Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 06:17:01 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMOS - Light Weight Linux Base ETH Mining OS - Optimal for Nvidia GPU V2.0  (Read 21519 times)
overcool (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:20:51 AM

Current version of XMOS also can also mine with AMD GPU, AMDpro drive 17.30 already installed, but don't have overclock funtion. All watchdog function was running fine. For AMD GPU, Currently I am using Polarisbios edition to put all the stable setting in, and flash it to the AMD card. It will run direct to that setting, no need to overclock with software any more. Tested on RX470 with core 1250, and memory 2100, it running on 97watt stable with 27MHs.

Hi dev,
Need your clarification before trying. I have rx470 rig which overclocked using bios editor, etc under windows. Before using xmos, do i have to restore the overclock into default?

What about that setting 1250 and 2100, will it be ok on my gpu? I haven't tried to use that timing before, have no idea whether my gpus are capable at that.

One more thing, will it be oke to use mix gpu rig, amd and nvidia? Afaik, ethminer is not working on my mix gpu using -X option, but cmiiw.

Thanks & regards.

Hi jthor,

For AMD GPU that flash with custom bios it can run direct with XMOS, no need to flash back the Default Bios.

For Overclock site, all GPU is diffident, please use back your most stable Overclock Setting will do.

For MIX GPU issue, I am trying my best to make it work. Please wait for next release, I already got a idea how to make it work now.
Because XMOS is running multi instance of Ethminer, it can run cuda and opencl together. 

If you have time, can give me output for this command when running XMOS with AMD GPU and Nvidia togather.

~/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/ethminer -G --list-devices | grep "Ellesmere\|Vega\|Radeon\|Baffin\|Eclipse\|Nova\|Lexa\|Fiji\|Vesuvius\|Hawaii\|Tonga" | awk '{print $2}' | tr -d '[' | tr -d ']'

TQ very much.

Happy Mining. .. ^_^

overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:33:47 AM

Dev,

why there is no reported hash rate on my pool stat?
the miner has been running for 15hours.

#192.168.0.62 [15.12Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
CPU TEMP:- 37
System Uptime:- 15 hours, 0 minutes
GPUS Installed:- 1 Pcs
name, power.draw [W], fan.speed [%], temperature.gpu, clocks.current.video [MHz], clocks.current.memory [MHz]
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 64.32 W, 85 %, 59, 1493 MHz, 4353 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [15.12Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

[ XMOSambro Uptime: 15h,7m 15.17Mh/s #Miner:1 ] [  0$ top  1$ Miner  2$ Admin  3

https://image.ibb.co/iTenG5/xmos_03.png

Hi goen,

For Hash rate reported function it was disable by default on Ethminer, But it can be enable by request. I will add in this option on next release.
Another tips is:- Most of the people find out "Disable Hash rate reported function" accuracy can get "more share" on pool, because pool no need to know your hash rate.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1809307.0

Happy Mining ^_^
goen

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:41:42 AM

Got it.
Thanks for the prompt reply overcool..
zxcoiu

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:13:45 AM

github ready so I can give it a try ?
overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:30:11 AM

github ready so I can give it a try ?

Hi zxcoiu,

Still no time for github, but you can download the image to try it up.

Bigf00t

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:18:11 PM

Hi overcool, did you read my questions and suggestions from last night?

After one night of testing I've got a lot of stale shares (about 11%). Normally it's about 2% or less. I've already tried auto and Gen1 settings on my motherboard. Now testing with Gen2.
overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:35:26 PM

Hi Bigf00t,

Thank You for give me a try.
Hope you will like the watchdog function and "un-died" future on XMOS.    Grin
for AMD GPU  overclock and under-volt support will be include in next release.

Happy Mining...

I like this software, but I think it will need some small improvements. It's very easy to setup and is booting super fast.

I have a few questions:
- Is it possible to make an option in the config to auto enable the screen after booting (instead of control + alt + F1)?
- Is there a way to change/set the resolution for the attached screen?
- How do I change the farm-recheck? Maybe it's an idea to add an advance mode in the config for the more experienced users.
- How do I change the overclock delay time? When everything is stable it can directly start after booting. I'd like to see this as an option in the config file too.
- How do I change/overwrite the Ethminer version? I'd like to do some tests with Ethminer 0.12.0rc1.

I hope you keep it clean and simple. Because with this light weight OS you can make the difference comparing to other Linux based OS Smiley

Hi Bigf00t,

so sorry for late replay.

Here the answer for ur question:-
1. For Monitor and resolution issue, that direct connect to the mining ring, it have a way to enable when startup. But need a lot of step to make it work. Can i know why you need this? Connect using putty is simple, right?
2. for setting like "farm-recheck and other" i will include inside the setting files on next release, for temp now you can do like this:-
    a. run "nano /home/prospector/startminer.sh"
    b. find the line with --farm-recheck 2000 and change it to the figure you want.
    c. use Control x follow by "y" to save it. Restart xmos will take effect.

3. Overclock delay timer is inside the contab, by default Overclock will start 5 min after the system boot up. you can use "crontab -e" to edit it. Make sure you know what you do ya.
4. If you want to try other ethminer version, just replace the "ethminer" file at "/home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/" will do. after replace please reboot the system.

If you have a lot stale share, please try disable the stratum proxy. The proxy is not work so well on some Pool. STRATUMPROXY="disable"

Hope i can answer all your question.

Happy Mining... ^_^

Bigf00t

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:05:43 PM

Hi Bigf00t,

1. For Monitor and resolution issue, that direct connect to the mining ring, it have a way to enable when startup. But need a lot of step to make it work. Can i know why you need this? Connect using putty is simple, right?
2. for setting like "farm-recheck and other" i will include inside the setting files on next release, for temp now you can do like this:-

3. Overclock delay timer is inside the contab, by default Overclock will start 5 min after the system boot up. you can use "crontab -e" to edit it. Make sure you know what you do ya.
4. If you want to try other ethminer version, just replace the "ethminer" file at "/home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/" will do. after replace please reboot the system.

If you have a lot stale share, please try disable the stratum proxy. The proxy is not work so well on some Pool. STRATUMPROXY="disable"

Happy Mining... ^_^

1. When it needs a lot of work I think only SSH will be fine.
2. Thank you I will try to change that tonight.
3. Yes I know what I do. I will edit this in the contab.
4. I will try to replace that version.
5. I use the pool etc.ethermine.org and they only support Stratum mode. With other Linux builds and Ethminer it works fine. I will look into the settings.

I'm still a Linux newbie so some things will need some time to figure out. But I like to learn and try Smiley
OverEasy

Activity: 301
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:42:42 PM

Fails...
After 5 mins of Waiting to Raise Networks I get no video.
Miner stops.

This rig works fine on Linux NVoC and on Windows.

I am going to guess that this build does not support WiFi.

Also confused as to why your link to the miner goes to an old Genoil fork miner but your folder structure and even your username is prospector which is a totally different miner with fee's.

overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:13:47 PM

Hi Bigf00t,

Happy Mining... ^_^

1. When it needs a lot of work I think only SSH will be fine.
2. Thank you I will try to change that tonight.
3. Yes I know what I do. I will edit this in the contab.
4. I will try to replace that version.
5. I use the pool etc.ethermine.org and they only support Stratum mode. With other Linux builds and Ethminer it works fine. I will look into the settings.

I'm still a Linux newbie so some things will need some time to figure out. But I like to learn and try Smiley

More info about this:-
Please use STRATUMPROXY="disable" for ethermine.org.
When STRATUMPROXY="enable" it will enable "Stratum mode using Stratum Proxy v0.0.5 by dwarfpool" and disable the built-in Stratum Proxy on "Ethminer"
When STRATUMPROXY="disable" it will disable "Stratum mode using Stratum Proxy v0.0.5 by dwarfpool" and enable the built-in Stratum Proxy on "Ethminer"

please take note...
overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:26:46 PM

Fails...
After 5 mins of Waiting to Raise Networks I get no video.
Miner stops.

This rig works fine on Linux NVoC and on Windows.

I am going to guess that this build does not support WiFi.

Also confused as to why your link to the miner goes to an old Genoil fork miner but your folder structure and even your username is prospector which is a totally different miner with fee's.

Hi OverEasy,

TQ for give me a try,

If you are connected Monitor, Keyboard mouse on the Mining ring, please press "Control + Alt + F1" to enable the the display after boot up.
The best way is using putty to connect it..

i never try using wifi to connect. you can try to login and type "ifconfig -a" at the terminal see got any connection or not.
or Maybe you can give a try to plugin a network cable.

XMOS is come with ethminer that buill by "chfast" with no dev fee.
here the link:- https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer

This login ID is "prospector" because i using "Cyclenerd/ethereum_nvidia_miner" image as a base image.
here the link:- https://github.com/Cyclenerd/ethereum_nvidia_miner

Hope to answer your question..

Happy Mining...
OverEasy

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:11:06 PM

Thanks for clarification.

I cannot use putty because I am not getting a wifi connection.

I have to resolve that first Smiley
Will try the Control + Alt + F1 command in a while

Thx
OverEasy

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:27:07 PM

Ok no internet for WiFi.

You should consider adding that to the build and simple way to configure it.

Many of us have our rigs in different buildings and just use WiFi to the router.

Thanks
Bigf00t

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:43:10 AM

This night I was testing again. What I did:
- I used the command 'nano /home/prospector/startmine.sh' and did some tests with the farm-recheck but I kept it at 2000, it's a good setting.
- With 'crontab -e' I changed the overclock sleep to 70 seconds, now it starts 10 seconds after startmine.sh is launched (because I know my overclock settings are stable).
- I use STRATUMPROXY="disable" and it looks like the high stale shares are gone. Now that I have seen the file startmine.sh I understand better what it does.
- I installed Midnight Commander and copied (overwrite) the ethminer file in the folder '/home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/' but unfortunately it wasn't successful. After this the mining doesn't work anymore, so I have to look later on what's going wrong. Linux + SSH is still new for me so maybe I made a mistake somewhere.

For now I will let it mine for a while on one of my rigs to look if it's stable, but I think it's a nice OS for ETH/ETC.

Also I have to look why Putty doesn't connect. I got the error 'server unexpectedly closed network connection'. With my browser SSH works fine.
overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:03:15 AM

This night I was testing again. What I did:
- I used the command 'nano /home/prospector/startmine.sh' and did some tests with the farm-recheck but I kept it at 2000, it's a good setting.
- With 'crontab -e' I changed the overclock sleep to 70 seconds, now it starts 10 seconds after startmine.sh is launched (because I know my overclock settings are stable).
- I use STRATUMPROXY="disable" and it looks like the high stale shares are gone. Now that I have seen the file startmine.sh I understand better what it does.
- I installed Midnight Commander and copied (overwrite) the ethminer file in the folder '/home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/' but unfortunately it wasn't successful. After this the mining doesn't work anymore, so I have to look later on what's going wrong. Linux + SSH is still new for me so maybe I made a mistake somewhere.

For now I will let it mine for a while on one of my rigs to look if it's stable, but I think it's a nice OS for ETH/ETC.

Also I have to look why Putty doesn't connect. I got the error 'server unexpectedly closed network connection'. With my browser SSH works fine.

Hi Bigf00t,

Look like you have a lot of successful. ^_^

for this:-

You only download the "ethminer" from the website right? not the source code. You using a software to transfer only 1 file "ethminer", not tar or zip format then overwrite the org file right?
if what i say is correct. You have to do this after file transfer:-
sudo chmod +x /home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/ethminer
after that it should be working fine.

overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:13:26 AM

Ok no internet for WiFi.

You should consider adding that to the build and simple way to configure it.

Many of us have our rigs in different buildings and just use WiFi to the router.

Thanks

Hi OverEasy,

Thank You for your replay.

For wifi support it should be no issue for the kernek that install.

If you have time, can help me out to check what s  the output for this command:-

lshw -C network

Happy Mining ^_^
OverEasy

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

I will be attempting to add WiFi support today by editing the /etc/network/interfaces file

I am having a strange issue though.

Whenever I type a dash (-) like for -a I don't get the dash. I get a symbol that looks like its a @ but not quite.

Is this build set for US keyboards?

I can't really continue until I can type all the characters correctly.

Here is the irony- To fix it I think I need this command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" which of course I can't use
overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:46:40 AM

I will be attempting to add WiFi support today by editing the /etc/network/interfaces file

I am having a strange issue though.

Whenever I type a dash (-) like for -a I don't get the dash. I get a symbol that looks like its a @ but not quite.

Is this build set for US keyboards?

I can't really continue until I can type all the characters correctly.

Here is the irony- To fix it I think I need this command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" which of course I can't use

can try Shift + 7 for the "-" key .. 

TQ for try on error...

OverEasy

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:18:05 PM

Ok I figured out all the wrong keys and managed to reconfigure the keyboard for US
Then I edited the interfaces file.
Then rebooted and same 5 minute wait to raise network ans same fail.

I am just not good enough on Linux to resolve this and am losing a lot of hashing trying.
I will leave with one easy solution if you want.
Rebuild this build on 16.04 desktop version. It has all the network manager stuff already built in.
Or rebuild your server version with curses. (not headless but will get the job done)

Good luck with your project. Hope you add some WiFi support one way or another.

overcool (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:24:39 PM

Ok I figured out all the wrong keys and managed to reconfigure the keyboard for US
Then I edited the interfaces file.
Then rebooted and same 5 minute wait to raise network ans same fail.

I am just not good enough on Linux to resolve this and am losing a lot of hashing trying.
I will leave with one easy solution if you want.
Rebuild this build on 16.04 desktop version. It has all the network manager stuff already built in.
Or rebuild your server version with curses. (not headless but will get the job done)

Good luck with your project. Hope you add some WiFi support one way or another.

TQ for all the Hard work.. I will make it with wifi support on next release.. Will give you PM after done..

Happy Mining... ^_^

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: