Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HORIZON (HZ) New ANN thread  (Read 1866 times)
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 11:07:32 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 07:34:28 AM by markm

The old ANN thread for HORIZON (HZ) was https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785.0 but it was locked.

As of this writing HZ is not listed on any exchanges as far as I know.

However the HORIZON network is still working and still in use, in particular it is in use by the Galactic Milieu.

As well as this new ANN thread, a Discussion thread for HORIZON (HZ) has been created at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2197970

There are a few little glitches that have been discovered in the course of actually using HORIZON, those and the fixing of them will be discussed in the discussion thread.

In particular it has been observed that after creating a few currencies it became impossible to create the remaining items the Milieu needed as currencies so it was necessary to create them in the form of assets instead.

Then when we attempted to transfer some quantities of assets using the eight decimals the assets had been defined as having, it was discovered that the system did not recognise the values as numbers; it turns out that somehow the client ignores or changes the locale you run it under and wants a comma instead of a period as decimal-separator.

Please do not clutter this thread with posts about such things, the discussion thread has been created for that purpose.

I see the old announcement thread has been vandalised as well as locked; so you might want to join my site http://LFM.knotwork.com/ for links and/or downloads of the coin clients and servers I actually use, including the HORIZON that I am actually using.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
halicarton

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:59:47 AM

Hi, @markm
is this  coin a old one? So what 's your role played in this coin project? a  bagholder or a developer,or  just a supporter?

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 07:27:24 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2023, 11:00:59 AM by markm

I began using HORIZON for game currencies and assets, and was in midst of porting them over from Open Transactions when HORIZON's thread was locked and it was no longer listed on any exchanges that I know of.

For game purposes it is actually kind of ideal that the game is now the main user of the platform, as maybe it will make it less likely that folks will forget that these currencies and assets are part of or associated with a game. Smiley

I was one of the developers of DeVCoin, and had implemented the "big seven" galactic currencies before that, before any other altcoin except possibly namecoin; I implemented them by making for each of them a bitcoin client whose testnet support had been modified to run the new currency instead of the testnet, so that each nation or Corp could have a bitcoin client that could simply by setting a commandline switch be used for their own new currency.

Eventually, even with merged mining coming along, it was realised that securing a blockchain with Proof of Work is insanely expensive, so we migrated the currencies to Open Transactions; now we are migrating to HORIZON.

I also created GRouPcoin, initially as something to modify and play with to try out ways we might approach what we wanted for DeVCoin, but once DeVCoin was finalised we modified GRouPcoin back to a simple bitcoin-clone that just keeps minting 50 coins per block forever instead of having periodic halving. When we migrated the other galactic coins to Open Transactions we left GRouPcoin as a blockchain to serve as a kind of weather-vane or canary-in-the-mine to see whether, given merged mining, securing a proof of work chain might actually be feasible, so that if it turned out that it was we could migrate the other galactic currencies back to being blockchains; but so far it is still not looking good for GRouPcoin as a "secure" blockchain. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:15:00 AM

Hey, Mark!

Any news regarding HZ takeover/revive?
Herdz

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:12:53 PM

Please revive the Hz coin
We love to this on exchange
Cryptoby

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 09:00:43 PM

Is this a revival of an old coin?

Thanks in advance for the answer Smiley ...

SKYWAY New Generation of world transport system
Over 400 Billion $ estimated value of intellectual property | At 10th stage of development | 1000% and more possible
Website | Video | Businessplan | Broschure | Register | Sign up & Invest now
samreader1

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:48:14 PM

Is there a Web Horizon wallet still available? if you can share the link to the web wallet, I'd truly appreciate that!
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:32:49 PM

Is there a Web Horizon wallet still available? if you can share the link to the web wallet, I'd truly appreciate that!
I posted some nodes here,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819971.msg30640686#msg30640686

http://nhz.ydns.eu have an public wallet

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:54:22 PM

thank you .

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
ifinta

Activity: 732
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:57:25 AM

Just to know - I created earlier a fork of horizon sources Smiley

https://github.com/ifinta/hz-source

Just to save this useful information...

strauberyg

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:29:40 PM

I read the information above and it looks like a comprehensive project, I hope to invest it a little bit. A lot of potential is here for these project Grin
matinauthherll

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:10:22 PM

Can you tell us more about upcoming projects? I wanted to know more about white paper
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

I would like to know more about the project, as well as what happened to him. Who are the people who interfere with its development? Does the esteemed developer have a worthy team that is able to further develop the project? What further plans?
kryptorynekPL

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:15:40 PM

This is a  good old coin.

I can help in creating a new website.

markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 03:58:28 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2023, 11:04:18 AM by markm

Quite some time ago, when I first tried to use the "Currencies" feature of HORIZON, I managed to create just a few currencies then after that no matter what I tried to name a currency the system always rejected it as already in use.

I thus continued inputting the coins and shares the game uses, and only just now have I finally gotten around to actually trying to use one of the currencies that I did manage to create.

I tried exchanges and offers, and they just do not seem to work. Each account is seeing only its own buy or sell inputs, none of anyone else's, no matching is happening.

So basically it looks like currencies are totally broken.

So I am now going to have to re-issue the things that I had managed to issue as currencies, making them as assets instead.

I suppose this is just as well actually since breaking up your holdings into separate categories, assets vs currencies, is a bit awkward anyway.

If players run a HORIZON node, it is a good idea to include at least dvcstable01.dvcnode.org, dvcstable2.dvcnode.org and dvcstable06.dvcnode.org as well known nodes, to ensure you manage to get onto the same network as the rest of the players. (It is unfortunately true that only one of those is actually on line right now but hopefully they will be coming back online eventually.)

The source code that I and most other players that I am aware of run is available for download inside my http://LFM.knotwork.com site, and the pages I am building about assets, both those implemented on HORIZON and those implemented on STELLAR, are on my http://MakeMoney.knotwork.com site.

Pages of historical prices of assets are still those at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html (it calls them Open Transactions assets but we are migrating from Open Transactions to HORIZON and STELLAR).

Wiki pages about the game start at http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=galactic_milieu though I am not positive all the pages about the game can be reached following links from article to article; all the pages I authored are listed under my username on that wiki, which is knotwork.

Keep in mind that it is a game, and even maybe currently still somewhat closer to being a prototype for a game than an actual finished product game.

Basically the focus of development has been forced more and more into economics, using free open source components to weave together a multiverse whose economics might hopefully eventually enable the game to be able to finance development of such modifications and "glue" as might be ideally desired to make all the components work together more smoothly, and eventually to start serious work on a fully immersive virtual reality interface into the game multiverse.

-MarkM-

dmnq

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 10:11:15 AM

I managed to sync my client. To help you:

1) Edit (or create) the file: %appdata%\Horizon\conf\nhz.properties

(for instance: C:\Users\__YOURUSERNAME__\AppData\Roaming\Horizon\conf\nhz.properties )

2) Add this:

nhz.defaultPeers=lfm.knotwork.com; nhz.woll-e.net; crossciv.no-ip.org; nhz.ydns.eu

3) Restart the client.
markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 06:43:50 AM

Great, thanks!

I realised that because my dvcstable01.dvcnode.org server also runs my LFM.knotwork.com website, the HORIZON node on that machine is configured to announce itself as LFM.knotwork.com instead of as dvcstable01.dvcnode.org; and I am not sure whether that causes problems for folks who just add dvcstable01, dvcstable02 and dvcstable06 on the dvcnode.org domain, especially with dvcstable02 and dvcstable06 being offline nowadays.

By the way I have noticed that the buy and sell offers do not let you use fractions in the price (in HZ coins).

This is a big problem for coins such as DeVCoin (DVC) which probably tends to be cheaper than HZ is.

On DeVCoin's thread we are considering issuing a DeVCoin bounty to get that fixed.

It kind of seems likely to be dead simple to do, probably just removing the popup that pops up when you try to type a period (decimal point) or comma into the price field; but its been a few years now since I last had a java development environment set up and familiarity with how to build with it so the fact that even if I made the probably trivial change I would then have to build the thing means it might take me a while to ever get around to doing it myself.

I am thinking it is probably trivial because (1) you can send HZ to people using eight decimal places; and (2) HORIZON is a clone of NXT and I am pretty sure NXT lets you use fractions of a NXT in prices, though I do not actually have NXT installed anymore. (I looked at it back when choosing a platform, but chose HORIZON and STELLAR rather than NXT and Ripple because they were cheaper to use and because Ripple didn't even have a real client anymore as far as I could tell, becoming a centralised big-brother know-your-customer anti-terrorism pawn of the establishment whereas STELLAR you can actually use the way the original Ripple (whose name the new Ripple folks bought) was intended, that is, to trade arbitrary IOUs among friends. (Like, IOU dinner, you owe me five beers, she owes us a drive, or whatever arbitrary IOUs friends want to invent and trade amongst themselves.)

-MarkM-

markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 09:42:43 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2023, 11:07:04 AM by markm

I tracked that "Fractions not allowed" problem all the way to html/ui/js/nrs.assetexchange.js

In there it sets the number of decimals for everything except quantity to 8 minus the number of decimals in the quantity.

That means it is only assets that have 8 decimals themselves that do not allow any decimals in the price-in-HZ field.

Of course most coins do have 8 decimals, so this glitch prevents most coins from having a price less than 1 HZ as well as preventing them from having a price per coin that has decimals in HZ.

Maybe the coder was thinking you are inputting the price per quantity rather than the price per unit for each unit of the given quantity or something like that.

However, I tried changing 8 minus decimals to just 8, and even after restarting the server nothing changed.

So it looks like maybe that .js script file is not actually loaded when a browser hits the page but, rather, is somehow cached or accumulated somewhere so that my new copy did not actually go into effect. Maybe some part of the build process to build the server bundles all those .js files into one place or some other such thing that means the actual .js file I modified is not live but needs to be compiled in or incorporated into something during the build process or something.

I did refresh my browser tab and log in again after restarting the server to try to ensure it was not my browser somehow retaining the unmodified .js script.

So my progress so far is I think I know what I need to change but I have not discovered how to make my change actually go into effect.

-MarkM-

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:37:43 AM

I tracked that "Fractions not allowed" problem all the way to html/ui/js/nrs.assetexchange.js

In there it sets the number of decimals for everything except quantity to 8 minus the number of decimals in the quantity.

That means it is only assets that have 8 decimals themselves that do not allow any decimals in the price-in-HZ field.

Of course most coins do have 8 decimals, so thgis glitch prevents most coins from having a price less than 1 HZ as well as preventing them from having a price per coin that has decimals in HZ.

Maybe the coder was thinking you are inputting the price per quantity rather than the price per unit for each unit of the given quantity or something like that.

However, I tried changing 8 minus decimals to just 8, and even after restarting the server nothing changed.

So it looks like maybe that .js script file is not actually loaded when a browser hits the page but, rather, is somehow cached or accumulated somewhere so that my new copy did not actually go into effect. Maybe some part of the build process to build the server bundles all those .js files into one place or some other such thing that means the actual .js file I modified is not live but needs to be compiled in or incorporated into something during the build process or something.

I did refresh my browser tab and log in again after restarting the server to try to ensure it was not my browser somehow retaining the unmodified .js script.

So my progress so far is I think I know what I need to change but I have not discovered how to make my change actually go into effect.

-MarkM-

Nice use case for an abandoned NXT clone!

I was involved with the other NXT clone that merged with HZ - forget the name right now, had a Phoenix logo (may have been called 'Phoenix', cant remember), but it was a community takeover of another NXT clone ICO exit scam, hence the name...
HZ itself was a shady deal, the lead guy (not dev) Pizpie is a slimy scamming weasel w/o any tech competence, and he took over another failed NXT clone (NHZ, New Horizon), renamed it to HZ and just tried to latch on to that creepy Bitnation scheme, but that seems to have evaporated too  Cheesy
in any case, NXT is solid tech, and it is a cute move to use it for gaming stuff!
markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 03:24:25 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2023, 11:09:23 AM by markm

Does NXT have this weird thing about the decimals?

You do get warned when creating an asset that it is best to use 2 to 6 decimals, but it does not tell you WHY, and since normal bitcoin-type coins all have 8 decimals I naturally used 8 for tokens representing such coins.

I am trying to decide what to do now; I could issue duplicate assets but with less decimals, or I could find out how to make my attempted change go into effect, or I could maybe even just start from scratch with a new blockchain with a fresh new clone of the latest NXT or somesuch code...

I am wondering whether just going ahead with my change would be a good idea or lead to compounding series of math errors or something.

The DISTRIBUTION of HZ was nice, the way anyone could get some when they started it just by running a node.

If I started from a fresh new empty blockchain the game would start with all the coins, which could have advantages but might not be viewed favourably by the players.

-MarkM-

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: