Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Dimon bashes Bitcoin again  (Read 1372 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:28:30 PM

Maybe banks start to loose clients and they feel endangered because of cryptocurrencies.
no mate its another strategy to invest silently inside crypto while they are holding peoples money they will place it inside crypto and safely
earned while the market of crypto is shaken bankers are just playing around and take advantage of it, that's how wise businessman thinks
so better to think before we react.
Merovius

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 05:33:15 PM

I wonder if he realizes the words coming out of his month are negatively affecting his own employees as well as JP Morgans customers? The first house in the usa was purchased with bitcoin.  The customer, agent, and title company said it was the easiest closing they ever did 10 minutes and money was available.  it was in Texas if u want to check me.  so he is very scared.  The banks would normally be right in the middle.  Jamie should be figuring out a way to embrace it not try to bully over it.  People are tired of being bullied by these greedy people.  This is perfect time to get in if u have been on the fence. 

Yes, I saw the story about the house being purchased with bitcoin a couple of days ago -- this was an important milestone. The story is here for those who want to check it:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/first-bitcoin-only-real-estate-transaction-completed-in-texas

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-20/somebody-just-bought-house-bitcoin

bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:41:30 PM

Maybe banks start to loose clients and they feel endangered because of cryptocurrencies.
no mate its another strategy to invest silently inside crypto while they are holding peoples money they will place it inside crypto and safely
earned while the market of crypto is shaken bankers are just playing around and take advantage of it, that's how wise businessman thinks
so better to think before we react.

You have understood about it better because the this is the strategy business people for and try to hold the economical shares of the any project. He bought million worth of bitcoin and bashes the same means it is not good at all. Just fuck out these kind of the people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:55:31 PM

Well he could be right about governments. They definitely like to keep their money close, and want to know where it comes from and where it goes, and bitcoin causes a very big problem for them, so if it gets to big they will act. The thing is, unless you live in a very strict country, I don't think they will say it is illegal. But take a look to Venezuela, where mining is not even illegal, and they are still chased by the police.
So for me, most countries will find other ways to collect taxes from it. Japan is doing a fine job in using bitcoins, so maybe the majority of the world will be able to act like them.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:09:06 PM

Well he could be right about governments. They definitely like to keep their money close, and want to know where it comes from and where it goes, and bitcoin causes a very big problem for them, so if it gets to big they will act. The thing is, unless you live in a very strict country, I don't think they will say it is illegal. But take a look to Venezuela, where mining is not even illegal, and they are still chased by the police.
So for me, most countries will find other ways to collect taxes from it. Japan is doing a fine job in using bitcoins, so maybe the majority of the world will be able to act like them.

Maybe they will follow Japan, but not at the moment. Think that most wait to see how will it be with them, after all they are first to fully adopt bitcoin in every day payment.
BUt tricky part will be government in all possible way, yes, they like to keep money close but we are in technological era and almost everything is send online, maybe they are considering and trying to create some alternate or some government blockchian, have someone consider this as option.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Social_Cryptonetix

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 07:39:42 PM

I have said it before and will say this again, you need to read things between the lines. They are not billionaires by miracles; they are there by brains, so they don’t put time into stupid comments unless it’s worth something.

It doesn’t matter what he said, there is always a different purpose for these things which not many are able to read.

~Cryptonetix.com~
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:14:04 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/bitcoin-jpmorgans-jamie-dimon-lays-into-bitcoin-again.html

This time he says it is "worth nothing" because it was made out of thin air.  He also talks about the importance of government backing in a currency and says again that Bitcoin will "end badly".  And adds that more governments will move to shut it down.

I wish a reporter would ask him about the discovery that JPM was trading Bitcoin after he said he'd fire everyone he caught trading Bitcoin.

This man again spitting this, I guess this is a form of coordinated attack against bitcoin but unfortunately for them, it wont stand and I guess we gave him the relevance because the last crash was credited to him which gave him the honor that his opinion really mattered in the scheme of things and with that, he saw it as an opportunity to launch further attack against bitcoin.

Earlier in the day, I read about a case filed against him and I now wish that should just go through and make him as a bad example to those who choose to run their mouth badly and now he is not only speaking for himself, but equally for governments.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 08:15:41 PM

And time to retire, bad mouthing Bitcoin while JPM buys Bitcoin on the dip is market manipulation! You guys better, Do not listen to this person. I'm already started ignore this shit.
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:20:39 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/bitcoin-jpmorgans-jamie-dimon-lays-into-bitcoin-again.html

This time he says it is "worth nothing" because it was made out of thin air.  He also talks about the importance of government backing in a currency and says again that Bitcoin will "end badly".  And adds that more governments will move to shut it down.

I wish a reporter would ask him about the discovery that JPM was trading Bitcoin after he said he'd fire everyone he caught trading Bitcoin.
I've read this news too. This guy must be afraid of bitcoin's total success. He must be protecting a personal interest that endangers with bitcoin's victory.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:23:34 AM

Unfortunately, he's regarded in the financial world as somewhat of a hero.  He's the CEO of JP Morgan Chase, a huge US bank, but is best known for standing up to congress during the "bailout" hearings of 2009ish when congress was frothing at the mouth to find a villian at the banks to pin that on.  But he's not a clean player, either, JPM has been fined for their actions in the financial crisis.  But, unfortunately, his status makes people listen to him.  He's pretty influential. 

Found that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Dimon entry, NYSE: JPM even beeing the biggest and he is their president. Parents had been immigrants, he seems to have made it by himself. Survived cancer three years ago. Have to dig into this, usually celebrity from the banking universe isn't my primary focus. Crypto basically opened a formerly unkown small universe of money matters to me.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:27:38 AM

oh well here we go again but i think that dimon is using this opportunity just to make nore money by just critizing bitcoin and will result to price crash and he will seize the opportunity to buy more bitcoins but he thinks that his word can make the bitcoin price go down so he did it again but i don't think it will gonna work again why? this month's huge crash was result of china' s banning on exchanges and ICO.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:12:30 PM

Overall, no impact. Let them voice out their thoughts or so called FUD. We have freedom of speech.

On the positive note, do they really think they can wrecked the moral of bitcoin investors by spreading negative thoughts. Are they powerful enough to do it? They are nothing compared to BCH developers which is way more impact than them in terms of creating FUD.
That person want to start a new business in digital currency so he spreads rumors like that bitcoin had made many investors rich if this was fraud no one will be so confident on investing in bitcoins.so don’t listen to such kind of people they don’t just want to see the popularity of bitcoins.

jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:40:05 PM

He wasn't happy enough with the recent dip reaching only as low as $3K. He expected it to go down further to $2K for him to buy more btc so he did another trick. How predictable for a guy of his standard being a CEO and all. Go ahead Mr. CEO! Have fun bad mouthing btc and we'll be here eating popcorn while we watch your show. Grin

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
StockBet.com

Activity: 322

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:48:26 PM

Three Wall St pros have joined in to take the other side of Jamie Dimon:

Josh Brown of CNBC
Gormn, CEO of Morgan Stanley
Analyst from McQuarie

Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:51:53 PM

I thing all of this popular peoples who are saying wrong things about bitcoin are making profits from this. They contact a big investor than they post something wrong about bitcoin. When the price falls investors buy bitcoins because they know the pricw will grow again. Thats how I see the situation

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
thebanker28

Activity: 303

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:58:49 PM

Oh dear. Well Jamie, try your best - history will tell and I am marking these moments down for future posterity to show my kids as an example of why not to listen to the establishment every time. "You will go to jail" Talk a bout a FUD spreading twat!!!!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dolan564

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:59:19 PM

hah, this guy just doesn't want his job to be irrelevant when BTC gains traction.
wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:09:00 PM

He wasn't happy enough with the recent dip reaching only as low as $3K. He expected it to go down further to $2K for him to buy more btc so he did another trick. How predictable for a guy of his standard being a CEO and all. Go ahead Mr. CEO! Have fun bad mouthing btc and we'll be here eating popcorn while we watch your show. Grin

Hehe, indeed. His action is too easy to be predicted... Grin

If Bitcoin ever further dip below to $2K - I'm also won't miss out the chance to grab more of it lol

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:17:05 PM

Even I went through an article about Jamie Dimon again trying to bash Bitcoins. While his interview with CNBC India he said "It is creating something out of nothing which is worth nothing to me", he also added Bitcoin is a kind of novelty and people think they are kind of neat but the government will shut them the bigger they get. I don't know what really has to be said about this, China also banned Bitcoin recently so this adds up to Jamie's point. And from what I have heard is many employees of JP Morgan were kicked after knowing about their bitcoin trades. I don't think this time the bitcoin prices would go down or maybe go down again.
ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:33:30 PM

Who cares , if you believe bitcoin will become something it doesn't matter what 1 guy says.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: