Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: living With Terrorism  (Read 4797 times)
pac1 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:49:12 AM

a lot of people in the UK are worried that extremist islam is taking over, how much of the world is seeing this ?
how much of the world is having the same problem..
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:51:29 AM

The only terrorists I've ever seen are the ones in office.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:24:11 AM

Tell me this doesn't sound like something a Terrorist would say:

"We came, we saw, (laughs) he died. (more laughter)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

Oops, no, since it was said by a WASP politician, that's not terrorism. Terrorism is only when a bearded brown man in funny clothes says things like that.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:36:29 AM

Who cares about terrorism. There are more people killed from lightning strikes than from terrorist attacks. This year killed from lightning 3 people from terrorist attacks 0. Not to mention car accidents (largely unavoidable) or cancer (could be cured in most cases if enough money are put into research).

The problem is that Islamic fundamentalists are only ones standing in way to new world order and global 1984 state. That's why the western governments are so pro-jewish and anti-islamic.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:11:49 AM

I think people should realistically consider causes for terrorism. And on other hand look into how domestic issues could be resolved.

There isn't a way to stop it all, but many things could be done to prevent it on local level. Deal with mentally unstable, provide economy that provides work or future for young people.

And don't think you are free to murder people on other side of world.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
pac1 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:29:15 AM

Out of disgust at the beheading of a British soldier in London i went on an EDL march.
The police and onlookers branded me a racist! i am NOT a racist.
And i wholeheartedly agree we should look at the reasons for these atrocities both at home and abroad but are our boys not fighting to protect the innocent people of the middle east against the oppression of normal people like you and me by sharia law and fundamental Islam that really is thousands of years old old has no place in a civilized modern society.

i think this is why i am growing to love bitcoin, straight to the person without having to be filtered through all the borders and redtape bullshit

LONG LIVE BITCOIN. A STEP TOWARDS A NEW WORLD.
dm8

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:48:47 PM

Out of disgust at the beheading of a British soldier in London i went on an EDL march.
The police and onlookers branded me a racist! i am NOT a racist.
And i wholeheartedly agree we should look at the reasons for these atrocities both at home and abroad but are our boys not fighting to protect the innocent people of the middle east against the oppression of normal people like you and me by sharia law and fundamental Islam that really is thousands of years old old has no place in a civilized modern society.

i think this is why i am growing to love bitcoin, straight to the person without having to be filtered through all the borders and redtape bullshit

LONG LIVE BITCOIN. A STEP TOWARDS A NEW WORLD.

If you hang around with racists what do you expect?
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:13:52 PM

to me terrorism is excuse for politics to increase control over humans only

hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:48:48 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Any time you don't give people the ability to  have a fair hearing for grievances, you shouldn't be surprised when they eventually turn to violence.

We have supported their dictators for a long time, and that's when our soldiers don't go walking directly into their countries, killing their friends and relatives, destroying their property and ultimately destroying their livelihoods (the economy in which they work and earn their living).

Despite all that, most Islamic people are still peaceful.   

It says far more about us than it does about them.   And when I say us, I mean the Western governments, because I don't have anything to do with all that shit.   People want to support "their" govt, good, you support murdering, destructive thugs.   How does that make you feel?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:15:54 PM

I'm more worried about chavs in the UK personally but I guess that's because I actually live here and in the real world Tongue
dm8

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:14:48 PM

I'm more worried about chavs in the UK personally but I guess that's because I actually live here and in the real world Tongue
the kind of chavs who go to edl rallies?  Grin
i also live in the uk and am yet to meet anyone (other than Daily Mail readers) who believe there is a wave of islamic militants hell bent on destroying the country. terrorists are terrorists, doesnt matter the colour of their skin or their religious persuasion . the edl/bnp/nf - whatever they want to call themselves this week - are very good at preying on peoples insecurities, and who better than to blame than someone different from yourself.
To the OP> How many anti catholic marches did you attend when the IRA were blowing up various cities throughout England?
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:52:02 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

I've experienced 2 terrorist attacks first hand
The Warrington IRA attack and the Manchester bombing.
As I remember it, people just carried on with their lives as normal.
Terrorism is a minor thing that affects a few people (not being disrespectful to those people directly affected) - to obsess over it just ruins life for everyone and is a victory for the terrorists.
dm8

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:43:39 PM

I've experienced 2 terrorist attacks first hand
The Warrington IRA attack and the Manchester bombing.
As I remember it, people just carried on with their lives as normal.
Terrorism is a minor thing that affects a few people (not being disrespectful to those people directly affected) - to obsess over it just ruins life for everyone and is a victory for the terrorists.
dcupid, similar experiences:
ive had 2 too,was in london for the 7/7 attack, and was in the us for  9/11. keep calm and carry on versus public hysteria, thats my recolection of the 2 events. however extremism in whatever guise cannot be alowed to govern how we live our lives
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:03:12 PM

Terrorfakt makes great music. so does tError and the whole terrorcore sceneoid.
I have no tolerance for religious violence, state sanctioned or otherwise.
England is reaping what it has sown, not to imply that violence is just.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:27:58 PM

Terrorism is a huge issue affecting the lives of millions and killing thousands every month, but there's hardly any terrorism in Europe or in the U.S. whereas terrorism attacks happen daily in Irak, Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan...

Britons don't know nor imagine what terrorism really is. Maybe, they're just lucky.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
dm8

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:54:06 PM

Terrorfakt makes great music. so does tError and the whole terrorcore sceneoid.
I have no tolerance for religious violence, state sanctioned or otherwise.
England is reaping what it has sown, not to imply that violence is just.
when you say england , do you mean the uk? thats a can of worms for another thread!
without doubt the british govt has much blood on its hands over the years, and a certain amount of backlash has, and will for a long time be experienced.
my point was, as a country england has experienced terrorism (semidomestic and otherwise) for the best part of a hundred years. Im not try to justify either sides positions or actions, simply the populace reaction was completely different based on a differing history. Until very recently terrorism was a big part of daily life  esp in london.
I hope everyone would agree that history shows us that any violence doesnt solve problems in the long run
pac1 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:21:53 PM

firstly i have to thank everyone who shared their opinion with me, i knew this was the place to get a "real view" from some proper people.
i think the overall feeling is that whether its on our street or on a street in Palestine violence and fascism should not be tolerated whatever mask it wears or whatever excuse it hinds behind.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:04:30 AM

I work on a military base in Afghanistan. We get bombs lobbed at us about every other day.

We know that there is not much to worry about because statistically, you are not likely to get hit.

The US has been hit by terrorist attacks what...once every 10 years or so (maybe once every 5 years in the UK)? In a population of hundreds of millions?

Statistically terrorism should not even be a glimmer of a miniscule thought on your mind.

Unfortunately, statistically I am more likely to get raped out here than hit by a bomb. That is something I do worry about.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ewitte

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:50:32 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 03:02:42 PM by ewitte

Who cares about terrorism. There are more people killed from lightning strikes than from terrorist attacks. This year killed from lightning 3 people from terrorist attacks 0. Not to mention car accidents (largely unavoidable) or cancer (could be cured in most cases if enough money are put into research).

The problem is that Islamic fundamentalists are only ones standing in way to new world order and global 1984 state. That's why the western governments are so pro-jewish and anti-islamic.

Not really the terrorists in office have killed hundreds of millions just in the last Century all to keep their profits going.  Fake wars, fake "terrorists", fake food causing disease, spraying chemicals all over us, etc.  Anything in the name of making more $$ and try to control the population even more.  

Yes I consider keeping people sick so you can sell them more pills, tests, etc terrorism.  Along with all the financial control that is placed on the world.

Donations
BTC - 13Lgy6fb4d3nSYEf2nkgBgyBkkhPw8zkPd
LTC - LegzRwyc2Xhu8cqvaW2jwRrqSnhyaYU6gZ
dm8

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:42:51 PM

elwar, completely get where you coming from. the media, esp the tabs love to have stories of why we're constantly under threat, and should batten down the hatches, when the reality of sudden death is usually caused by cars/tobacco/alcohol. that of course doesnt make good press.
i do however think you are underestimating the threat the uk has had historically. certainly at the height of the ira, it was weekly across many parts of , primarily, england. maybe not on the scale of 7/7 or anywhere near 9/11, but it was a constant threat.

pac1> given youre need to express support for fallen soldiers, did you make the helpforheroes rally last weekend??   i hope this discussion has at least nudged you towards supporting the causes you believe in, rather than political movements who will milk your fears.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: