Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:56:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Abstract Coin
Has potential - 7 (20%)
Is going to die sooner or later. - 4 (11.4%)
Is a waste of time - 7 (20%)
Is a fun experiment - 7 (20%)
Is Abstract - 10 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Experiment] Abstract Coin 0.2.1  (Read 9031 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:43:46 AM

I will mail
1 physical bitcoin with 0BTC value on it

to whoever can send me 0.2AC

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:46:36 AM

I will mail

Too rich for my blood

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

I will mail

Too rich for my blood

not sure what these Abstract Coins are worth....
dropping price to 0.101AC!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:57:28 AM

Out of order tx? Is that how this chain works?  Angry

Tongue

trolls making forks allover the place atm
ignore the dishonest chains

How will you identify the dishonest chains when they are 100 quotes long?

How will you avoid collusion on confirmation to double spend (I could have done it better)

you're welcome to make your own Abstract Coin

i don't pretend to know all the answers, i'm just going with the flow, trying to bring my idea to life

dishonest chains either don't link back to the genesis block, or are just plain invalid, its up to you to figure out what's what.

Not trying to make my own Abstract coin, trying to test the true strength of yours   Grin

WTS https://twitter.com/AbstractCoin and abstractcoin@yahoo.com to the highest bidder.

Seriously, I created them to give to Adam. My thinking is using the Twitter account SOLELY as the official ledger.

Will explain how I envision it after I put the apple pie in the oven.

To show proof-of-concept/proof-of-work, look at https://twitter.com/AbstractCoin then look at https://twitter.com/PhinnaeusGage. Both tweets will be deleted. In essence, Twitter could be used as the official ledger and one MUST have a Twitter account to participate.

The Abstract Coin Twitter account would be used as the official blockchain.

A thread on this forum will be used as the official thread.

A person has the option of having their Twitter account used for a myriad of purposes, including as acting as a wallet, or just as a public wallet, one of which could simply be named AC8uU70Yq, or whatever 9 char. moniker they choose.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:00:16 AM

I will mail

Nobody besides currently yourself has 0.2AC, and soon you won't even have those once you give them all away, forced to buy back any you desire.
tron1082

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I've got the mind of a scientist

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:04:49 AM

I just saw this show up on Coinchoose and it's at 975% profitability.

I entered:  cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ac:3333 -u tarded.2 -p t --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256

but I just get an error, even when I jump up and down and scream 'Confirmed' for 5 minutes straight nothing happens. Is there a pool for noobs?

Can someone donate to me until I can figure it out?  |AC98UX83|

DGC: D94C7TQdxLqPz5CtR47MigKwARqeTeUdAW  |  LTC: LazjxiafdkLw8HRWeyLrabU6f5zhyyrqEr  |  BTC: 1K5EP1DoE6fEmc2pwYXrbXbQbHcRvFee91  | I mine real coins, not trying to be the best at exercising.. my gpus.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:08:10 AM

I will mail

Nobody besides currently yourself has 0.2AC, and soon you won't even have those once you give them all away, forced to buy back any you desire.

price dropped to 0.101AC

Hazard (the first adopter) has 0.1AC

if he can figure out how to send it to someone else,  that person could afford it  Tongue

`

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:20:04 AM

What's your thoughts on using Twitter as the ledger/blockchain?

Currently, the tweet looks like this: |AC8DG84KD| (0.798AC)AdamStgBit(0.788AC) @PhinnaeusGage

Proposing it to look like this: |AC8DG84KD| (0.798AC)AdamStgBit(0.788AC) 0.01 --> @PhinnaeusGage

The next post after I retweet it would look like this: |XXXXXXXXX| (0.01)PhinnaeusGage(0.01) of which reflects the size of my current wallet.

I'm trying to come up with a simple and easy to read/understand solution since this is all going to be done sans a program.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:26:09 AM

Currently, the tweet looks like this: |AC8DG84KD| (0.798AC)AdamStgBit(0.788AC) @PhinnaeusGage

Proposing it to look like this: |AC8DG84KD| (0.798AC)AdamStgBit(0.788AC) 0.01 --> @PhinnaeusGage

The next post after I retweet it would look like this: |XXXXXXXXX| (0.01)PhinnaeusGage(0.01) of which reflects the size of my current wallet.

I'm trying to come up with a simple and easy to read/understand solution since this is all going to be done sans a program.

ya this seems like the next step for this coin to actually have a shot at some kind of value.
not sure how it would all work

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:31:52 AM

ya this seems like the next step for this coin to actually have a shot at some kind of value.

Let me show you.

If that was my official wallet, it would look similar to the above. No need to even worry about password(s) because Twitter handles that aspect.

Once you have the ~100 abcents given away, we can concentrate on the trade aspect and assigning value.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:33:19 AM

FREE Abstract Coins
Abstract Coins have been said to be "Seriously flawed!"
Get some today!
simply post your interest below, its that simple!

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:34:26 AM

Let me show you.

If that was my official wallet, it would look similar to the above. No need to even worry about password(s) because Twitter handles that aspect.

Once you have the ~100 abcents given away, we can concentrate on the trade aspect and assigning value.

hmmmm

could work

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:44:07 AM

can people edit their  tweets?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:47:00 AM

can people edit their  tweets?

No! Only delete them once they are tweeted.

Therefore, they must retweet your tweet for the transaction to be verified. Then their very next tweet shows what they have in their wallet if the tweet/retweet is not designed in such a way as to make that obvious.

The fewer steps, the better, hence needed to design the TX properly the first time, always using the same format.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:49:57 AM

I will mail

price dropped to 0.101AC

if he can figure out how to send it to someone else,  that person could afford it  Tongue

`
I'm an AC mogul Cool

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:54:32 AM

Therefore, they must retweet your tweet for the transaction to be verified. Then their very next tweet shows what they have in their wallet if the tweet/retweet is not designed in such a way as to make that obvious.

the major problem with Abstract Coin is that its difficult to remember how many coins you actually own + your always dealing with 0.xxx amounts, making it dubly hard
even more of a headache will be once people start moving them around a bit, people are going to have to looks at the forum for hours to figure out if it really is a genuine Abstract Coin, at least on the forum we can click the quotes and follow the chain

how would we figure out if an  Abstract Coin is  genuine or not on twitter?
it doesn't have to be easy
it just has to be possible

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:57:23 AM

I will mail

price dropped to 0.101AC

`
I'm an AC mogul Cool

hey, you just need to convince someone to give you 0.001AC and you'll have the funds!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:04:59 AM

the major problem with Abstract Coin is that its difficult to remember how many coins you actually own + your always dealing with 0.xxx amounts, making it dubly hard
even more of a headache will be once people start moving them around a bit, people are going to have to looks at the forum for hours to figure out if it really is a genuine Abstract Coin
at least on the forum we can click the quotes and follow the chain
how would we figure out if an  Abstract Coin is  genuine or not on twitter.

Hell, you even complicated the problem by only creating one AC, thus from the get-go we're dealing with decimals. But we can worry about/solve that aspect later.

The following is a fictitious example of me passing half my AC to another member via Twitter.

Readdressing the wallet address. If every wallet started with |AC#XXXXXX|, there would be 9 (no 0 as the third char.) X 626 combinations.

Note in the twitter example that each transaction will always be timestamped.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:16:24 AM

Using a random vintage tweet as an example, the following is what the timestamp aspect would look like.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:19:59 AM

even more of a headache will be once people start moving them around a bit, people are going to have to looks at the forum for hours to figure out if it really is a genuine Abstract Coin
at least on the forum we can click the quotes and follow the chain
how would we figure out if an  Abstract Coin is  genuine or not on twitter.

Hell, you even complicated the problem by only creating one AC, thus from the get-go we're dealing with decimals. But we can worry about/solve that aspect later.

The following is a fictitious example of me passing half my AC to another member via Twitter.

Readdressing the wallet address. If every wallet started with |AC#XXXXXX|, there would be 9 (no 0 as the third char.) X 626 combinations.

Note in the twitter example that each transaction will always be timestamped.

so people see this tweet and then they can retweet and so everyone knows you pass 0.005AC to someone else... could work, maybe better than what we have here.

but maybe if we make some key changes it would be really easy to deal with Abstract Coin
say their is only 1 Abstract Coin and it is not divisible at all
then everything becomes very easy to deal with,
you'd declare on this forum,
"I hereby give you the Abstract Coin"
someone quotes you
and everyone can see clearly who currently owns the imaginary coin
this coin could be seen a unique collectable!

maybe this is the direction i should take this idea... idk

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: