Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:01:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?  (Read 1928 times)
catapult (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:06:44 PM

Hello!

How BTC's price change? What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:46:56 PM

I am also new here but based on I what have read and my own understanding, it's affected by how much people buy bitcoins and how they use it. With the transactions I think prices move that is why when people buy more bitcoins there will be less or limited count of bitcoin then prices will increase.
aanbudi

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:55:23 PM

The factor that makes the price of Bitcoin, that is good news. When there is good news about Bitcoin cooperation, Bitcoin Prices will go up. The second factor that keeps the price down is Bad News or FUD about Bitcoin. FUD is usually deliberately spread to tackle the price of Bitcoin. So, Bitcoin is very sensitive to both news.
Al Amin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:07:11 AM

I often hear that the price of botcoin can be influenced by some things. Every good news and bad. As well as supply and demand market. As market demand increases, Bitcoin prices will soar and if market demand declines, Bitcoin prices will slowly decline.

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:13:44 AM

The main factor that can affect the rise and fall of Bitcoin is the supply and demand. If the supply is low and the demand is high, there might be an increase in price and vice versa. The other factor is the news. Just like with the recent incident about the owner of JP Morgan. He spreaded fake news and the price suddenly collapsed. Good news will lead to price increase while bad news will make the price decrease.
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:54:35 AM

Supply and demand.

Like other commodities, more demand + rare supply = High prices.

I give you an example, let's assume bitcoin as wood:
Wood in the world is a rare, but many people need it, then the price will be more expensive.
If wood stocks are overflow, and demand is normal / fixed / down, the price is definitely down and could be "brutal" as well.
*Ignore mafia game
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:36:14 AM

It affects by how people mined and sell their coins, news is one of the causes why bitcoin fluctuates, for example if some news network broadcast some fake news that this year is the beginning of the downfall of the bitcoin and the government are in the move to ban the btc through their country (which is not true) then the people will start to panic selling their coins immediately making the market affects because of the demand of it, there are some factors to be considered but that is one of the major right now, how media affects us.
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:49:13 AM

The answer is simple. Many people are buying so the price of bitcoins is rising. And when falling down many people are selling their bitcoins. That's an easy explanation. But there is another explanation there. Just like banning china with ICOs / Exchanger. This has caused why bitcoins have fallen. And when it comes to growth it is a good cause. An example is that bitcoins are accepted as legal money in a particular country
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:52:22 AM

The good news and bad news about bitcoin is affecting has a factor on why bitcoin rise and fall. But the whales or the holders of big amounts of bitcoin I think has definitely a great factor on this. Some small holders easily panic and sell their bitcoin quickly but eventually the price goes up for not a long time.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:10:56 AM

it seems clear that good and bad news can affect bitcoin prices.
which I want to ask why is there a lot of bad news about bitcoin recently?
what is their purpose to spread the word?
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:14:50 AM

Hello! How BTC's price change? What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?

There are many factors that can affect the rise and fall of Bitcoin in the market. One, it is all about the mood of the market...where there seems to be a gloomy or some bad news are creeping then you should be expecting Bitcoin to slide its value. And with Bitcoin as well as other coins/tokens in cryptocurrency, there can be drastic movements even just within some seconds. This is what we called as volatility.

Now, on the other side, when the market is feeling the upbeat mood meaning there are good news in the cryptocurrency world and many people are positive then there a chance that the value would rise. However, we have to understand that sometimes the market can be reacting the other way around from our expectations and this is quite just natural (also happening to other markets aside from cryptocurrency).
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:23:10 AM

The good news and bad news about bitcoin is affecting has a factor on why bitcoin rise and fall. But the whales or the holders of big amounts of bitcoin I think has definitely a great factor on this. Some small holders easily panic and sell their bitcoin quickly but eventually the price goes up for not a long time.

media hits do have an effect on the price, but I think the real reason the price moves so much is that whales manipulate the price on the news. what im saying is, they exaggerate the price movements by dumping on bad news, in order to influence weaker hands into waiting buy orders. the dimon situation is a perfect example of this. and the news seems compiled to exaggerate the dips as well; they seem to release bad press in multiples lately Wink

but the apparent majority of weak hands certainly doesnt help.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:27:27 AM

treat bitcoin as a marketplace, where the law of supply and demand applies. when the demand rises, also is the price of bitcoin. to simply explain this, when more people buys bitcoin, the price rises and when more people sell bitcoin, it drops. Good luck in your future transactions.

catapult (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:18:35 PM

Thank you for the answers!

Good luck in your future transactions.

And thank you!
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:28:04 PM

It's based on the basic - Supply vs Demand  market. The less the supply the more is the demand thus the higher is the price and vise versa, more the supply but less demand caused the price to drop. Various external factors causes this supply demand. For example good news = more demand for bitcoin causes higher price. Bad news (recent china ban on exchange) causes less demand which decreases the price.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:45:09 PM

Hello!

How BTC's price change? What are the factors that affect the rise and fall of the BTC?
There are a lot of situations in which the price for bitcoin may go up or may be decreased. Even the transactions fees matters sometimes. If the network fees is too high then gradually the transactions will be decreased and the price for bitcoin may go up.

In a situation where many new peoples start investing in bitcoins then the price will gradually grow up. We found a similar situation some days before after the hardfork of August 1. The price for bitcoin is unstable and can change after any movement in the digital field.
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:50:15 PM

The demand of the people and the supply in the market. I think also the mining companies have some factors that affect the rise and fall of bitcoin.

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:45:51 PM

Hello!

For me there are two main factors affecting the rise and fall of bitcoins, first is the Law of Supply and Demand and second is thr News.

Let's say we set bitcoins as a bottled water in a desert, almost all of the people in the desert will buy it because water is a basic commodity there. If I'm the vendor of those bottled waters, I have the ability to increase its price knowing the fact that people can't resist not to buy my product (high demand). But when all the people already quench their thirst and already have the right supply of water, they will not buy my product anymore. Tendency, I have nothing to do but to decrease the price of bottled water and hope that there are still who wants to buy because of its low price. In short, if bitcoins are high in demand, its price will go up but if not, the price will go down. That's the Law of Supply and Demand.

On the other hand, News can also affect the price of btc whether if it's true or not and big or small. The best example is when the news spread that China is trying to ban ICOs in their country, the price of bitcoins are starting to decrease slowly at that time.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:22:08 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 05:56:36 AM by tbterryboy

I am also new here but based on I what have read and my own understanding, it's affected by how much people buy bitcoins and how they use it. With the transactions I think prices move that is why when people buy more bitcoins there will be less or limited count of bitcoin then prices will increase.
Your assumptions are quite true that it mainly depends on the number people buying bitcoins and how they are using it. In my opinion there are some other reasons that affect the rise and fall of prices of bitcoins as follows:
Number countries supporting bitcoins i.e. legalizing it their country.
Number of companies using bitcoins for online sale/purchase of products.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:54:01 AM

In my opinion there are 3 factors in the price of bitcoin.

1. It has lower inflation than the economy meanng it is design to rise in price
2. The price of the bitcoin like gold is relative to the trust in the banking system
3. It is highly speculative, so bubbles are a norm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: