Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:26:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't use BitCoin  (Read 1124 times)
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

'That Guy'

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:25:26 AM

How many people here actually USE BitCoin and not just as a instrument of investment hoping to 'make it rich'? BitCoin isn't actually USED anywhere, besides a very few sites. Am I wrong? Post at least 10 sites (besides BitCoinStore.com) where you can buy things with BitCoin...

Don't mention that 'one bar in New York', etc. Where do YOU spend your coins?

...or are you, like everyone else, too afraid to use BitCoin due to getting scammed?

These are serious questions.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:28:37 AM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade
Kaepora

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:33:13 AM

How many people here actually USE BitCoin and not just as a instrument of investment hoping to 'make it rich'? BitCoin isn't actually USED anywhere, besides a very few sites. Am I wrong? Post at least 10 sites (besides BitCoinStore.com) where you can buy things with BitCoin...

...or are you, like everyone else, too afraid to use BitCoin due to getting scammed?

There are lots of places that accept bitcoin and people trade stuff for bitcoin also
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

'That Guy'

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:36:14 AM

touche

But who actually USES the sites? Anyone?

How is anyone protected if there product or service isn't delivered? Really supposed to 'trust' people?
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:46:26 AM

BitFunder.com
BTCT.co
MPEX.co
bitmit.net
bitcointalk.org - I have bought stuff in the marketplace section or sold services.
bitbet.us
satoshidice.com
bitvps.com
namecheap.com
wordpress.org

Some of these sites even have volumes on them so you can see how much people are actually using bitcoins.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the Silk Road, but I don't have their website memorized, you can find it somewhere on the TOR network.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
NeedsBitcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:28:10 AM

I've bought bitcoin magazine.
I've tried btcstore.com, bitcoin bundle.
I regularly get stuff from bitmit.net (I even almost got scammed but bitmit gave me back my BTC), and now humble bundle twice.
I've also donated to various places, archive.org, etc.
BitCoinNewGuy (OP)

'That Guy'

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:31:50 AM

I even almost got scammed but bitmit gave me back my BTC

Exactly, so easy to 'get scammed'.
NeedsBitcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:41:21 AM

Bitmit.net has an escrow service, some auction I won the user claimed they shipped it and then didn't respond to messages, and then other users started giving them negative reviews, so I contacted bitmit and they refunded it instantly.

It other cases I would say you need to trust the reputation of the store, buy a few small things.

To me, I hate giving my credit card, I've had my card locked so many times and having to call the bank to unlock it is just annoying. I even one time didn't unlock it for like a month and they finally called me and claimed that someone in another state used the card a couple of days ago to order stuff (when I have not been able to use my own card!) and they sat there asking me what charges were mine.
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:57:31 AM

BitFunder.com
BTCT.co
MPEX.co
bitmit.net
bitcointalk.org - I have bought stuff in the marketplace section or sold services.
bitbet.us
satoshidice.com
bitvps.com
namecheap.com
wordpress.org

Some of these sites even have volumes on them so you can see how much people are actually using bitcoins.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the Silk Road, but I don't have their website memorized, you can find it somewhere on the TOR network.

Don't forget Mars One - http://mars-one.com/en/donate

worldinacoin

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:59:49 AM

Well I used to spend quite a lot of Bitcoins buying GPUs for mining previously.   But hardly get to spend any now.   The prices of Bitcoin keep going up.  Saving it and looking for some stability first. 
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:03:17 AM

I use them regularly at Namecheap.

Unfortunately the last time I did this in large volumes was when bitcoin was only worth $44.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:06:32 AM

I mostly buy things from Bitmit, and some food & drinks in local hackerspace.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:11:39 AM

http://www.bitcointrading.com/forum/spend-bitcoins/online-stores-accepting-bitcoins/

plus I think a lot of people use bitcoin.  I've done 1000's of transactions, I use it for all possible daily transactions.  using Paypal is just horrible to deal with on a regular basis so sometimes I have no choice but to use Bitcoin.

But on the other hand, it's hard to get money into Bitcoin generally, and I'm long BTC so if I have the ability to pay via Paypal or Bitcoin I always choose Paypal since I don't have to spend my precious Bitcoin!  Smiley

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:12:01 AM

Feel free to check out the honest traders thread, or even sift through all the trolling in my post history and note the numerous transactions I myself have made, buying and selling with private parties, as well as businesses that accept crypto.
btc_foodler

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:48:44 AM

If you live in the US in an area we service, try Foodler to get Pizza, Chinese, and more delivered in an hour.

https://www.foodler.com/user/Bitcoin.do
laissez

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:10:38 AM

I think the real question is how many places accept bitcoin compared to a year ago. It might be interesting to see a month by month graph of some kind.
worldinacoin

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:18:18 AM

If you live in the US in an area we service, try Foodler to get Pizza, Chinese, and more delivered in an hour.

https://www.foodler.com/user/Bitcoin.do

Are you from Foodler?  If yes, I would really like to compliment you on providing such a service with Bitcoin!  Looks real great!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3269

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:25:59 AM

There are about 55,000 transactions per day. Every transaction is somebody spending their bitcoins on something. Take a look at this chart: http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:04:45 AM

There are about 55,000 transactions per day. Every transaction is somebody spending their bitcoins on something. Take a look at this chart: http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

That is patently false. Way back when, I could move my funds back and forth from two different wallets 55,000 times and not spend a satoshi on anything (ah, the days before mandatory transaction fees). Now it would get expensive, but I guarantee a sizeable chunk of those funds aren't being spent on services or products.
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:29:25 AM

There's plenty of places accepting bitcoins for ASIC-related kit. Does it count as spending your coins if you spend them on something that will generate them right back into your wallet?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: