Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:09:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another hack?  (Read 780 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:40:01 AM

I'm not trying to spread fear or anything but I have never seen such a large amount of password reset via email before, also some accounts are waking up from a long period of inactivity. I just thought I should let you guys know, maybe you (theymos/mods) want to take a look into it: https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php . If this is not from a recent hack, then it would make sense to see such activity now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tommyj11

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:00:42 AM

my account got hacked, but if i look at the seclog my password was changed by mail august 24, i was the one who changed it.
still i cant acces my account
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 09:44:03 AM

I noticed the same only yesterday while taking a look at a member's profile and trust that the member woke up from long period of inactivity and he had recently changed his email whether hack or not this is something to be looked into by the admin and mods and this is a matter of serious concern.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
stevegee58a

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:38:50 AM

When my stevegee58 account got hacked a few days ago I thought it was just me.  Now it looks like I'm part of a tsunami of account thefts.

Wake up Theymos!  This is a big fucking problem that needs to be fixed!  Your old protocol of "send me a PM that must be formatted exactly this way and maybe I'll look at it" isn't working any more!

This is going to create a big stink that will chase away your advertisers.
asdlolciterquit_2

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:42:46 PM

i dont' understand...there is security problem again?
stevegee58a

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:54:42 PM

There's always been a security problem from day 1.  No 2-factor authentication, unencrypted passwords.

There's been a sudden big wave of hack complaints this week.  I'm part of that wave since my stevegee58 identity was hacked.
I suspect that the leaked username/password list that's been for sale for a while finally found a willing buyer.
asdlolciterquit_2

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:24:59 PM

There's always been a security problem from day 1.  No 2-factor authentication, unencrypted passwords.

There's been a sudden big wave of hack complaints this week.  I'm part of that wave since my stevegee58 identity was hacked.
I suspect that the leaked username/password list that's been for sale for a while finally found a willing buyer.

why they don't do something?
stevegee58a

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:26:30 PM

There's always been a security problem from day 1.  No 2-factor authentication, unencrypted passwords.

There's been a sudden big wave of hack complaints this week.  I'm part of that wave since my stevegee58 identity was hacked.

why they don't do something?

How would I know? I only have 11 posts. Cheesy

I will say however that there are rumors of a beta site with more security.  A step in the right direction though it doesn't fix my problem of getting my hacked stevegee58 account back.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:41:40 PM

Something has to be done about this, another layer of security need to be added to protect accounts. If that is an hack, that list is scary.
tommyj11

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:50:56 PM

if there have been another security breach and alot of accounts have been compromised,then the moderators should do something about it, to help the people get their accounts back. some of us have been members for many years. and now we're back to newbie accounts
asdlolciterquit_2

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:23:48 PM

if there have been another security breach and alot of accounts have been compromised,then the moderators should do something about it, to help the people get their accounts back. some of us have been members for many years. and now we're back to newbie accounts

totally agree!

My hacked account is a "hero account"
VegaAISolutions

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 04:32:05 PM

I was just telling somebody the other day about how important it is to secure your Bitcoin Talk account, I myself am a newbie here but I've been lurking for many years and I've seen a lot of good accounts get compromised mostly due to bad password security, ironically usually that bad password security is not on this site but rather their email. it's a shame to be sure but definitely check out the new updated password security guidelines issued.

NutMasterTardd2

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:37:17 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 05:46:58 PM by NutMasterTardd2

totally agree!

Also since Feb 2014, more than 1000 posts, I love this forum and the majority of the people that use it..

Kind of upsetting seeing someone else milking it for Signature campaigns to make money..

To the OP I am glad you have noticed something, because you are onto something.

:: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::
asdlolciterquit_2

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

totally agree!

Also since Feb 2014, more than 1000 posts, I love this forum and the majority of the people that use it..

Kind of upsetting seeing someone else milking it for Signature campaigns to make money..

so sad to not see an answer from the admin Sad
tommyj11

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:46:23 AM

totally agree!

so sad to not see an answer from the admin Sad
if nothing's done, nothing's going to change
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:54:23 PM

Don't assume that bitcointalk has been hacked again, it is more likely that a different website related to cryptocurrency has leaked user info. It doesn't help that you can login with a username or email address,  which makes it easier to test out any passwords that got taken elsewhere.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:48:16 PM

I'm not trying to spread fear or anything but I have never seen such a large amount of password reset via email before, also some accounts are waking up from a long period of inactivity. I just thought I should let you guys know, maybe you (theymos/mods) want to take a look into it: https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php . If this is not from a recent hack, then it would make sense to see such activity now.

Is there any indication that these aren't just from the database hack in 2015? I changed my password after that happened. I'm tempted to change password and email address now after this string of account hacks. If I do so, does anyone know how long my profile will say, "This user's password was reset recently?" I feel like that message will make people not want to deal with me (and perhaps rightfully so).
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 10:05:34 PM

I hope this is fixed if so. I don't want to lose my account even if it's just ranked member. How much more for higher ranking members.

TheCryptoGeneral

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:08:54 PM

oh this seems like a serious problem tho, is there a way to tag or call for a moderator to respond to this or at least take a look into it? concerning it is
VegaAISolutions

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 06:36:05 AM

I'll tell you what's really cool though is the fact that this site added a security log it really helps watching out for big hack events and it also helps track account handoffs for shady situations and stuff like that, overall it's great to see the developers who own this site actually taking an active role in improving it from time to time it seems like it's static.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: