would look at quality of management team, idea, and potential for demand to grow. These are more important than market cap, market cap can always go higher. Too low can be a bad thing.

Not every trade has to be 10000% returns. Look to buy something when it has been over-sold.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:13:31 AM

Small market caps is said to present the possibility of greater capital appreciation but it  goes with a greater risk. But small capitalization market is recommended for investment, though it comes with a risk, the capital appreciation is said to be higher if the market is in good condition. Though we are not that confident on the movement of the market, I still recommend investing in low market cap as I consider this as the safest mode among others.

Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:54:49 AM

Low market capitalization is often attractive because it means that there is space for high growth.
Sometimes I invest in projects which I am not fully convinced into just because of the differential between current market cap and immediate potential. INXT was the most recent coin which made me good gains in that regard.
Having said this the drawback is that discerining through coins with low market cap can feel like ravaging in rubbish at times..

bossgucci

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:05:01 PM

You need to wait for them to pump it when selling it. If you have bought it when the price was low you would then make some profit. You need to watch also who the makers are if they are unprofessional i would then sell my coins fast. You never know what if the coin would fall ? You would then lose all your money.
yourialfa

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:37:12 PM

low marketcap = bigger chance of giving you higher multipliers on your investment but the risk that you lose everything because the project fails/there's no interest in it is rather high.
high marketcap = smaller chance of high multipliers but also small risk of a failed project.

Personally I like to invest in projects with 10-30 mln marketcap.
I agree with you. I am afraid if marketcap is low then the coin becomes lost. and I prefer high marketcap.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 04:44:57 AM

So low market cap is better for investment?
It mean we dont have huge amount of coins ready for sell?

It depends but IMO it should be a "yes" to say low market cap are better for investment (Case by case)

Reason why: High marketcap coins are usually reputable, hype-able, develop-able which will make a high marketcap higher

But low marketcap coins are usually coins that belongs to 70-80% Junk, 10% gems and 10% others.

For people who are searching for risky yet real quick gain, yeah. Low marketcap is better for investment
SimilarCoin

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:51:53 AM

It really depends upon the case by case basis.

However; generally speaking, low market cap is better for investment. <<== Yes I do agree with that statement 100%
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:53:39 AM

Low market caps are more susceptible to pump and dumps. It also shows that the coin wont last long as it is unstable and is going to be exploited by some investors..
Not all the time, the projects that have low market caps usually have no volume within their time being traded online. Researching the investment thoroughly is how to make money.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:25:58 AM

The good thing is these low cap coins are very good if one is well positioned before the price spike but the bad thing is that they can lose all their gains in a matter of hours to, very subject to price manipulation
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:25:51 AM

Investing in a low marketcap is more as a gamble. I find it fun to invest a small amount of money in some projects that i belive in. I don`l invest in more than 5 coins from this cathegory but if one of them turn to be succesfull i will be happy.
Of course the big part of the protofolio must be in big coins in top 10.

CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:45:02 PM

Yes. To gain high always low market cap is better. It gives high gains as it has the potential to increase its market cap thus increasing the price of the coin. If the project is good and has low market cap, then invest in it. It will be huge and you will get nice returns.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:40:51 AM

Its all about risk and return.

1 million = HIGH RISK - HIGH RETURN
100 million = LOW RISK - LOW RETURNS

In ICO's - the ideal is 15 to 30 million in my opinion.
charxwsm

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:40:38 AM

It really depends as nothing is stable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: