Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low watts on one of five Nvidia cards leading to a Thread out on Code 4  (Read 195 times)
ryanodell81 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

I was finally able to get my 5th GPU to show up by running the flash Bios.  This however led to my next problem.  Once I got my 5th GPU up and going it caused one of my GPUs to run on low watts.  I know this because I borrowed the code below and it gives me a print out of the watts being used by each GPU.

--eexit 3 --log 2 --logfile ZCASH.%date:~6,4%%date:~3,2%%date:~0,2%.ewbf.log --pec goto :restart

This worked okay for a while with 4 GPUs mining at ~430sol/s and the 5th one going between 70-225 sol/s with watts in the range of 75-106 while the rest of my GPUs had watts in the range of 140-148.  Since this is a new question I am going to start a new post.

My first thought was to swap out the GPU but doing this had no effect on the low watts and error.  Because of the code I used (and shown above **that I borrowed) after my GPUs go down on Thread Exit Code 4 the program restarts them witch is typically followed by Thread Exit Code 46 and the GPUs are never again able to restart or get the sol/s to go back above zero.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: