Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:02:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCribs - a decentralized AirBnB  (Read 975 times)
CryptoCribs (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:40:47 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 02:10:27 AM by CryptoCribs

Hey everyone. We are launching a cryptoBnB, www.cryptocribs.com, which aims to ultimately fully decentralize short-term rentals. Guests and hosts can only pay in crypto currencies and the fees are half of the AirBnB fees. However, more importantly, guests and hosts can "mine" reputation and their fees get reduced with every booking and positive review until the fees are at zero. Check out the site (http://www.cryptocribs.com) and the whitepaper (http://www.cryptocribs.com/images/whitepaper.pdf) and let us know what you think. This is not an ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:44:03 AM

Could you kindly explain what the purpose of decentralisation of such platform? In my understanding. AIRBnB is already decentralized. I did not see value of your project. But I see that users could have some problems due lack of users support of decentralisation. I think value of product should be explained more wide and accutate.

Good luck
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:56:29 AM

Could you kindly explain what the purpose of decentralisation of such platform? In my understanding. AIRBnB is already decentralized. I did not see value of your project. But I see that users could have some problems due lack of users support of decentralisation. I think value of product should be explained more wide and accutate.

Good luck
You should read their whitepaper, it pretty much answers all of your questions. Their system would allow you to send payments directly to the people renting out the housing, rather than through intermediaries like AirBnB does.

From the whitepaper:
A purely peer-to-peer electronic short-term rental system would allow rental
payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through
financial and reputational intermediaries like AirBnB. We want to provide a
peer-to-peer solution to the trust problem inherent with renting out apartments
to strangers around the world.

How is AirBnb decentralized in your opinion btw?

CryptoCribs (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:48:52 PM

Thank you @eternalgloom, I think I couldn't have answered that any better. There is lots to say, I tried to put most of of it into the whitepaper. Another important quote from the whitepaper for anyone thinking that AirBnB is a decentralized solution is this:

The original purpose of the web and the internet, if you recall, was to build a common neutral network for everyone to participate in, equally and for the betterment of society. So what happened to this initial dream of the world wide web? Well, people soon realized that an easy way to create value on top of this neutral fabric was to build centralized services which gather, trap and monetize information. As a result, the internet, as we know it today is dominated by a number of large data silos. Search engines (e.g. Google), social networks (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), app stores (e.g. Apple) have helped to create powerful companies which provide centralized services and have set up walled gardens.
In that respect, AirBnB is no different. While AirBnB publicly broadcasts the trust data from its millions of users, it silos the contact information to prevent users from circumventing the platform as a central node. When guests message each other to exchange contact details to make direct payments, AirBnB edits out telephone numbers and email addresses. Rather than embracing the fact that its trust system would work autonomously and giving community members the freedom to transact however they wish, AirBnB chooses to exert its central platform authority. However, censorship has never worked for long and the company is thereby setting itself up for disruption.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:22:41 PM

I would recommend you also to show the fiat amount of prices or add some kind of a crypto calculator to your website. I'm not sure if it can "promote" bitcoin but it significantly simplify the renting process for those who is getting payed in crypto (like some part of bitcointalk users).
CryptoCribs (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:41:44 PM

There is a currency switch where you can show prices in fiat on the left side at the bottom. Prices are regularly updated through an API.
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:56:08 PM

what is distribution coin if without ico
full pow or Pos coin, if youre coin is ready launch, is good you can create thread in announcement section too

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:53:03 PM

Hey everyone. We are launching a cryptoBnB, www.cryptocribs.com, which aims to ultimately fully decentralize short-term rentals. Guests and hosts can only pay in crypto currencies and the fees are half of the AirBnB fees. However, more importantly, guests and hosts can "mine" reputation and their fees get reduced with every booking and positive review until the fees are at zero. Check out the site (http://www.cryptocribs.com) and the whitepaper (http://www.cryptocribs.com/images/whitepaper.pdf) and let us know what you think. This is not an ICO.
Very creative !
How are you going to make profits if you keep reducing the rentals for a trusted customer ? Excuse me if that sounds lame I'm yet to go through the white-paper.Quick searching my city didn't show any hotel rentals near my place and it's understandable since the project is in it's early stages.Watching how things unfold here.
naK2

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:00:43 AM

Listing my place now (already on Airbnb) - first in my country.

BTW - With that font the website will never go mainstream.
NAZVR

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:30:40 PM

This is a fantastic Idea! AirBnb is certainly centralized even though some of think of it as a decentralized market.

It is a centrally run, P2P marketplace. After "hosting" several AirBnb properties professionally (also on other vacation rental marketplaces) I can attest to the fact the AirBnb has massive power, terrible customer service, and holds users hostage more or less. They have so many users and market share that you have to list on AirBnb in certain markets for certain properties.

Airbnb has bogus host guarantees and gives credence to lies from almost any guest if they know what to say. Getting through to a decision maker or manager at AirBnb is pretty much impossible. If you have a problem, you are pretty much fucked as a low level AirBnb employee will decide what ever they want to in a dispute to just move on to the next resolution case they have. That is if you can figure out how to directly get someone on the phone in the first place. They dont make it easy, you have to dig to get the customer service numbers.

You are forced to put up with BS from AirBnb and take losses from time to time because of AirBnb's crap. They are too big, you just have to bend over and take it from them.

I have used AirBnb and other sites like VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor Vacation rentals etc. as a paying guest and also as professional host (property owner and property manager). I have hosted close 300 different parties of people through properties in the last several months. Dealing with AirBnb is an absolute necessary evil. I cant wait for the day I can bypass these mother fuckers. In the mean time I will take their shit, because overall it a cost of business dealing with their shit.

I think decentralized networks will eventually crush companies like AirBnb, Uber, etc. They have been major disruptors, but I think their success will be short lived if these markets can ever actually be fully decentralized.
Charles T.

Activity: 173
Merit: 101

PR Manager at Crypto Economy

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:13:03 AM

What is Cryptocribs?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       Cryptocurrency News at Crypto Economy       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬      News    ●    Mining Profitability Calculator    ●    Countdown Calendar    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter       ▬▬▬
d1337r

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:27:55 AM

What's your relation with this company? https://www.immorate.ch/crew.html#
CryptoCribs (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:41:43 PM

Immorate is a big data webapp we developed for the Swiss real estate market to help people find affordable housing in the heated Swiss property market. it's not a company
DarkGoddess

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Stars can't shine without darkness.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:49:07 PM

Not enough detail to make a judgement now, hopefully dev will post more in future.

I Would Rather Get Lost By Making My Way Than Following One's Path And Lose Myself.
CryptoCribs (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:01:36 PM

Hey Charles, thank you for this cool article, I only just saw this today.
Fadilis

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:10:25 PM

Creative idea,
but no enough informations, hope to see more from you!
GaPR

Activity: 353
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:35:53 AM

This is a fantastic Idea! AirBnb is certainly centralized even though some of think of it as a decentralized market.

It is a centrally run, P2P marketplace. After "hosting" several AirBnb properties professionally (also on other vacation rental marketplaces) I can attest to the fact the AirBnb has massive power, terrible customer service, and holds users hostage more or less. They have so many users and market share that you have to list on AirBnb in certain markets for certain properties.

Airbnb has bogus host guarantees and gives credence to lies from almost any guest if they know what to say. Getting through to a decision maker or manager at AirBnb is pretty much impossible. If you have a problem, you are pretty much fucked as a low level AirBnb employee will decide what ever they want to in a dispute to just move on to the next resolution case they have. That is if you can figure out how to directly get someone on the phone in the first place. They dont make it easy, you have to dig to get the customer service numbers.

You are forced to put up with BS from AirBnb and take losses from time to time because of AirBnb's crap. They are too big, you just have to bend over and take it from them.

I have used AirBnb and other sites like VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor Vacation rentals etc. as a paying guest and also as professional host (property owner and property manager). I have hosted close 300 different parties of people through properties in the last several months. Dealing with AirBnb is an absolute necessary evil. I cant wait for the day I can bypass these mother fuckers. In the mean time I will take their shit, because overall it a cost of business dealing with their shit.

I think decentralized networks will eventually crush companies like AirBnb, Uber, etc. They have been major disruptors, but I think their success will be short lived if these markets can ever actually be fully decentralized.
                                          Do you have anything to say to this guy?

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
GaPR

Activity: 353
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:44:22 AM

Я мeнeджep ceти xocтeлoв Mocквы, и я гoтoв cдaвaть этo жильe зa кpиптoвaлютy, вceм дoбpoпopядoчным тypиcтaм .

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:20:29 AM

Nice idea man. I just visited your site and it is amazing that my country has been added. Maybe, you need to add more location and new cribs to rent.

gyrusdentatus

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:23:18 AM

I have had this idea as well some time ago. You need to make the web design better to make it somewhere. Calendars are not working on many listings. Are the reviews even real?

Wish you good luck, but you got a lot of work to do and so far nothing has changed since October Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: