Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:25:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early bitcoin investor explains what's driving the ICO craze  (Read 245 times)
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 12:40:11 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/initial-coin-offerings-rafael-corrales-crv-why-icos-are-hot.html

"Charles River Ventures' Rafael Corrales, an early investor in Blockchain, a bitcoin wallet maker with $70 million in funding, narrowed it down to three main drivers:"

• "First platform shift in many years"
  • "Not many entrenched competitors"
  • "Democratization of financing"

What do you think are the drivers?

jnow

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:47:34 AM

The hope for quick profit and greed. That simple.

staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:48:01 AM

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/20/initial-coin-offerings-rafael-corrales-crv-why-icos-are-hot.html

"Charles River Ventures' Rafael Corrales, an early investor in Blockchain, a bitcoin wallet maker with $70 million in funding, narrowed it down to three main drivers:"

Those all seems like good reasons as to why ICO craze is going on. I have but just one reason as to what is happening here and it is :

GREED

People just want a quick easy buck and they think ICO is the way. Oh how wrong they are and dont even know it

DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:06:08 AM

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/20/initial-coin-offerings-rafael-corrales-crv-why-icos-are-hot.html

Those all seems like good reasons as to why ICO craze is going on. I have but just one reason as to what is happening here and it is :

GREED

People just want a quick easy buck and they think ICO is the way. Oh how wrong they are and dont even know it

I saw a chart with 10 projects that compare the ICO price, and the price today
a lot of ICO's go higher by x60 x80 x100 and more...

AtillaL

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:22:40 AM

Well while many are so damn negative and only see greed, I chose to see and call it opportunity...This is all quite very new and while many "bad" projects and people could be inundating the market, there ALSO are many quality ones (projects and people).

I remember when media was bad mouthing bitcoin when silkroad went down and how crypto world was viewed as seedy, greedy and criminal. But the label didn't fit them all, just like the greedy label doesn't fit all ICO's.

It's not wrong to want to make money. Sure, it's very wrong and disgraceful to want to make money by lying and cheating people but none of these low schemes would have ANY chance if people would take some due diligence and never throw money they aren't comfortable losing.

Us as consumers need to understand the risks and us the consumers should dictate what makes it or not with intelligent and assumed choices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: