Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:13:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger Nano S problem (cannot start Bitcoin Wallet)  (Read 1830 times)
Elange (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:38:49 PM

Hi.

I recently purchased the Ledger Nano S.

Here is what I've done (in this exact order):

1. Started Ethereum Wallet Chrome app, started Ethereum Wallet app in the device. Created Ethereum address, wallet works fine.

2. Installed ZCash Wallet onto the device, started Chrome Bitcoin app (which they use for ZCash in Ledgerwallet), created ZCash address, sync started, all works fine.

3. Tried to create a BTC wallet: started Chrome Bitcoin app (same one used for ZCash), started Bitcoin app on the device. I get this screen in the Chrome app when it asks me whether I want to use Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash, I chose Bitcoin. Then it asks if I want to create a legacy address or segwit address -- I chose segwit (tried the legacy option too). At this point (as I can see in Youtube videos) wallet syncronization is supposed to start. However, the Legacy/Segwit window just closes and I see the Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash window again. Nothing happens then. I can hit the "Bitcoin" button again, and it goes on forever.

I tried to remove the Bitcoin app from the device in order to reinstall it. But Ledger App manager won't let me do it (operation fails). Tried to plug/unplug/re-enter PIN many times, of course.

Ledgerwallet support wait time is about 2 weeks.

Does anyone have an idea what's happening? Please.

thanks.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 01:02:13 PM

You will probably get faster response posting your question at  https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/ the devs monitor reddit more than this forum. Hope this helps.

patrolmi

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:27:50 AM

I did the exact same thing--- I hope there's a fix. Sad
idontcare

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:39:47 AM

Hi. Did you manage to solve this problem?

Hi.

I recently purchased the Ledger Nano S.

Here is what I've done (in this exact order):

1. Started Ethereum Wallet Chrome app, started Ethereum Wallet app in the device. Created Ethereum address, wallet works fine.

2. Installed ZCash Wallet onto the device, started Chrome Bitcoin app (which they use for ZCash in Ledgerwallet), created ZCash address, sync started, all works fine.

3. Tried to create a BTC wallet: started Chrome Bitcoin app (same one used for ZCash), started Bitcoin app on the device. I get this screen in the Chrome app when it asks me whether I want to use Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash, I chose Bitcoin. Then it asks if I want to create a legacy address or segwit address -- I chose segwit (tried the legacy option too). At this point (as I can see in Youtube videos) wallet syncronization is supposed to start. However, the Legacy/Segwit window just closes and I see the Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash window again. Nothing happens then. I can hit the "Bitcoin" button again, and it goes on forever.

I tried to remove the Bitcoin app from the device in order to reinstall it. But Ledger App manager won't let me do it (operation fails). Tried to plug/unplug/re-enter PIN many times, of course.

Ledgerwallet support wait time is about 2 weeks.

Does anyone have an idea what's happening? Please.

thanks.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 01:43:20 AM

Try a new computer that might do the trick. I just got a nano 2 weeks ago on a windows 10 laptop works no problem I'm using BTC , ETC, NEO and a few more works like a charm. Good luck.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:45:54 PM

I tried to remove the Bitcoin app from the device in order to reinstall it. But Ledger App manager won't let me do it (operation fails).

Did you try to remove an application before trying to reinstall the BTC app again?
It sounds strange, but sometimes there just isn't enough space on the nano s (even if you had the app installed already).
Just uninstall an application and try to install BTC app again. The amount of applications which can be installed at the same time on the nano s varys from 3 to 5.
This depends on the size of the application. The fido u2f app, for example, is one of the biggest.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: