Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:06:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin + ChatRoulette  (Read 4316 times)
Bimmerhead (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 04:52:38 PM

I realize ChatRoulette hasn't met the expectations it was generating in the winter of 2010, but it is still a top 10,000 website.  I think bitcoin would be a good fit for ChatRoulette: it allows 'viewers' to reward 'performers' anonymously (I'm thinking card tricks and piano improv here, not what you guys are thinking).

Andrey Ternovskiy could skim his percentage from each transaction and finally have a way of monetizing his monster.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 04:54:42 PM

Sounds like another use for a tip jar Smiley

Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 05:15:51 PM

Sounds like another use for a tip jar Smiley

Exactly.  Is it possible to enter some text on your ChatRoulette profile page or something...?   Where you could post your Tip Jar Bitcoin Address...?

I just now added ChatRoulette to the http://bitcoinpromote.com page.   

Keep those suggested ideas for sites / merchants / organizations which should accept Bitcoin coming!  Also, you can help out by emailing me with more details to fill out the "details fields" that are missing information too.   Thanks!
Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 05:46:46 PM

(I'm thinking card tricks and piano improv here, not what you guys are thinking).

I could see this going interesting places.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
Bimmerhead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2010, 05:49:59 PM

Exactly.  Is it possible to enter some text on your ChatRoulette profile page or something...?   Where you could post your Tip Jar Bitcoin Address...?

ChatRoulette doesn't have profiles as it is anonymous.  Which makes bitcoin such a suitable match.  Perhaps some sort of browser extension could handle the needed technology, but ideally it would be built in to ChatRoulette itself so that it received wide exposure.

I think the founder and investors have been having a difficult time monetizing ChatRoulette... here is a solution for them.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2010, 08:29:41 PM

I'm thinking card tricks and piano improv here, not what you guys are thinking

i wouldn't mind tipping to see what i'm thinking about Cheesy

bober182

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2010, 09:26:40 PM

omegle.com Huh
but wont this just become people whoring out boob shots for bitcoins?

Bimmerhead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2010, 09:52:43 PM

omegle.com Huh
but wont this just become people whoring out boob shots for bitcoins?
There'll be some of that, but right now they're doing it for free.

I think it will be slightly amazing what could happen if monetization were possibly.  I'm constantly amazed at the human talent on display at YouTube.  I think some of that talent could make an appearance on CR if they thought they could make money from it.
Anonymous

December 12, 2010, 09:55:39 PM

Your bitcoin address would be your account number.

That's as simple as it needs to be.
Bimmerhead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2010, 02:32:40 AM

I'm liking this idea... I've started a related thread under Project Development here:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2229.0
Bitpoulsy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 09:38:53 PM

Yeah it sounds like a good idea. It'll mostly be people showing off themselves for Bitcoin, but maybe it'll force people to be more fun in the end. There is some other sites where you could try like omegle and Bazoocam.
Bimmerhead (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 02:05:04 PM

hummmm, admin I think the last two posts are spammers...
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 02:29:48 PM

There are programs that allow you to overlay stuff to your live webcam feed, would be kinda pain to manually write down a Bitcoin address though...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: