Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 05:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT NEWS FOR VIRTUAL CURRENCIES from Liberty Reserve Press Conference  (Read 8995 times)
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:29:19 PM

Lol as long as you have to pay your debts and taxes in dollars it doesn't mean jackshit to them if you use buttcoins

Just as long as you pay taxes and debts.. if you don't.. you go jail Cheesy Cheesy
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:02:06 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 07:22:41 PM by Its About Sharing

If Robert S. Mueller, Director of the FBI, and Secretary Janet Napolitano of Homeland Security made a statement claiming that they had no problem with Bitcoin specifically as a system then you could be excited. The term "Virtual Currency" is too generic. Having some little fudwinkle under secretary nobody claiming that they have no problem with a generic concept and supporting advances in consumer technology doesn't say much about the way the US government is really going to react.

Alcohol was illegal in the U.S., then it was illegal, then the people went apeshit and it became legal again. The way to get support for anything in the U.S. is to get overwhelming support of the people. It can be really difficult to do like the civil rights struggle or gay marriage but it can be done. The last thing you want to focus on is what some two faced double speak politician says about anything because his opinion and actions will spin around like a leaf in a river.

Come on. This is not a court of law, it was a press conference.
BTC is THE virtual currency. It is clear to anyone these days. Let's call a spade a spade here.

The ECB published this: http://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/virtualcurrencyschemes201210en.pdf
It is a paper on Virtual Currencies that is 53 pages long. BTC is mentioned 185 times. Can we accept the The European Central Bank and the American FED are kind of seeing eye to eye? I mean is it fair to think they are mostly talking about Bitcoin? Or maybe they are talking about Amazon Coins?  Grin   Maybe an alternative Cryptocurrency? Litecoin, PPCoin, Huh?

Interesting anecdotal story: I met with an employer today regarding some work in a bank (she is not in that industry) and we got to talking about banking as I had some stock market trading experience on my resume. She goes on to ask me if I am still in the stock market. I said, "No, not really but I am am very interested in crypto currencies". I didn't want to say Bitcoin! eheheh. I wanted to see her reaction to that word. She is clearly not wise in the world of finance or internet. Anyway, she says "Oh, like Bitcoin?" and I just started laughing. Also was funny in that the moment I got a call from her last week or so, I was on my Computer and mentioned to her the Japanese Nikkei is down 7%. Well, meeting her today, when we got to talking about banking, I noted to her that it was down again by 5%". During my interview I spoke half about Bitcoin - because she was interested. She ended up maybe wanting to buy some. I have talked about Bitcoin to a few customers and one has already bought and a few others are thinking about it. Spread the word...

I then showed her what I carry around in my wallet, which I will be sure to use at the bank I will be doing some PT work at. It will make for great conversation, I promise - Get yourself one (They are also great gifts given along side a BTC paper wallet):

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:13:20 PM

That's exactly who you want to be interested in it and who you can trust to be honest about their belief. You want the average citizen not the government workers that lie to the citizenry daily to serve their needs.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:24:26 PM

Gotta love "It's about sharing". I'm feeling you, bro!  Wink

And I gotta say that I had pretty much the same experiences you are describing with many of my acquaintances. Give them some time, and you will see how they start flooding you with money to buy them BTC. I bet your lady friend it's going good to be the first one. 

foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:53:00 AM

In the future...pick a covenant and stick with it.  You're quoting from two different covenants as if they are one and the same.  You are either under the law or under Grace, but not both.  

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

- Mathew 5:17

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: