Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:23:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: D3s randomly going into fault mode?  (Read 2416 times)
UnknownBTC (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:30:06 PM

I've been mining for a couple days already i have about 10 D3s running at the moment and i can't cerrainly say how often it happens because i haven't been monitoring them long enough but they'll go into fault mode (red led blinking) if i check the status 1 or 2 hasboards will show xxxxxx after a while will come back to the normal status if anyone is mining right now are youe miners doing the same?

That could be also a fault PSU, try to switch PSU's from a working one to that one and try it again.

I know thats what the troubleshooting says but i have 14 and they all do the same lol

If you have 14 and they're all doiing the same, must be something with your setup.  Did you figure it out?

I have 7 L3+ and they all doing alright i don't think there is nothing wrong with my setup there's gotta be something wrong with the miners

My custom wallet: 1LearBTCNt5HnruJFdPHH1VAYDKtnTbDYR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justinjja

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:02:06 PM

I lost a hash board a couple times on one of my L3+'s and 2 of my D3s
In my case I just reboot and it comes back.

I'm also using a powerline network adapter.
geohannibal

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:56:51 PM

I'm having the same issue and all of my friends as well. Reboot helps but this should not be happening at all. Wrote to Bitmain. This is the response from them:

Dear XXXXXX,

Please try reloading the firmware:

https://s3.cn-north-1.amazonaws.com.cn/shop-bitmain/download/Antminer-D3-201709131713-0M.tar.gz

Run the miner for 20 minutes after loading.

If it still does not work please test each hash board separately to determine which one is defective.

To test each hash board separately: keep the PSU connectors and controller cable on one of the hash boards connected and disconnect the cables from the other two hash boards. With the miner running you can see the status of the connected hash board.

Here is more detail: http://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/226142788-Testing-hash-board-one-by-one

On the miner status screen defective chips are displayed as "xxx", "---" or " ASIC≠72

Once you know which part is defective please create a Repair ticket and ship the part back to us according to these instructions: https://shop.bitmain.com/workOrderGuide.htm

http://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/222648028-How-to-disassemble-miners

Please pack the hash boards carefully. If the PINs are lost due to shipping damage it will void the warranty. Here is a video demonstrating how to pack the boards: https://youtu.be/Z0LdykALhxI

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Barbara
Bitmain

I haven't upgraded the firmware yet, waiting if the problem will come back.
Raei

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:07:39 PM

I have the same problem. I have 4 Antminer D3. 1 is working for 5 days without problems. The other D3 have every 1-2 days hashboad fails xxxxxxxxx.
Can someone help me??
r0mro

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:35:57 AM

I have the same problem. I have 4 Antminer D3. 1 is working for 5 days without problems. The other D3 have every 1-2 days hashboad fails xxxxxxxxx.
Can someone help me??

same here Sad
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 01:50:44 AM

This will fix the problem:
1. Flash to lastest firmware
2. Set the fan speed to 100%
3. Set the frequency to 419

The above settings work for me and made the miner stable
therealfalcon

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:38:24 PM

any solution to this?

Johninthai

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:25:35 AM

any solution to this?

Read the post above yours !!
tperalta82

Activity: 174

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:13:53 AM

WRote a small script in php to check your D3's and reboot them automatically in case an hashboard has errors

https://gist.github.com/tperalta82/6e11253cd4b9cf9c5c6fa15bbf046d4f

put this in a linux server as a cronjob, change the $hosts array, to add your hosts.

There are 3 different methods to call reboot on the miner, personally, the wget one is better for me, because it runs everywhere (embedded devices)
Had an issue with curl, seems to fail to authetnicate on some weird cases
and ssh lib is not present everywhere.

Read the code first, understand it, redistribute it, improve it, do whatever you want with it.

P.S.: it works for me
davemanet

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:06:55 AM

This will fix the problem:
1. Flash to lastest firmware
2. Set the fan speed to 100%
3. Set the frequency to 419

The above settings work for me and made the miner stable

Does this affect hash rate?

Can others confirm it's working?
attakorn

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

I also got this but only for two times in one month. When it happened I noticed that my priority 1 mining pool’s server went from alive to dead. A reboot solved the issue (miner resumed mining on priority 2 server and when server 1 came back alive, it switched to that fine with no problems). I think it may be to do with the firmware not coping with a server going down and switching to priority 2 server.

The first time it happened I was on the default firmware for the mid-Sept batch (17.5GH) and the second just happened yesterday and I am on the 20th Nov 2017 firmware (latest version at time of posting).
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:41:24 AM

I've been mining for a couple days already i have about 10 D3s running at the moment and i can't cerrainly say how often it happens because i haven't been monitoring them long enough but they'll go into fault mode (red led blinking) if i check the status 1 or 2 hasboards will show xxxxxx after a while will come back to the normal status if anyone is mining right now are youe miners doing the same?

That could be also a fault PSU, try to switch PSU's from a working one to that one and try it again.

I know thats what the troubleshooting says but i have 14 and they all do the same lol

If you have 14 and they're all doiing the same, must be something with your setup.  Did you figure it out?

I have 7 L3+ and they all doing alright i don't think there is nothing wrong with my setup there's gotta be something wrong with the miners

what brand switch are they connected to? if its anything with link in the name id change that out pronto

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: