Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:35:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: official Indian Crypto Currency  (Read 749 times)
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:11:07 AM

Official coin in every country with LN would be great
it can "replace" bitcoin and used inside the country, and if some1 moves to other country , he can swap it ...
maybe its the future Smiley

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 08:35:05 AM

This is still a rumor as no Indian government official release comes from any end. Whenever Indian government decide to start its own crypto currency, you can see that news on all major crypto channels and also on all international business channels as it will change the whole crypto world scenario and also will be number one if supported by Indian government.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
ashuK27 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:52:01 AM

Even Malaysia's central bank could introduce rules around cryptocurrencies by the end of this year.
So as on my opinion official crypto currencies of different countries will have bright future.

Introducing rules and coming up with their own cryptocurrencies are totally different. If governments introduce any product then surely it will have a more trust but not sure whether people will go for it. Anyway they haven't provided any details of their new coin so let's wait and see how it is different from bitcoin or it is just copy of bitcoin.

Sure just wait and watch. but we can't deny that governments will launched or already launched their own crypto unofficially
nareshrohra

Activity: 158

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:24:35 AM

I think there will be one. For the government, it is perhaps taking a bitter pill. They don't like other cryptocurrencies because, well they are mined elsewhere. GoI will surely try to make this currency analogus to fiat except being digital and distributed ledger. To that end, it is going to be a bumpy ride Smiley.

But, having said that, given present government's record I would expect some flip-flops on this decision.

Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:47:19 AM

I would say that it is a bad idea unless this Indian coin have any special usage or unique qualities  that will point it out os the other cryptocurrencies. The fact that this coin is "indian" and the others are not doesen't look like a big advantage. if they want to fight iflation this way then they can just  guarantee their  local currency with a some part of BTC.
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:10:36 AM

I don't think it's a good a idea to give cryptocurrency a nationality. The idea is should be borderless, censorship-resistant and decentralise. So when you country claims to make this type of things it is usually because their system is dying and the word "cryptocurrency" is makertly appealing when in fact what they are creating is no different than just a digital version of fiat.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:15:08 AM

It was only a matter of time, watch other countries jump on the bandwagon, but so long as it is a centralized coin, bitcoin will be number one.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:20:01 AM

Indian government is yet to make its stand clear on the status of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. From the looks of it they are still going to take a long time to figure this out. First they will have to legalize the crypto or bitcoin and then come up with their own currency. IMO, China or Russia might actually do it before India and rest of the world countries who are pondering onto this idea. But then can a country specific crypto currency be actually decentralized?

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:28:24 AM

What are your thoughts on an Indian fiat cryptocurrency?
 Do you think that it could replace Bitcoin in India?

if they were trying to replace bitcoin with that cryptocurrency (i think it is called Lakshmi) they wouldn't have made bitcoin legal. they actually done that this year after a lot of debate.

their cryptocurrency is centralized and it is also in the early stages not ready for becoming big. some say the banks are doing it to make some money and cover their asses.

--looking for signature--
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:12:35 AM

This will be a proudly Indian made crypto currency. Everyone can developed a new coin but the problem is if the bitcoin enthusiast will invest to this coin but im pretty sure that the this coin will be number one inside India as the Indian people will support their coin but only secondary to bitcoins. This is the part of their program after legalizing the bitcoin i hope many nations will follow this brilliant steps including our country.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

SKR27

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:44:13 AM

as I got news segwitx2 on the way this November, if it's effect negative on bitcoin then alt coin such as official indian crypto(Laxmi) have bright future. what u say?
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:59:36 AM

I'd honestly have to see how governments start to handle cryptocurrencies - how many bad decisions they can make, and how short of a time frame they can make them in!

Having a fiat cryptocurrency (??) would have a lot of trust in it, and the price, I imagine, would stabilize heavily... Though would be subject to a lot more variables, as now there is an entire government (and people's livelihood) on this coin. What would also be interesting would be how people in the country would adopt the coin, in places like India I'm not sure how many of them have computers that they can use to interface with these coins. What makes fiat work is that it's a physical thing that can be handed off, while digital currency requires some technical experience in order to use safely.

Thanks for bringing this up, I'm definitely going to keep an eye of these sorts of things now (and maybe invest!).
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:36:15 AM

In India, it could replace bitcoin in terms of popularity and the reason for that is because government will be pushing it with every facilities and infrastructures and would ensure that every news agency whether online or offline will be talking about it but when it comes to use, I don't see it replacing bitcoin because only if they can stop bitcoin use, and the new entrants will come to even absorb bitcoin when they realize government couldn't do anything about it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: