Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMOS - Light Weight Linux Base ETH Mining OS - Optimal for Nvidia GPU V2.0  (Read 21504 times)
taterbum

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:35:41 PM

Thanks Overcool for the response. 

Ya, I'm missing something.

I have the following in setup config.

My_Rig="auto"
My_Address="0x68BC2D6914B2EDF33495063B74a6D99cBB5945DB"

I still get the same error

Invalid argument: 0x68BC2D6914B2EDF33495063B74a6D99cBB5945DB.2FE64R

I see the "Auto" did change the rig  name at the end of the string, but it still bangs out with Invalid Argument.  I've tried 3 different ETH wallet addresses in the address line, and while the string changes to reflect the value change, I still get Invalid Argument.  Any ideas?

Thanks a million,

-Tate
overcool (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:08:58 AM

My_Rig="auto"

I see the "Auto" did change the rig  name at the end of the string, but it still bangs out with Invalid Argument.  I've tried 3 different ETH wallet addresses in the address line, and while the string changes to reflect the value change, I still get Invalid Argument.  Any ideas?

Thanks a million,

-Tate

which pool you are mining on..?
taterbum

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:37:46 AM

My_Rig="auto"

Thanks a million,

-Tate

Dwafrpool.  Though I switched the config to mine on ethpool to test and got the same bang.

Lets see..
Dwarfpool I used this var.  I also tried with/without ports. Not using  stratproxy

Pool1="eth-us2.dwarfppol.com:80"

Ethpool I used this var

Pool1="eu1.ethpool.org:3333"

-Tate
taterbum

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:57:25 AM

My_Rig="auto"

Thanks a million,

-Tate

Dwafrpool.  Though I switched the config to mine on ethpool to test and got the same bang.

Lets see..
Dwarfpool I used this var.  I also tried with/without ports. Not using  stratproxy

Ethpool I used this var

-Tate

Also for shits-n-giggles I used port 8008 just now on Dwarf to see....same results invalid argument

-Tate
overcool (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:04:18 PM

My_Rig="auto"

Thanks a million,

-Tate

Lets see..

Ethpool I used this var

-Tate

Also for shits-n-giggles I used port 8008 just now on Dwarf to see....same results invalid argument

-Tate

XMOS not fully support dwarfppol. dwarfppol not fully support Stratum.

Your need to do a lot of modify on the startup scripts.

So sorry for that..

Happy Mining ya...

j1

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:17:48 PM

Overcool, thanks for putting this together!  I just got my 1070ti rig running, but having trouble overclocking.  When I go to the GPU page that shows my values I have: 1600MHZ (Clocks.current.video) and 3802 MHZ (Clocks.current.memory). 

I have changed the setting under SETUP- Configure graphics-Set GPU Memory Transfer Rate.  This doesn't seem to change anything.  I'm averaging 25/mhs.  Am I missing something?

Thanks
overcool (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:04:52 PM

Overcool, thanks for putting this together!  I just got my 1070ti rig running, but having trouble overclocking.  When I go to the GPU page that shows my values I have: 1600MHZ (Clocks.current.video) and 3802 MHZ (Clocks.current.memory). 

I have changed the setting under SETUP- Configure graphics-Set GPU Memory Transfer Rate.  This doesn't seem to change anything.  I'm averaging 25/mhs.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi J1,

Make sure you have select the correct OC mode.
Exp for 1070Ti:-

OC_MODE="2"

NV_WATT="105"
NV_CLOCK="-100"
NV_MEM="1200"
NV_FAN="75"

save and reboot and try..

Happy Mining..

j1

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:15:39 PM

Ok, thanks. Dumb question, but where do I input that?
moonbas3

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:23:02 PM

How would I go about installing the image directly on a SSD ? I got an old mobo which can't boot from USB 3.0 and with 2.0 it's slow when using ssh.
taterbum

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:04:51 AM

Overcool,

All I can say is you rock sir!  I switched to Nanopool two weeks ago from Dwarf and have been killing it.

I have 2x GX 1060 6GB cards hitting at 24MH/s each, and 2x RX 580 8GB cards hammering away at 31MH/s each.  After finding the sweet spot for OC setting on my 1060s, and doing a vbios flash for the 580s I get the hash rates.  I'm working now to find just how low undervolt I can get to reduce power draw at the socket.  Currently my rig pulls 740 watts steady (using Kill-A-Watt meter).

My only question is about the default time set for restarting the miner when no share has been submitted in the last x minutes.  I believe its 45min?  I've only seen this a hand full of times, but wondered if there a way to reduce that time?

Lastly, I'd second Fuitmint's comments....if you get some time, a dual-mining option would put a cherry on top Wink

-Taterbum
elpizomenon

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:31:30 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 06:16:55 PM by elpizomenon

2x RX 580 8GB cards hammering away at 31MH/s each
-Taterbum
My RX580 do 31MH/s also. And I can't figure why, because if I don't run mining startup script, but run the same miner with the same command line it does 28MH/s. I really struggle to transfer this performance on to another Ubuntu 16.04, because struggle to move the system on SSD ether. I figured how to do mixed AMD and Nvidia mining though. My startmine.sh file:

Edit a few days later:
Was good until added second NVidia card. My latest startmine.sh file:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
#
# startmine.sh
#
# Load global settings settings.conf
if ! source ~/settings.conf; then
echo "FAILURE: Can not load global settings 'settings.conf'"
exit 9
fi

LOG_FILE="/home/prospector/restartlog.txt"
if [ ! -e "$LOG_FILE" ] ; then
    touch "$LOG_FILE"
fi

if ! source "/home/prospector/runlog/totalgpus.txt"; then
        echo "FAILURE: Can not load global settings 'totalgpus.txt'"
        exit 9
fi

rm -R /home/prospector/runlog/miner
mkdir /home/prospector/runlog/miner

if [ $MININGGPU -le "0" ]
then
exit 9
fi

MY_RIG=$( cat /home/prospector/runlog/worker.tmp )

echo "Starting Miner.." > "/home/prospector/runlog/totalhash.tmp"
echo "$(date) - Nvidia_GPU:-"$CUDAGPU"    AMD_GPU:-"$OPENCLGPU"" >> "$LOG_FILE"

if [ $STRATUMPROXY =  "enable" ]
then
echo "$(date) - STRATUMPROXY is enable" >> "$LOG_FILE"
/home/prospector/proxy.sh &
else
echo "$(date) - STRATUMPROXY is disable" >> "$LOG_FILE"
fi

GPU=0
NGPU=0
AGPU=0
MIXGPU=$(($CUDAGPU + 1))

if [ $CUDAGPU -gt "0" ]
then
while [ $NGPU -lt $CUDAGPU ]
do
if [ "$STRATUMPROXY" = "disable" ];
then
#echo disable
#echo $GPU
cp /dev/null "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log"
cp /home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/ethminer /home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU"
#SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" --farm-recheck 2000 -U -SC 2 -S "$POOL1" -FS "$POOL2" -O "$MY_ADDRESS"."$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential --cuda-parallel-hash 4 --cuda-grid-size 1024 --cuda-streams 32 --cuda-block-size 128 --cuda-devices "$GPU" 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log" >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" "$COMMFLAG" -U -S "$POOL1" -FS "$POOL2" -O "$MY_ADDRESS"."$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential "$CUDAFLAG" --cuda-devices "$GPU" 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log" >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
cp /home/prospector/runlog/startminer.tmp /home/prospector/runlog/miner/startminer$GPU.sh
echo $SCOM >> /home/prospector/runlog/miner/startminer$GPU.sh
let NGPU=NGPU+1
let GPU=GPU+1
fi

if [ "$STRATUMPROXY" = "enable" ];
then
#echo enable
#echo $GPU
cp /home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/ethminer /home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU"
#SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" --farm-recheck 2000 -U -F http://127.0.0.1:4480/"$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential --cuda-parallel-hash 4 --cuda-grid-size 1024 --cuda-streams 32 --cuda-block-size 128 --cuda-devices "$GPU" 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log" >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" "$COMMFLAG" -U -F http://127.0.0.1:4480/"$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential "$CUDAFLAG" --cuda-devices "$GPU" 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log" >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
cp /home/prospector/runlog/startminer.tmp /home/prospector/runlog/miner/startminer$GPU.sh
let GPU=GPU+1
let NGPU=NGPU+1
fi
done
fi

if [ $OPENCLGPU -gt "0" ]
then
while [ $AGPU -lt $OPENCLGPU ]
do
        if [ "$STRATUMPROXY" = "disable" ];
        then
        #echo disable
        #echo $GPU
        #SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" --farm-recheck 2000 -G -SC 2 -S "$POOL1" -FS "$POOL2" -O "$MY_ADDRESS"."$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log" >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
        SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" "$COMMFLAG" -G -S "$POOL1" -FS "$POOL2" -O "$MY_ADDRESS"."$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential "$OPENCLFLAG" 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log" >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
let AGPU=AGPU+1
let GPU=GPU+1
        fi

if [ "$STRATUMPROXY" = "enable" ];
        then
        #echo enable
        #echo $GPU
        #SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" --farm-recheck 2000 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:4480/"$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log"  >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
        SCOM="/home/prospector/runlog/miner/ethminer"$GPU" "$COMMFLAG" -G -F http://127.0.0.1:4480/"$MY_RIG" --dag-load-mode sequential "$OPENCLFLAG" 2>&1 | tee -a "/home/prospector/runlog/miner.log"  >> "/home/prospector/runlog/miner."$GPU".log""
let GPU=GPU+1
        let AGPU=AGPU+1
fi
done
fi

STARTMINER=0
while [ $STARTMINER -lt $MIXGPU ]
do
/home/prospector/runlog/miner/startminer$STARTMINER.sh &
sleep 2
let STARTMINER=STARTMINER+1
done

/usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/rocm-smi --setsclk 3 2>&1 | tee -a ${LOG_FILE}

echo "$(date) - Total $TOTALGPUS Miner Stared." | tee -a ${LOG_FILE}
echo "Miner Started" > "/home/prospector/runlog/totalhash.tmp"
echo "                       " >> ${LOG_FILE}
Works grate just all AMD cards on one last miner, to see how each operates you have to enter the last miner command, for me it is:
Code:
show miner 2

Command on line 123 is to change power level for AMD cards:
Code:
/usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/rocm-smi --setsclk 3 2>&1 | tee -a ${LOG_FILE}
My cards' VBIOS moded to undervolt to 950 mV automatically at 1167MHz for my cards it is power level 3, use
Code:
/usr/sbin/rocm-smi -h
If you need more options

My AMD cards modded to custom timings and 2200MHz by default, therefore nothing more needs to be adjusted to get 31+MHz/S @ 135W from them and its not fake hash rate like on Windows with Claymore. I left running overnight on Nanopool then on Ethermine both show slightly MORE.

johnnybe8008

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:47:43 AM

Hi overcool,
I love the idea of your OS but I'm going nuts trying to create a bootable USB. I'm currently running in a windows 10 environment (both on my miner and my regular pc).
I have tried many USB tools including: USB Image Tool, PowerISO,  Multiboot usb and XBoot.
After 20-30 minutes sometimes I get "invalid disk - need to format F:" or no error but boot menu just never sees it.
I tried converting your /img file to a .iso, but still no good. I'm at a loss of what to do!
I'm a bit of a nood with Linux and Ubuntu, but have been programming for over 40 years, on many platforms and languages, so not a noob in many areas.

Update: 2 hours later...
I now have a USB which will boot, installed Syslinux via MultiUSB then added XMOS v2 .iso (iso was made from your .img file with SuperIso).
I now see the boot option for XMOS V2 but then screen goes black... Ctrl Alt F1 does nothing.  Ctlr A 1 does nothing...
When Miner Rig boots under windows it's IP is 192.168.1.4 and when booted under XMOS router does not show 192.168.1.4, nor any new IP, so I assume the boot has failed...

:{
John.
elpizomenon

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:11:48 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 01:53:54 PM by elpizomenon

I'm going nuts trying to create a bootable USB. I'm currently running in a windows 10 environment
On Windows people use Rufus, opensource and free and the best. On Ubuntu desktop there is Startup Disk Creator. On any Linux dd. Procedure for using dd should be the same as for HiveOS: https://hiveos.farm/ and you may wish to thy HiveOS also, because is is similar commercial product, but 3 up to miners free.

I now have a USB which will boot, installed Syslinux via MultiUSB then added XMOS v2 .iso (iso was made from your .img file with SuperIso).
I have no idea what final result could be, because the distro is put on 2 partitions with Linux LVM and your way everything could get even more messed up.

I now see the boot option for XMOS V2 but then screen goes black... Ctrl Alt F1 does nothing.  Ctlr A 1 does nothing...
When Miner Rig boots under windows it's IP is 192.168.1.4 and when booted under XMOS router does not show 192.168.1.4, nor any new IP, so I assume the boot has failed...
When booting from USB screen goes black for a couple of minutes and looks like nothing is happening; then you see running Linux booting  lines for a couple of minutes; then asks for user name for a few seconds; then screen turns black again, but  Ctrl Alt F1 or Ctrl Alt F2 or Ctrl Alt F3 must give you back login screen.
IP address usually stays the same, because DHCP server assigns IP addresses based on MAC address not OS version. You can try ping your XMOS from Windows cmd
Code:
ping 192.168.1.4
if responds then ssh from Linux or Putty ssh from Windows
overcool (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:02:53 PM

Hi ,

Ur all is ROCK, hope ur all like the OS..

Currently i am busy on other project.

If want to put the OS to SSD, can try "HDDRAWCopy" it was free, just select the Image files and write. That all..

For AMD GPU that can ADD 3MH/s, here the options that boost up it "--cl-parallel-hash 2"

Happy Mining...

elpizomenon

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

Hi ,

Hi overcool

I thought you have abandoned us  Cheesy

I had to adjust it a lot to my liking. But it is the best free Ether mining OS to my knowledge. Thanks overcool!

But I would like to transfer the code on to another Ubuntu server which has been doing many other things for me before and struggle with installing AMD beta mining driver. It doesn't compile anymore. I have tried Ubuntu 16.04, 17.10. How have you managed to install AMD mining driver or it is standard one?
overcool (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:56:52 PM

Hi ,

Hi overcool

I thought you have abandoned us  Cheesy

I had to adjust it a lot to my liking. But it is the best free Ether mining OS to my knowledge. Thanks overcool!

But I would like to transfer the code on to another Ubuntu server which has been doing many other things for me before and struggle with installing AMD beta mining driver. It doesn't compile anymore. I have tried Ubuntu 16.04, 17.10. How have you managed to install AMD mining driver or it is standard one?

XMOS V2 Kernel already patch with "AMD beta mining driver Support"

You can try this command on XMOS with AMD GPU install:-
dmesg | grep fragment

and you will see some thing like this:-
[    1.072996] [drm] vm size is 32 GB, block size is 13-bit, fragment size is 9-bit
[    3.869646] [drm] vm size is 32 GB, block size is 13-bit, fragment size is 9-bit
[    5.989476] [drm] vm size is 32 GB, block size is 13-bit, fragment size is 9-bit
[    8.133461] [drm] vm size is 32 GB, block size is 13-bit, fragment size is 9-bit
[   10.289647] [drm] vm size is 32 GB, block size is 13-bit, fragment size is 9-bit
[   12.421341] [drm] vm size is 32 GB, block size is 13-bit, fragment size is 9-bit

More info here:-
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-Pro-Beta-Mining-Driver-for-Linux-Release-Notes.aspx

Digital_Seytan

Activity: 222
Merit: 2

digiseytan@walletofsatoshi.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 10:15:22 AM

Mining is difficult enough, do not make it even harder than it is with linux, throw on your PC windows 10 64 and this software no devfee and mining has never been as easy as this, and advantage of windows everyone can handle it and the settings managing is much easier than linux.

Download: https://github.com/digitalpara/WiNETH   or  https://mirrorace.com/m/1qikt

Already configured to participate in the ethermine ethereum mining pool.

DonateSATS:Digiseytan@WALLETOFSATOSHi.COM
SHOPFREE: https://satsback.com/register/1QEJyGPlg4LN5kwx
ETC+Zil Pool:https://k1pool.com/invite/895eb07555
jaryfaaad

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:12:06 PM

It is really good that people have contributed to the community and it is useful.
reactgirolles6

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:47:36 AM

The comments that one has received here is really good and worth it.
SchiefelbeinBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

There are some OC features also there and can someone explain that as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: