Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:56:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Difficulty  (Read 320 times)
ascopel (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:49:41 AM

I have been following Bitcoin for many years yet I have not been very active in the discussion boards.  Call me naive but why cannot Bitcoin have realtime difficulty adjustments to keep blocks found around 10 mins per or at least a difficulty adjustment per block created (so roughly every 10 mins the difficulty is adjusted)?
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:09:23 AM

on distributed network 10 minutes is pretty hard target

Patent1number: ****-****
Farhan25

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:18:57 AM

First I did no know about bitcoin at all...I have some apps by which I can earn bitcoin..it was difficult for me without knowing  anything...
Andre_Goldman

Property1of1OU

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:21:39 AM

First I did no know about bitcoin at all...I have some apps by which I can earn bitcoin..it was difficult for me without knowing  anything...

bit what like ]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad

in clock ?

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:23:28 AM

Network hashrate is a statistical phenomena that only can be computed over time. You cannot measure it directly because you have no idea that anybody is mining until somebody finds a block. To adjust the difficulty you need to know the hashrate, which means that you need to measure the number of blocks solved over some period of time.
Andre_Goldman

Property1of1OU

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:30:14 AM

Network hashrate is a statistical phenomena that only can be computed over time. You cannot measure it directly because you have no idea that anybody is mining until somebody finds a block. To adjust the difficulty you need to know the hashrate, which means that you need to measure the number of blocks solved over some period of time.

people p2

toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:32:12 AM

When I knew bitcoin, I felt it was complicated and difficult to use. The first time I was really depressed and did not use it anymore but gradually got friends help, I knew more about it.

How is this related to OP's question regarding block difficulty?

Anyway, network hashes vary greatly which can be caused by many things, for example as prices change people may migrate to another coin to mine which would affect total hash-rate. It is very difficult to predict and adjust realtime, and by using historical data you could only guess these conditions.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Andre_Goldman

Property1of1OU

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:34:29 AM

When I knew bitcoin, I felt it was complicated and difficult to use. The first time I was really depressed and did not use it anymore but gradually got friends help, I knew more about it.

How is this related to OP's question regarding block difficulty?

Anyway, network hashes vary greatly which can be caused by many things, for example as prices change people may migrate to another coin to mine which would affect total hash-rate. It is very difficult to predict and adjust realtime, and by using historical data you could only guess these conditions.

the difficult for me is that people is hard to predict

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: