Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FNIB: Violent opponent of free speech  (Read 3850 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13017

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:03:07 PM

Private Internet Access (sponsor of the forum's hosting), Sirius, and others received a takedown notice from FNIB.CO (First National Innovation Brokers).

It demands the removal of this topic. I assume (but I'm not sure) that the person who started that topic was sent similar threats which convinced him to blank his topic. But I'm not going to let FNIB get away with their suppression of legitimate discussion: This topic will not be taken down.

It tells you what kind of company FNIB is that they would threaten violence (via police) in order to censor critics. Clearly they are incapable of any intellectual defense of their practices if they need to resort to threats. I would certainly never trust my money with FNIB.

This forum exists to provide a platform for free discussion. I will not tolerate censorship. Private Internet Access also takes a strong stance against censorship. It's impressive that Private Internet Access and their partners were able to ignore these takedown notices. A lot of ISPs will take stuff down at the first sign of legal trouble.

Hopefully this topic will hurt FNIB more than their threats helped them. You can't behave like a thug and get away with it forever...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
RedRobin2442

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:24:05 PM

I will stand with you offer my support. Thank you for all that you do Theymos. Private Internet Access just got a future customer and FNIB will never get a cent of my money.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:38:19 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 03:58:43 PM by pekv2

Private Internet Access (sponsor of the forum's hosting), Sirius, and others received a takedown notice from FNIB.CO (First National Innovation Brokers).

It demands the removal of this topic. I assume (but I'm not sure) that the person who started that topic was sent similar threats which convinced him to blank his topic. But I'm not going to let FNIB get away with their suppression of legitimate discussion: This topic will not be taken down.

It tells you what kind of company FNIB is that they would threaten violence (via police) in order to censor critics. Clearly they are incapable of any intellectual defense of their practices if they need to resort to threats. I would certainly never trust my money with FNIB.

This forum exists to provide a platform for free discussion. I will not tolerate censorship. Private Internet Access also takes a strong stance against censorship. It's impressive that Private Internet Access and their partners were able to ignore these takedown notices. A lot of ISPs will take stuff down at the first sign of legal trouble.

Hopefully this topic will hurt FNIB more than their threats helped them. You can't behave like a thug and get away with it forever...

Wow. This is why I love theymos and bitcointalk. You will not tolerate or allow being bullied.

What I don't understand, is why was the post removed? They must have info on worldly? maybe has wordly's dox?

And a question to you theymos, if you may kindly reply, do you still have that post in the archives, that was removed and post it in this thread so we can see what was said?

This is a topic I will be following for sure.

Edit:
Ok, I see, the wordings are in the PDF of the post. And I guess they do have worldly dox. If I was theymos, I would post exactly what was removed here @bitcointalk to in this thread, from the archives.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

For any country, because I reside in the US, please have a read @ http://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm#amdt_1_%281791%29

If they are to lazy to click a link, here.

Amendment I (1791)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:15:57 PM

I probably have the original post backed up somewhere, but I don't want to post it if worldly wanted it gone.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:24:09 PM

This has been removed too.

In the interest of free speech, I think they should be restored.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
pekv2

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:25:09 PM

I probably have the original post backed up somewhere, but I don't want to post it if worldly wanted it gone.

Ok, respectful. Would you be able to confirm, the quoted post in the PDF is worded the same as what was removed? I'm just trying to confirm, FNIB PDF post quote statement vs wordly's removed post. I am guessing things could be added or subtracted in the PDF.

Edit:

This is screwed up^@This has been removed too.

Agreed, but theymos is doing it out of respect for wordly, I believe.
pekv2

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:30:11 PM

Edit:

This is screwed up^@This has been removed too.

Agreed, but theymos is doing it out of respect for wordly, I believe.

All of his posts have been removed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13665;sa=showPosts

Wth. hm.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:34:04 PM

That's FNIB.CO, BTW.

Some self examination and maturity is really needed here, as well as moderation to enforce politeness and respect.

Members come to the forums to learn and ultimatley  increase their participation in the btc economy.  To the extent that more goods and services become available and people are aware of the possibilities, demand for btc grows and its value per dollar increases.  This should be obvious.

Everyone should be welcomed and encouraged at the forum unless they DO HARM to another.  Vetting has its proper place, but what happens here is not vetting; its hazing.  Abuse, hate, paranoia, attacks and an effort to drive a forum member into the dirt and discourage everybody from doing business in BTC with that member. 

There is an almost pathalogical hate coming from a number of forum members who post frequently.  Just look at the responses to our last post for proof.   Hate was directed at us from foolish people who confuse opening their account with 100 btc as tantamount to GIVING US 100 btc and another ignorant, green  person who has no clue how trades are settled and thinks trading companies keep precious metals in vaults Smiley

In real life normal people would not dare go up to somebody and make the nasty remarks we ( FNIB ) always get on this forum from strangers who dont know a damn thing about our company or our industry.         

These naysayers think they are smart by doing a WHOIS or other snooping in an attempt to find dirt, then post the results on the forum as if exposing some criminal plot.  Cut the B.S.  Enough.

Could it be thay these hecklers are wimps in person and the Internet is the only place they can go to act like tough guys without having the glasses smacked off their nerdy little faces and pencil necks?

We  www.fnib.co   are  the first forex company to accept BTC.  If you cant give us any respect for this, or at least the courtesy that ANY human being deserves, what does that say about bitcoin proponents active on this forum?

Check your attitude and clean up these boards.  The fact that you are in a shitty mood, cant get laid or just got up on the wrong side of the bed does not give you a license to scandalize somebody's name.

Ok, respectful. Would you be able to confirm, the quoted post in the PDF is worded the same as what was removed? I'm just trying to confirm, FNIB PDF post quote statement vs wordly's removed post. I am guessing things could be added or subtracted in the PDF.

They are accurate quotes.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:31:36 PM

gems from the notice:
The website complained of above, is viewable In New Zealand. Therefore it is considered published in New Zealand.
and defames my client by describing them as “sketchy”
MY SIDES

[...]New Zealand’s defamation laws are modeled
after the U.K.’s law.

”In the 1999 United Kingdom case [...]
can this faggot even into New Zealand law? Precedents don't carry over from common wealth countries.

or be prepared to defend your inaction in the New Zealand Courts.
or maybe, you can, you know... fuck off.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 04:16:33 AM

Why was it even taken down? Does the forum not have enough money to defend in court?

The guy who posted it removed it, which is his right if that's what he wants.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:20:23 AM

Why was it even taken down? Does the forum not have enough money to defend in court?

The guy who posted it removed it, which is his right if that's what he wants.

Are you sure that is what happened? More than one thread and more than one OPer had the very same (removed) tag.

However if true, that makes me feel much better.

The last edit line states it's Worldly who edited the post.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:43:34 AM

But if you look at this thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47496.0 you will see « Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:07:39 AM by FNIB » not by Hous1955 the OP.

Why does FNIB get to remove stuff from other peoples posts?

Edit: I'm going to assume someone changed that guys forum name.

I think FNIB was Hous1955.
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:21:51 PM

But if you look at this thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47496.0 you will see « Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:07:39 AM by FNIB » not by Hous1955 the OP.

Why does FNIB get to remove stuff from other peoples posts?

Edit: I'm going to assume someone changed that guys forum name.

I think FNIB was Hous1955.

Can donators & VIPs change their name?
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:31:24 PM

Can donators & VIPs change their name?

VIPs can for sure as my real account name is goat. However I am not sure about donators.

Ah. I think Hous1955 is just a donator then. Green.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: