Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BQC] BBQCoin Foundation - a collaborative e-democracy  (Read 4377 times)
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:04:53 PM

we really need decent web design to prompt this coin. and improve the image at least.

the "official" web is so shitty. it will make traders and holders laugh to see a pointless video on the "official" website.

it is 21 centry now. but we have a 1985 web design.

how poor we are.

bigdaub (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:50:01 AM

we really need decent web design to prompt this coin. and improve the image at least.

the "official" web is so shitty. it will make traders and holders laugh to see a pointless video on the "official" website.

it is 21 centry now. but we have a 1985 web design.

how poor we are.

dotcoin.info

The BBQCoin foundation is currently working on its website. Join our forum and give us your input. Let us know what types of things you would like to see.
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:01:16 AM

The offical website has had an update and gone back to its roots with a more serious style more in line with Bitcoin.org, which we all know works fine.

This is a serious coin now and demands a website with a serious look, bbqcoin.org now has it.
dotcoin.info

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:13:33 AM

The offical website has had an update and gone back to its roots with a more serious style more in line with Bitcoin.org, which we all know works fine.

This is a serious coin now and demands a website with a serious look, bbqcoin.org now has it.

be honest.  how can you describe the poor looking "official" site as serious? 

i am so disappointed the so-called devs of "official" one. It seems we can not expect further development now.

all the mobile payment app and merchants acceptance are in dream now.

i am so pessimistic now.

sorry.

dotcoin.info

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:19:41 AM

but thanks for your hardworking anyway.

it seems we need a strong team to improve image and application.

and most importantly the merchants

CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:33:18 PM

but thanks for your hardworking anyway.

it seems we need a strong team to improve image and application.

and most importantly the merchants

What do you mean thurther development, before we started working on it, it still had a Litecoin logo. We developed the first BBQcoin client update and are now working on the second.

Merchants and such is what the community is for to help BBQcoin.

I gave bounties to pools and large amount to Bter.com to take BQC on.

So with everything we have done, why do we need a corporation style BBQcoin foundation?

People come to bbqcoin.org, download the client, learn what they need to from our forum and the Devtome link and off they go, mining and buying/selling.

If however it is a foundation to create applications and merchants for BBQcoin than that is a great thing but please not another website offering the wrong download links, that is just even more confusing for new users.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:51:41 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 01:09:05 PM by mrvegad

There is a link pointing to the latest client on the foundation forum.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:20:29 PM

There is a link pointing to the latest client on the foundation forum.

Why do we need that when he already have the upto date link on bbqcoin.org?

The very second the next update is released, it will be on bbqcoin.org, with all other websites there will be a delay for it to be up dated.

This is the only coin that now has this problem, too many sites with two many download links, no other coins have this.

Bter.com has a link and it is to bbqcoin.org

Devtome has the link as bbqcoin.org

BBQcoin.org IS the site to get the client from, so why can you not point that website for people to download the client from? Why just straight to the link? This only confuses users, is does not help them.

Do you hate bbqcoin.org or something? We got BQC from worth nothing onto two exchanges and a third is in the works already.
mrvegad

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:03:51 PM

I have nothing against the. org site, i thought it would be the easiest for people to click on the link and have them go directly to the download.  The link i posted will always show the newest client correct?  We are trying to work with you but all you do is complain about everything.  I will update the link with more information,  will that make you happy?
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:31:36 PM

I have nothing against the. org site, i thought it would be the easiest for people to click on the link and have them go directly to the download.  The link i posted will always show the newest client correct?  We are trying to work with you but all you do is complain about everything.  I will update the link with more information,  will that make you happy?

I just don't know why you don't update the link to the client website? That helps a lot more, as I am sure you are aware of SEO?

BBQcoin.org needs all the backlinks that it can get right now, I thought you would have already known this?
mrvegad

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:40:54 PM

I just don't know why you don't update the link to the client website? That helps a lot more, as I am sure you are aware of SEO?

BBQcoin.org needs all the backlinks that it can get right now, I thought you would have already known this?

Alright done.

Since it is an open source project will the source code for the new client be available?  I didn't see it on the download page?  Hiw about a Linux client.?
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:21:20 PM

The source code is on the main page for anyone and everyone to download, it always has been.

Like I have said before, bbqcoin.org has never claimed to "own" bbqcoin, that is impossible, we just develop and support it and concentrate mainly on client developments, including getting it added on exchanges.

Clients can be complied from this code, both Windows and Linux.
mrvegad

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:34:44 PM

The source code is on the main page for anyone and everyone to download, it always has been.

Like I have said before, bbqcoin.org has never claimed to "own" bbqcoin, that is impossible, we just develop and support it and concentrate mainly on client developments, including getting it added on exchanges.

Clients can be complied from this code, both Windows and Linux.

So if i complied the source code that is linked on the. org site it will give me all the updates that are in the 0.6.3 update?
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:57:54 PM

Or you could just download the client that is already compiled.

I just had a PM on BTCTalk with nothing but a link in the PM, it is a very interesting read.

http://cryptocointalk.com/blog/1/entry-4-trouble-on-the-bbq-coin/
mrvegad

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:05:08 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 05:38:26 PM by mrvegad

I just had a PM on BTCTalk with nothing but a link in the PM, it is a very interesting read.

so there are going to be updates to the client but the source code for the updates isn't going to be released?  so much for open source. Now we know who really wants to control it.

In relation to the article you should find out the connection between bbq.com and the foundation.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:43:51 PM

so there are going to be updates to the client but the source code for the updates isn't going to be released?  so much for open source. Now we know who really wants to control it.

In relation to the article you should find out the connection between bbq.com and the foundation.

I did not write the article, you would have to ask them.

When the client gets updated, it gets updated by the updated source. The way it works is your make changes and updates to the source and then compile the client from that. the source code is always upto date.
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:58:10 PM

the official website bbqcoin.org looks good and professional now, nothing to complain anymore, good work Chad.

Now if everyone would stop moaning and start mining it would be better for BQC.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:23:29 PM

the official website bbqcoin.org looks good and professional now, nothing to complain anymore, good work Chad.

Now if everyone would stop moaning and start mining it would be better for BQC.

Thanks mate, it means a lot too me.

Now full steam ahead getting this coin up where it deserves to go.
chunkatuff

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:31:18 PM

the only thing that immediately annoys me about the design of bbqcoin.org right now is the tabs... home overlays the others and since there's no on-site page for them (yet) the others don't really exist like home does as the tabs would suggest
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:02:52 PM

the only thing that immediately annoys me about the design of bbqcoin.org right now is the tabs... home overlays the others and since there's no on-site page for them (yet) the others don't really exist like home does as the tabs would suggest

I see what you mean, like the menu links are all the external link and for forum is a subdomain.

There will be additions added to the site, I think a simple to follow guide page could be useful, maybe with the embedded YouTube Introduction guide video, which I will complete when my flat is quiet :-)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: