Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Real time Tweet (twitter) analysis for measuring Cryptocurrency sentiment  (Read 290 times)
cryptofan2017 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:57:21 PM

Recently  I created a script pulling altcoin related twitter data. Now I have added some code to do textual sentiment analysis on the Twitter data (using the TextBlob library in Python). The script analyses a positive or negative sentiment with regard to tweets, resulting in the following analysis:

• Average polarity per hour - Tweets are analysed on polarity (-1 to +1, negative to positive). This results in a line chart that shows average sentiment per hour
  • Count of positive and negative sentiment - Tweets are analysed on outspoken negative or positive tweets (<-0,5 or >0,5). This result in a area graph which shows the volume of negative tweets versus positive Tweets

Personally i think this can be a interesting for sentiment prediction for crypto's, let me know what you think.

Results and raw data are available on www.altcoinanalytics.com.
https://i.imgur.com/PyufPKy.png
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: