Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What about a global cryptocurrency exchange ?  (Read 205 times)
nikovv1 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:42:15 AM

I wanted to create my own cryptocurrency. Fine, just download the software, install it on the server and you are done. But to get it listed, I have to pay Cryptopia 40,000 USD !!!! What the hell ? Is this service really worth so much money? So, I thought about this:

What if we create a cryptocurrency exchange , which would be as big as Forex market , where listing and exchanging your currency there would be free, or if not free, very cheap, same as cheap as registering domain name. After all, it is not a big deal to create a currency exchange, or is it ?? If blockchain technology is going to help us to remove intermediaries out of the way this is a perfect case for it. And it is not going to be owned by anyone , it will be a community project, so no player with big power would monopolize cryptocurrency exchange.

Is there any initiative about such thing already going on ? Maybe such project is already in development and I am late to the party, as always? Or maybe this is an impossible thing to do? I am new to this and I would appreciate your comments.

p.s.
References:
Lol yes.

I just bought the 1M and now I see 5M!!??

What is this?

close to 10 BTC for listing a coin? 40.000$?

It must be a joke or a mistake....
The price is determined by our capacity to list a coin. If too many listings come in and we can't keep up, the price goes up and we do our best to catch up on the backlog. If the backlog clears, we lower the price.
If you want to get your coin listed now while we're under load, then you can pay the current price. Or you can try and wait until the price goes back down.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1484
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6178

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:43:13 PM

We already have such a project under development (decentralized): https://bisq.network/ (aka BitSquare)
The thing with decentralized and open source projects is that there is a lack of funding so developers may work on it for some time but eventually give up in most cases or you will notice a slow development process. If the exchange was centralized however, you will see investors interested because they will see profit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████