Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 02:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [pre-ANN] Etherpass — the most trusted password manager  (Read 1156 times)
Cryptotina

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:44:21 PM

"Ok, I have been using some (password manager) tool for a long time and I actually trust it! But what will happen if it will outage or the team decides to no longer maintain the project?"

That's really possible to happen. So that's the challenge.
Sometimes it's too difficult to trust your passwords to anyone else.
And of course, this one is also prone to cyber attacks. We can't say that it's not.
This is an interesting challenge. Looking forward to how the team addresses this challenge
etherpass (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:43:47 PM

And of course, this one is also prone to cyber attacks. We can't say that it's not.

Do you imply some Ethereum-level vulnerabilities or private encryption flaws when talking about potential cyber attacks?
etherpass (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

"Ok, I have been using some (password manager) tool for a long time and I actually trust it! But what will happen if it will outage or the team decides to no longer maintain the project?"

That's really possible to happen. So that's the challenge.
Sometimes it's too difficult to trust your passwords to anyone else.
This is an interesting challenge. Looking forward to how the team addresses this challenge

Etherpass provides several methods to retrieve stored data regardless of service availability:
1) Etherpass has an "offline" mode, which uses special software addons to emulate Etherpass server on a user's personal machine, which has same capabilities as a remote one.
2) Advanced users can retrieve their data from own or a public Ethereum node with all the encryption metadata.
etherpass (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:41:37 PM

Maybe a good project ...

... but I do not trust passwort managers generally till now ...  Grin

The core idea of Etherpass is not to reinvent a password storage as an utility concept. We are focusing on innovating the way resilience, scale and reliability are implemented within such services.
Also you should definitely try to use a password manager - it's a huge productivity boost and sometimes a life saver! Smiley
msemenov

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:00:41 PM

I use Trezor's pass manager, it's not really well-made and lacks functionality, but at least I do not need to generate and store master passwords.

Hope your project will go live, we all lack good pass managers on the blockchain.
etherpass (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:32:26 PM

I use Trezor's pass manager, it's not really well-made and lacks functionality, but at least I do not need to generate and store master passwords.

Hope your project will go live, we all lack good pass managers on the blockchain.

Thanks, appreciate your feedback.
We'll do our best!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: