Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crypto hedge fund?  (Read 385 times)
btcgreg (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:29:55 PM

what do you guys think about this: www.tensorbox.com

Huh
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wyre08

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:38:54 PM

First off I don't know anything about these guys so this is purely my opinion. No insider/any knowledge to back this up. And wait for the white paper, but stuff like the following quote usually scares me. "Our current returns are over 25% per month." If it's too good to be true it usually is.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:53:05 AM

Thank you for sharing this. Its very interesting and I subscribed to it. True or not I believe I can learn something. It does have a few things that concern me.

First off I don't know anything about these guys so this is purely my opinion. No insider/any knowledge to back this up. And wait for the white paper, but stuff like the following quote usually scares me. "Our current returns are over 25% per month." If it's too good to be true it usually is.

Nope its not just your opinion and this is also one of the things that I have reason for concern. This was my first consern when I saw this statement. "invest In Strategies That Pofit In Both Bearish And Bullish Markets Without Major Drawdowns" the past where they claim there will not be major draw backs but later on in a out the middle of the article it says that it is possible you can lose money. Why can't they just be honest ?

I agree with you 25% sounds like nonesense. It is possible but that's for individuals making investments and not for a group asking us for investments. People that can make 25% per month will not share that Info and the 25% would be capped because you not investing everything you have.
TensorBox

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:07:31 PM

Hello, George from TensorBox here.

Thanks for sharing your concerns here. I was going to post a new thread announcing our ITO so I welcome everyone to ask any questions there.

Firstly, 25% is, as you have pointed out, is an exceptional result. We're not expecting to show this kind of results each month of course and we're not promising this kind of results of course. What we promise is that our results will not be correlated with the market performance. So if prices fall - we profit, if prices rise - we profit, if markets stay calm - we probably don't trade much. As you can see on our main page, there was 18% spread between BTC exchange rate on 2 exchanges at some point in time. So anyone lucky enough could've made that 18% "risk-free" profit in just 1 trade. Did we make 18% on that trade? Nope, we've made much less, because that was not truly "risk-free", and I'll get back to that later. We've been testing our ideas for about 2 months and 2 big things happened during that time: the bitcoin fork and ban of ICOs and Chinese exchanges. We've made the bulk of our profits around these events (without any losing days btw!). Will something like that happen in future - we don't know. But basically, every market shock is good for us. And you know, there's saying that timid salesmen have skinny kids..So since we've had nice profit we've decided to mention that Smiley

Some token funds show much better performance, I think I've heard of a quite big fund that's up >400% for the year. Since crypto markets are red hot now, people who buy and hold may get exceptional returns. Or they may not. Let me stress that again, our goal is not to show an insane profit, our goal is to show a stable profit each month, regardless of market direction. If cryptocurrencies keep growing like they are now, we won't be able to beat token funds by performance. But that is not our goal. If something bad happens on the market, all coins will fall, they are all too correlated with each other. So for someone who holds cryptocurrencies or invests in a token fund, it will be a smart idea to hedge some of their capital with us.

As for the risk. Trading is risky. Trading cryptocurrencies is very risky. It is always possible to lose all of your money. Our strategies are not risk-free. We do remove market risk, however. But there are other forms of risk: exchanges may shut down or get hacked (we spread our capital across many exchanges and we only trade on the biggest/most liquid exchanges and give preference to exchanges that give some sort of guarantees, like Japanese exchanges); there may be technical issues with the exchanges and our orders are not executed (but we have systems to prevent that) or we may take enormous leveraged position and be forced to close it by a margin call, leaving some unhedged market exposure, but that is what's risk management for - we were never even close to a situation like that, even during the shockwaves coming from China.

tl;dr: 25% was an exceptional result due to big shocks on the market and is not indicative of future results. Trading is very risky and you can lose all your money. Our strategies are not completely risk-free, however, we do remove market risk. So whether markets move up or down - we profit. If they don't move -we don't trade much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: