Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZenithCoin (ZTC) Market Making Sustainable Crypto Currency  (Read 35717 times)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:45:04 PM

Anything special about it?

Use Google.
Thats a shitty response, tbh

No it is not.  Google will return you www.zenithcoin.com  at the top of the list.

"DigitalCoin" on the other hand is completely absent on the first page.

Nope, front page. Another asshole dev, who feels being a dick will help promote his coin, and, from me, yet another, go fuck yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:58:20 PM

Anyone could on theory start mining if they compile the code themselves.  At this time, any changes will involve just network parameters. 

and that means? ...

TLDR: total fail. Op couldn't figure out how to compile qt, Mac or Ubuntu client. Abandoning project that went over launch deadline.

The end.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 01:10:01 PM

Anyone could on theory start mining if they compile the code themselves.  At this time, any changes will involve just network parameters.  

and that means? ...

That it has launched, presumably.

Go ahead and compile for your system and start mining...

The part about network parameters though, does that maybe mean the magic handshake bytes have not been changed from whichever coin this was cloned from, so that it is not really actually a separate coin-network of its own yet?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
com911

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:12:12 PM

No binaries at start, as usual. Undecided

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 01:13:38 PM

So? The pre-mine is already built in, the dev gets 50% no matter who mines, right? So what does it matter whether some people are faster at compiling than others? The pre-mine is already a done deal.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:19:13 PM

So? The pre-mine is already built in, the dev gets 50% no matter who mines, right? So what does it matter whether some people are faster at compiling than others? The pre-mine is already a done deal.

-MarkM-

I forgot about that part...So, wait, not only does he get %50 of eveything mined, he couldn't even be bothered to compile the clients for people. Man, laziest scam ever

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 01:55:34 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 03:55:59 PM by markm

You'd be lucky to happen upon an IRC channel that has someone else in it, as it picks from 100 channels at random so until there are many more than 100 clients on IRC chances are good that you will land in a channel that has no one else in it.

However you can use -addnode=198.154.60.61:19312 to find a node with an open incoming port.

(Its default ports seem to be the same as bitcoin's, hooking up to a bitcoin node wouldn't be very useful...)

-MarkM-

com911

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:22:56 PM

You'd be lucky to happen upon an IRC channel that has someone else in it, as it picks from 100 channels at random so until there are many more than 100 clients on IRC chances are good that you will land in a channel that has no one else in it.

However you can use addnode=-addnode=198.154.60.61:19312 to find a node with an open incoming port.

(Its default ports seem to be the same as bitcoin's, hooking up to a bitcoin node wouldn't be very useful...)

-MarkM-

Are you mining it already?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 02:24:40 PM

I put a couple of CPUs on it, as you need a connection in order to mine so had to set up two nodes.

I hoped we could have another of those nice CPU-mined coins, at least for a while.

But no, just one other person on it and instead of economising on electricty by just using the least necessary amount of hashing they are zooming through blocks so fast they are darn close to orphaning their own blocks were it not for the fact one doesn't orphan one's own blocks.

So who-ever joins as third participant likely will also have to spend insane amounts of electricity and both of them will be making it much harder much faster than need be and likely both start getting orphans too. Sigh.

Tenebrix and Fairbrix are so much more civilised, lots of people quietly CPU mining month after month, so far none of these "lets spoil it for everyone by wasting more electricity than need be" folks screwing it up for everyone yet...

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:14:04 PM

Well that was a total waste of time.

It took only two miners to totally ruin the whole thing, turning it into just another orphan-fest of insta-mining.

I'll stick to Tenebrix and Fairbrix.

Notice that: just TWO miners.

The pathetically stupidly low difficulty is basically no different from zero difficulty.

You obviously do need one or probably much more than one as initial difficulty to do any kind of reasonable launch these days.

TWO miners should have been NEGLIGIBLE, just two such guys should have needed hours per block, since in a proper launch there would be dozens and dozens of such miners...

-MarkM-

solracx (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:45:58 PM

However you can use addnode=-addnode=198.154.60.61:19312 to find a node with an open incoming port.

-MarkM-

That's correct.   The IRC is problematic at this time.

So we will setting up some nodes.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:49:25 PM

P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-Passsssssssssssssssssssssss

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:54:39 PM

nm found the source code...no qt though yeppie.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
sido

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:57:42 PM

https://github.com/zenithcoin/ZenithCoin
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:58:58 PM

nm found the source code...no qt though yeppie.

The source is on GitHub.   QT has not been compiled and tested.   Long term plans do not include QT as a client.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:59:07 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 04:19:29 PM by markm

man so I went to the site to DL the source.. there is nothing there?

Don't worry about it, obviously it is far from ready to launch.

It needs to set some ports that do not conflict with bitcoin's, it needs to set a massively higher difficulty that will take a hell of a lot more than just two miners to manage to mine faster than the target difficulty, it might even need handshake magic-bytes to make it unable to "accidently" connect to some other coin's clients.

All in all it is an abortive mess, wait for the author to fix it up and probably even make a new genesis block so all this garbage pre-test stuff goes away, and launches it properly with a reasonable difficulty.

-MarkM-

Kyune

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:06:54 PM

I got the following error when trying to compile the daemon in Ubuntu 12.04:

Code:
In file included from netbase.h:10:0,
                 from util.h:30,
                 from alert.h:13,
                 from alert.cpp:8:
serialize.h:281:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
solracx (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 04:08:52 PM

It needs to set some ports that do not conflict with bitcoin's, it needs to set a massively higher difficulty that will take a hell of a lot more than just two miners to manage to mine faster than the target difficulty, it might even need handshake magic-bytes to make it unable to "accidently" connect to to some other coin's clients.

All in all it is an abortive mess, wait for the author to fix it up and probably even make a new genesis block so all this garbage pre-test stuff goes away, and launches it properly with a reasonable difficulty.

-MarkM-

Yes, the initial difficulty setting is problematic.   I will need it higher and have a better coordinated launch for miners.

The port actually is correct, but there is a section of code that displays them incorrectly as that of bitcoin.

Yes,  a new genesis block is in order.

Thanks.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:09:24 PM

It needs to set some ports that do not conflict with bitcoin's, it needs to set a massively higher difficulty that will take a hell of a lot more than just two miners to manage to mine faster than the target difficulty, it might even need handshake magic-bytes to make it unable to "accidently" connect to to some other coin's clients.

-MarkM-

Thanks for the heads up saves me the time and headach of trying to figure out how to get this to run on windows lol. Least I got time to mess with it now. He just said no plans on a -qt that might really limit the users for this then.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
oroqen

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:09:36 PM

What happened to your plan to implement a different algo, also just noticed on the POW thread you have the voting set to end on the 4th even tho you wanted to release on the 1st, are you planing on going ahead with it with a new genesis block or leave it as it is now and patch up the code as you go?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: