Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:08:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello people, new guy aboard. I have a few questions on my mind.  (Read 297 times)
chancer (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:17:49 PM

Greetings !  Smiley

I'm relatively new to bitcoin/altcoin mining, an enthusiast if you will, who looks forward to initiate this journey !

I've already watched a few videos on youtube as to how this whole thing works, and I am seriously considering to start saving up money for atleast 2 mining PC's. Now, as for the questions, could anyone competent enough be willing to enlighten me which is the most profitable/rational way to mine and which GPU's and CPU's are most preferred and sought out by the people ? I'm planning on building 2 RIG's with 12 GPU's each or 24 in total and see where it would take me from there, I would assume the monthly generated profits wouldn't be too shabby in the long run seeing as I live in Eastern Europe and electricity here is paid in my national currency which would happen to be almost dirt cheap so bills wouldn't be something too much of an issue. Any tips, advices would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you and cheers !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AU_AG

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:25:28 AM

Here is  a tip. DONT DO IT.
chancer (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:31:48 AM

Here is  a tip. DONT DO IT.

Why so ?
james50a

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

first off this is the buy/sell form section so wrong area. also if you dont know your exact numbers then  crypto isnt for you. electricity is cheap isnt a firm # which you need to know so you dont even end up spending money on power. things like psu efficency come into play as well as if a coin will even be profitable in the future. difficulty rises with any coin constantly and as such profits for mining ALWAYS go down eventually. short and simple of it is dont do it if your idea is that your going to get good enough advice from a chat form. need todo alot more resarch and understand at the end of the day crypto anything is gambling
Miningstore

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

Miningstore.com - Mining Rigs and Rig Hosting

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 03:08:08 PM

I would suggest thinking about what cards you are most likely going to use and find the hash rate of it. Just simply google "sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8gb hash rate" as an example. Then, follow this link: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=&CostPerkWh= to see how much that card makes every month and if you type in your power usage correctly as well then it will also tell you how much your energy cost is and will take it out of your profit, so it does the math for you. DIY can be difficult as far as sourcing GPU's goes... Everywhere is always sold out; plus if you can't get any discounts, you could pay a small fortune. You also have to decide what coin you want to mine and your software. Some software, like ethOS, works very well mining ETH. But you have to figure out the intricacies. If this sounds like more than it's worth, many users would simply suggest buying the coins and save them. However, I would suggest otherwise. Having a rig is a perpetual stream of income, and instead of buying coins all the time and trading to get higher, you could just let your rig rake in the tokens and then day trade them for better profits. Also, many places sell GPU miners, and they are much easier to find in stock than ASIC miners. If you are interested in purchasing miners, then use promo code "Chancer" for $50 off your next miner purchase at https://miningstore.co/. Happy mining!

Host your Antminer S9 starting at $82 a unit at www.miningstore.com
Sylvso

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:16:25 PM

Check out rigs on ebay and make your idea of the best. Here is the best one atm on sale :
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/253166484620
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:19:46 PM

Greetings !  Smiley

I'm relatively new to bitcoin/altcoin mining, an enthusiast if you will, who looks forward to initiate this journey !

I've already watched a few videos on youtube as to how this whole thing works, and I am seriously considering to start saving up money for atleast 2 mining PC's. Now, as for the questions, could anyone competent enough be willing to enlighten me which is the most profitable/rational way to mine and which GPU's and CPU's are most preferred and sought out by the people ? I'm planning on building 2 RIG's with 12 GPU's each or 24 in total and see where it would take me from there, I would assume the monthly generated profits wouldn't be too shabby in the long run seeing as I live in Eastern Europe and electricity here is paid in my national currency which would happen to be almost dirt cheap so bills wouldn't be something too much of an issue. Any tips, advices would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you and cheers !

Well, first of all you have posted your (valid) question in the wrong area, so be prepared to get some crap for that Smiley Second, information you're looking for is plenty around, here, on Youtube, other crypto forums etc, just spend few days reading and you'll start getting rough ideas, more reading will shape them up. If you have any specific questions in mind then try posting in mining sections. You can also PM me and I'll answer them when I have time.

chancer (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:45:03 PM

Woah ! Such a positive vibe, very nice ! Thanks for all the info guys, I will be monitoring this thread, if anything should arise I will either leave a reply here or PM somebody for a more in-depth, detailed info. Cheers and thanks once again !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: