Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:45:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't use BitCoin  (Read 1124 times)
axefrog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:36:18 AM

I'll use my Bitcoins as soon as I need to buy something that happens to be available to purchase in Bitcoins. I won't buy things *just because* they're available to buy as Bitcoins.
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:25:29 AM

bitcoin for buying things and fiat for fiat
btc_foodler

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:19:44 PM

If you live in the US in an area we service, try Foodler to get Pizza, Chinese, and more delivered in an hour.

https://www.foodler.com/user/Bitcoin.do

Are you from Foodler?  If yes, I would really like to compliment you on providing such a service with Bitcoin!  Looks real great!

I am.  Thanks.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:24:13 PM

How many people here actually USE BitCoin and not just as a instrument of investment hoping to 'make it rich'? BitCoin isn't actually USED anywhere, besides a very few sites. Am I wrong? Post at least 10 sites (besides BitCoinStore.com) where you can buy things with BitCoin...

There are about 55,000 transactions per day. Every transaction is somebody spending their bitcoins on something. Take a look at this chart: http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

That is patently false. Way back when, I could move my funds back and forth from two different wallets 55,000 times and not spend a satoshi on anything (ah, the days before mandatory transaction fees). Now it would get expensive, but I guarantee a sizeable chunk of those funds aren't being spent on services or products.

I would guess that a bit more than half the transactions I send are to myself, moving from one wallet to another, and that is not even counting the change I get back with almost every transaction I send.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:26:35 PM

I'll use my Bitcoins as soon as I need to buy something that happens to be available to purchase in Bitcoins. I won't buy things *just because* they're available to buy as Bitcoins.
This.
But the first thing to buy with Bitcoins for me has arrived, I will buy the new Humble Indie Bundles with Bitcoins now.
Radamus

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

I think that once the price gets a little more stable I might use them to buy things. For right now, I'm posting here trying to get up to the right number of posts so I can get in on the ASIC group buy. That counts, right?
juanse1000100

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:53:43 PM

touche

But who actually USES the sites? Anyone?

How is anyone protected if there product or service isn't delivered? Really supposed to 'trust' people?

You have to trust with fiat too and you arent complaining about it
bantam

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

That is patently false. Way back when, I could move my funds back and forth from two different wallets 55,000 times and not spend a satoshi on anything (ah, the days before mandatory transaction fees). Now it would get expensive, but I guarantee a sizeable chunk of those funds aren't being spent on services or products.

Is there any way to capture what fraction of transactions represent BTC being spent vs gambled/shifted between addresses? That seems like an impossibly large task to me right now, but I'd be curious if anyone's attempted to ballpark this.
jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:19:18 AM

I am still mining, currently have too little Bitcoin to use them Sad

staal

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:00:15 AM

Stored for future.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:26:12 AM

I'll be using foodler today and I'm pretty excited about it and will use it as much as possible.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: