Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥LANGPIE🔥 SCAM!!!  (Read 11455 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
informed xin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:54:44 AM

We will keep this community informed over the next weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rabidri

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:45:52 AM

What about lacocalization? Is this project available only in English?
What do you mean? Huh
I mean the Whitepeper, the site, etc. Is this available only in English?

Hello Smiley I submitted couple of days ago a french translation of their WP. I think it's still under review.
If I've been asked to translate in french, i guess the WP at least will be translated into other languages.

Their pre-ICO starts in 8h from now, I guess they have priorities Smiley
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:53:41 PM

blockchain translation is cool idea.No we can get rid of silly google translation and its funny results Grin

jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:36:46 PM

If this apps launched in a successful manner , we can get rid of language barriers. We have the ease of understanding each other specially traveling to different places .
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:30:03 AM

Interesting as it may seem. Like the concept however I have few questions for you guys-

1) Are we paying the interpreters too via LGP when they signup or they receive payment only from the customers?
2) Does the payment have immediately? I believe yes, as the system is based off of blockchain.
3) What happens where there is a dispute between two parties?
wiak2

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:54:20 AM

Can I talk a little about this project? Thank you. I really was waiting for the start of pre-ICO for several reasons. First of all, this is really a breakthrough. You will say: "No, it's a step back, use live translators where automation is needed." Well, maybe you would be right. But no software can provide the correct translation. Yes, with English translations the program still manages. But other languages? Pfff ... Then this is a great opportunity to earn money for translators. God knows, colleges produce translators more than the market needs. Langpai gives people the opportunity to earn by profession. And that means a lot.
I completely agree! Many translators have nowhere to go to work after training, and they are desperately looking for part-time work on mediator sites. This service allows you to realize yourself and earn what you like to do!
The only problem is that at the moment the service does not offer what I would like to see! For example, it would be nice to have the possibility of charging not only on time! Or have some discounts or something like that. Ability to translate documentation!
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:28:48 AM

Can I talk a little about this project? Thank you. I really was waiting for the start of pre-ICO for several reasons. First of all, this is really a breakthrough. You will say: "No, it's a step back, use live translators where automation is needed." Well, maybe you would be right. But no software can provide the correct translation. Yes, with English translations the program still manages. But other languages? Pfff ... Then this is a great opportunity to earn money for translators. God knows, colleges produce translators more than the market needs. Langpai gives people the opportunity to earn by profession. And that means a lot.
I completely agree! Many translators have nowhere to go to work after training, and they are desperately looking for part-time work on mediator sites. This service allows you to realize yourself and earn what you like to do!
The only problem is that at the moment the service does not offer what I would like to see! For example, it would be nice to have the possibility of charging not only on time! Or have some discounts or something like that. Ability to translate documentation!

May be. It seems to me that in this case it is best to cover the entire range of services of an interpreter, and not some part of it
That's exactly what I'm saying, is not it?
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:45:03 AM

But what about payment? They offer the same payment to different translators, but it's wrong! After all, there are popular languages, and there are less popular ones. I mean, some translators will definitely be more than others. Accordingly, their work must be paid in different ways!
In whitepaper the approximate prices are indicated, the translator himself will be able to change the prices as he likes!

Oh no, that would be a fatal mistake. I believe that it would be best to offer translators a fixed fee, depending on their preparation.
Of course, the level of training should influence the price. But what about translators who know rare languages? I can find many people who will help me translate from English into French, but ... If I need to translate from French to Swahili? Such people should get more, do not they?
Lol. Do you really think that such a specific translation will be very popular? The more popular the direction of translation - the more translators are needed. and vice versa. I think that the payment should be the same in this case.
BTCdude007

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:47:56 AM

It seems to me that the need to use an interpreter in real time is too exaggerated. On vacation in another country I have an interpreter in offline mode to spill a couple of phrases with someone.
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:56:52 AM

By the way, no one can tell me what about the profit? Is this industry so developed? I myself am not very good at this

I think, with this I can help. For this you need only to count a little. The tourism industry, as we know, is a key sector for many states. Last year, as far as I know, according to the UNWTO report, more than 1.2 billion tourists were recorded all over the world. Just think about - every sixth person on the planet was a tourist. Now about migration. In 2016, more than 5 million people emigrated only to the developed countries of the first world, like Canada, the United States and Great Britain. It seems to me that $ 40 billion is a significant understatement of the current earnings of translators. To this it should be added that these are only official figures, here freelancers are not taken into account. Namely, with them Langpie will work
Suppose for me as a freelancer this service is of interest, but what about the payment? What will I get for my work? Tokens? Crypto-coins? If there is no convenient way to withdraw money to Fiat, then I do not think that the service will be popular!
And what's the problem of exchanging tokens or an etherium (or any crypto currency) in fiat money? It's not that hard.
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:12:58 AM

By the way, no one can tell me what about the profit? Is this industry so developed? I myself am not very good at this

I think, with this I can help. For this you need only to count a little. The tourism industry, as we know, is a key sector for many states. Last year, as far as I know, according to the UNWTO report, more than 1.2 billion tourists were recorded all over the world. Just think about - every sixth person on the planet was a tourist. Now about migration. In 2016, more than 5 million people emigrated only to the developed countries of the first world, like Canada, the United States and Great Britain. It seems to me that $ 40 billion is a significant understatement of the current earnings of translators. To this it should be added that these are only official figures, here freelancers are not taken into account. Namely, with them Langpie will work
Suppose for me as a freelancer this service is of interest, but what about the payment? What will I get for my work? Tokens? Crypto-coins? If there is no convenient way to withdraw money to Fiat, then I do not think that the service will be popular!
And what's the problem of exchanging tokens or an etherium (or any crypto currency) in fiat money? It's not that hard.
I want to see a ready solution. To make everything simple and convenient. And even more so as my income will be taxed? Will I have problems with the law?
And what problems with the law can you have, if you just use the application?
BTCdude007

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:22:40 AM

It seems to me that the need to use an interpreter in real time is too exaggerated. On vacation in another country I have an interpreter in offline mode to spill a couple of phrases with someone.
You are considering only one scenario of use, but what if at a business meeting with people from another country?
To do this, I just hire a real translator and come to a meeting with him, is not it?
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:26:12 AM

You are considering only one scenario of use, but what if at a business meeting with people from another country?
To do this, I just hire a real translator and come to a meeting with him, is not it?
And how will you do it if you are in another country? It's much easier when you have everything in quick access in your phone.
jaychoi

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:29:32 AM

I think this is necessary item for all ICO.
Actually each foreign country's ICO needs translation of language everytime
BTCdude007

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:41:15 AM

And how will you do it if you are in another country? It's much easier when you have everything in quick access in your phone.
To use this service I need a good connection to the Internet, if I in another country can not have the Internet.
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:44:11 AM

To use this service I need a good connection to the Internet, if I in another country can not have the Internet.
You can always find a public network of Wi-Fi. This is not such a big problem!
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:45:30 AM

It will be very convenient to use this service at conferences where representatives from different countries communicate. This will make a step forward to overcome the language barrier!
BTCdude007

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:59:17 AM

I have long thought about the convenience of this system. The point is that without connecting to the Internet, Langpai is completely useless. Yes, you can say that now the Internet is in all the big and small cities of any country. But what about quality? As far as I know, in New York on the street it is not possible to conduct even a live broadcast in the Instagram. This is a serious obstacle for such a service. He will not touch the interpreter, because he will be at home. However, this can damage the client.
That's exactly what I'm talking about!
BTCdude007

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:07:44 AM

I have long thought about the convenience of this system. The point is that without connecting to the Internet, Langpai is completely useless. Yes, you can say that now the Internet is in all the big and small cities of any country. But what about quality? As far as I know, in New York on the street it is not possible to conduct even a live broadcast in the Instagram. This is a serious obstacle for such a service. He will not touch the interpreter, because he will be at home. However, this can damage the client.
Of course, there is such a problem, but it does not concern this project! This project is about the simplicity of communication with a person speaking a different language. This is not a project that solves the problems with network load.
But after all the functionality of this platform is based on this. If the connection is suddenly disconnected due to network problems, the service will not be fully rendered. But the payment will be written off. How do you like this option?
wiak2

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:10:31 AM

It will be very convenient to use this service at conferences where representatives from different countries communicate. This will make a step forward to overcome the language barrier!
Perhaps, but it is not yet clear how this can be technically realized. So far I see work one on one. None of the conference calls and other developers have not announced.
I think you want too much from the project, which is at the initial stage. Naturally, the functional will be expanded in the future, at the moment it is necessary to collect the necessary investments and start the project!
And I believe that the project is not well thought out and is not written down to the end and it's too early to invest in it! If we could offer such things on an ordinary forum, what did they think during brainstorming sessions while writing this project?
Is not this the advantage of ICO projects? All aspects can be discussed at the earliest stages of the project. Developers can listen to future users and investors. You can create a really valuable and necessary product!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: