Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List coins at exchanges just after ICO - is it good sign?  (Read 540 times)
emityaev (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:48:00 AM

Hello!

We know that a lot of tokens drop price when listed in exchanges just after ICO. I do not understand why companies list tokens immediately.

Suppose some company goes to ICO and DO NOT have plans to list the token at any exchange immediately after ICO.
What are conclusions from this?
1. The company have good project and really looks for investment to develop the project. It needs money to grow and make good business.
2. If cap have not been reached then Company could store tokens to sell later because it have good intentions (see p.1). Definitely some investors will want to buy after see the company is on good way.
3. The company goes to take all the money and disappear so it does not care about promises. But having this intention does not prevent company from making promises to list token.
3. What else?

Suppose some company goes to ICO and DO have plans to list the token at any exchange immediately after ICO.
What are conclusions from this?
1. The company have good intentions, but want to drop the price to buy its tokens back for much smaller amount? If it has money after ICO to grow the project then why it should go to exchange?
2. The company have good intentions, but want to raise price to sell some tokens for extra amount.
3. The company have bad  intentions, want to drop the price to buy its tokens back for much smaller amount, ideally buy all the tokens back and remain "clear" - no tokens, no liability - profit.
4. The company have good intentions but poor management? If company have good project isn't it better to start it and show some growth and list token later when it will have good support according to project results and not because of ICOs promises.
5. Something else?

What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:19:56 AM

Lisk was listed not after ico but now price is higher then ico.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
cepedacharles

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:34:45 AM

Banana coins are good to sign up and if you want to sign up, just click this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164386.0
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:30:46 PM

Lisk has really proved itself legit and freindly for every user.
Yes it is a good sign for users and also for the dev and investors to get their profit back and it will attract others devs to come in market.
emityaev (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:53:06 PM

Lisk has really proved itself legit and freindly for every user.
Yes it is a good sign for users and also for the dev and investors to get their profit back and it will attract others devs to come in market.

Yes sure, it allows to get profit back very fast but:
1. It's just a speculative profit and not the profit the company intended to (in case of real project, not fake).
2. This is too risky.
3. If company got enough funds to raise the project it needs no more investors. In case of good growing project investors who fund this project already are not interested in new participants because they do not want to split further profits with others.

Again: if company works good token price raise accordingly. If company did not work yet and just finished ICO no one knows real price so it's accidental at the beginning.
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:15:25 AM

I would like to know if it is available then give it to me the detail about your ico and exchange prices per token because i'ma investor i would like to invest in your ico as well.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

I would like to know if it is available then give it to me the detail about your ico and exchange prices per token because i'ma investor i would like to invest in your ico as well.

mozillaspez, what a nice way to spam a post! Don't pretend you haven't heard of the coin called  Lisk before now. Well, if you hadn't, there was nowhere in your quoted post that the poster indicated Lisk was having an ICO.

To your question OP, I strongly believe that coins should be listed in exchanges as soon as the ICOs are over. This should be expedient. That way, investors can trade or sell them off to recoup their money if they aren't interested in hodling them for the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:52:23 PM

Because for some ICO, they don't really care about its future increase, what they really care about is making money now.

It's convenient for the investor that list coin in the exchanges and sell their coins to get BTC.

For the most of ICO project, they just want to make some money and don't really need to develop its project.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:18:00 PM

Hello!

We know that a lot of tokens drop price when listed in exchanges just after ICO. I do not understand why companies list tokens immediately.

What do you think?
I'm not going to go into details but ICO's do have connections with the exchanges before releasing the tokens during their ICO/Pre-ICO.Like I have known  ICO's which update stuff like 'In Talks with Poloniex to have your coin on an exchange'.Secondly bounty whores dump the coin as soon as the ICO ends ,doesn't matter much but kinda is reflected on the price.
emityaev (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:25:12 AM

Because for some ICO, they don't really care about its future increase, what they really care about is making money now.
Sad but true. ((

It's convenient for the investor that list coin in the exchanges and sell their coins to get BTC.
He-he. It's not real investors. They are someone who wants easy money just like ICO initiators. ))
But OK. They are new generation of investors. More risky but acting faster and easier and get income faster.
So what is the proportion between classic investors and new-generation? Is there real ones who ready to wait for real project grow?
Or there are just new investors who want to fund-and-exit ASAP...

For the most of ICO project, they just want to make some money and don't really need to develop its project.

That is exactly I'm talking about!
But it could not last forever I hope.

So the question is: what should do the project which is really going to do something real?  List coins? Do not list?
emityaev (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:26:53 AM

Secondly bounty whores dump the coin as soon as the ICO ends ,doesn't matter much but kinda is reflected on the price.

Another reason to not list soon after ICO.
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:52:41 AM

That's really great that you are investors because investors are looking for trust place and you got the trusted place here so i would suggest you that you are here for right then and it will help the project too by your investment.
emityaev (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:59:05 AM

That's really great that you are investors because investors are looking for trust place and you got the trusted place here so i would suggest you that you are here for right then and it will help the project too by your investment.

It is really interesting.
Could you give me please a couple of advice about your project?
oreits11

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:48:15 PM

the ico schemes works as the good means as developer to gains with the returns of examination as collecting supports and shifts as the different spheres with the customs on moderation as exchanging the disposition as the offers on request to deliver as best of the goods and service with the predefined of scales as the contrast of indication as the notice as beginning the attains as entering field of the business with the cryptocurrency fields and the finance.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: