Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PROJECT IDEA: Mirror TV (need advice)  (Read 308 times)
mirrorman (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:27:57 AM

Hello everyone!

We would like to hear your expert opinion on the potential of taking our project to ICO.

The idea is about creating the next generation advertising network MirrorTV based on using Interactive Mirrors , a principally new means of advertising.
When not used and in the sleeping mode these mirrors look absolutely like ordinary mirrors people use to look in. The interesting part begins when a person approaches the mirror thus triggering a motion sensor and starting playback of a video ad with sound. Turning an ordinary mirror into a screen creates some considerable WOW-effect with the audience.

The screen is taking only a certain part of the mirror surface usually below the person’s face level. It means the person can still see himself without distortions and still be in contact with the advertising message.

This whole thing is running on software hooked up to the cloud platform where any advertising campaign can be set up by agencies and clients.
The most popular locations for these mirrors are places where visitors spend at least 10 seconds and longer (elevators in business and residential buildings, fitting-rooms in shopping centers, waiting areas).

The key advantages:
1. High level innovation media vehicle
2. Guaranteed ad viewing amount
3. Easy targeting of certain customer groups
4. Measurability and control
5. Instant setup and launching of advertising campaigns
6. High audience engagement

The team:
We are a media company based in Belarus owning a network of advertising screens in Minsk underground.
This product was created, patented, successfully tested and deployed in dozens of locations in Minsk and Moscow. A company called TNS has issued a report that this type of advertising is more efficient than other advertising media types.

Project background:
Since long ago we wanted to come up with a new advertising media vehicle for the industry that would attract everybody’s glances. Initially we felt it should be some kind of a huge-sized hologram screen from Star Wars so that people would spread the word about it and would come to see it again and again thus reaching the advertising message.
Our team kept working hard on the idea for some time and put forth 3 most efficient advertising means:
1.   TV ads (videos with sound): the most memorable form of advertising message great both for auditory and visual learners.
2.   Glossy magazine ads: provide the longest contact with the reader who can thoroughly study the ad (provided the right page is open) while quality printing can accent the brand’s status.
3.   Internet advertising: ease of campaign deployment and monitoring means that let you are in control of the situation without leaving the house. Great measurability.
It also became apparent that the next generation vehicle should be very fancy to draw everyone’s attention and surprise.
So the conclusion was that we needed an ideal advertising media with the following features:
-   Video ads
-   Ads should have sound
-   The audience should be in touch with the ad for prolonged intervals
-   The media should pull you in making you want to look at it with your jaw open
-   It should be a SaaS solution for companies all over the world to upload and run their video ads for the targeted audiences (similar to Yandex Direct).
-   The solution should offer reports on campaign efficiencies.

As a result we have a Swiss-army knife of advertising for any life situation. The volume of world’s market of advertising is huge while the cost of contact with the audience is comparable with that of internet advertising. At the same time you get a most precise targeting tool allowing promotion both globally or locally.

So please share your thoughts with us. Do you believe in the potential of this project for ICO? What are the things we need to take into account to be successful? Thanks a lot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 01:16:36 AM

- You mention an ICO, which stands for initial coin offering. I have no idea why in the world you would need your own coin for this.
- This makes sense as a business idea, but I despise it on a personal level. The last thing I want to see is more ads. I hear ads on the bus at every other stop every day now and I hate them and tune them out. Advertising is IMO under a lot of pressure right now.
- You're basically taking the "smart mirror" concept that many people have built with the raspberry pi and turning it from a cool idea into more ad space
- Did I mention that most people hate ads?

The first thing that would happen when I imagine seeing a screen light up behind a mirror is thinking "oh, cool" but then immediately turning to disdain as I realize it's a video ad.

I think your idea has potential. But people don't like ads. They're annoying. But you might still have a good business idea.
mirrorman (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:40:32 AM

- You mention an ICO, which stands for initial coin offering. I have no idea why in the world you would need your own coin for this.
- This makes sense as a business idea, but I despise it on a personal level. The last thing I want to see is more ads. I hear ads on the bus at every other stop every day now and I hate them and tune them out. Advertising is IMO under a lot of pressure right now.
- You're basically taking the "smart mirror" concept that many people have built with the raspberry pi and turning it from a cool idea into more ad space
- Did I mention that most people hate ads?

The first thing that would happen when I imagine seeing a screen light up behind a mirror is thinking "oh, cool" but then immediately turning to disdain as I realize it's a video ad.

I think your idea has potential. But people don't like ads. They're annoying. But you might still have a good business idea.

Thanks for your opinion. We do appreciate it!
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:15:05 AM

Can you explain what mean mirror? need picture of prototype if you have..
I understand how it work but why choosed mirror.. I don't think that people will be buy mirror with ads..
Hackers will create ads block for mirrors..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: