Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:10:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Motherboard suggestion  (Read 831 times)
NowakSotto (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

So im not so good with the motherboards.

I searching for suggestion of some to start my machine to mine.

Some with 3+ spaces for GPU.

And some suggestions for power supply to hold all that work.

Thanks
joshuajones02

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:13:28 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 04:39:40 PM by joshuajones02

Do not go with any MSI motherboard, I unfortunately learned the hard way and after spending a couple days trying to troubleshoot what was wrong with my machine (PSU, risers, GPUs, etc...), slowly learned that there are LOTS of people in the mining community who have issues with majority of MSI boards, which was unfortunate because I was originally recommended this board..

Anyways, I'm trying out these 2 now.. Both were recommend to me from several miners.. ASRock tends to be a very popular brand, but these are what I went with

This one holds 6 GPUs using risers of course and
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157748

This one holds 13 but I wouldn't recommend going over 6 per rig just out of stability and maintaining it to stay online...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157781&cm_re=h110-_-13-157-781-_-Product

I haven't used the ASRock mobos yet but they are being delivered today, I can report back later tonight after I have everything setup if you'd like.. or send me a message

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
DenJohn

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:22:29 PM

I'm using an Asus Prime Z270-A (and a Intel G4400) with 6x GTX 1070 and 1x GTX 1060. The mobo has by default 7 pci-e slots and I think you could use 3 gpu's without any risers. https://www.asus.com/be-nl/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/

As a psu, I'm using a Corsair AX1500i.
joshuajones02

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:32:20 PM

I'd still suggest using risers, rather than seating it on the mobo to help air flow to and out of the cards

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:55:57 PM

ASUS PRIME Z270-A LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
I have 4 rigs with this motherboard, feel very happy with it, one of the best 270 chipset motherboard, "easy" to set up to support 7 GPUs

MSI Enthuastic Gaming Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170A Gaming M5)
my favorite 170 chipset motherboard, very very easy to set up to support 7 GPUs, and always available on Amazon.com

joshuajones02

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:21:02 AM

I have 4 rigs with this motherboard, feel very happy with it, one of the best 270 chipset motherboard, "easy" to set up to support 7 GPUs

MSI Enthuastic Gaming Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170A Gaming M5)
my favorite 170 chipset motherboard, very very easy to set up to support 7 GPUs, and always available on Amazon.com

Just got the ASRock H110 Pro BTC today and I'm super impressed, it was practically plug and play for 5+ GPUs

HookahSmokingCaterpillar

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:18:42 AM

I'm new to mining, and I currently have an ASUS P8Z77-V LK. I bought this motherboard in 2013 and was wondering if this board will support something like multiple GTX 1070s. Or what would be the best way to go about setting my gaming computer to mine when I'm not using it?

Should I use the current mother board I have or would it be better to upgrade? I currently use a GTX 760 and want to upgrade my GPU possibly to multiple GPUs but trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Thanks for any help...
coinfoundry

Activity: 292

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 07:31:08 AM

What about this one: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/asus-b250-mining-motherboard-19-pcie,news-56824.html

Now all you have to do is getting 19xAMD Vega 64  Wink

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
NowakSotto (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:21:30 PM

Hey guys thanks for the infos again Smiley.

I go stay tunned in the Motherboards you guys told me and chose one of the suggestions.

Before i buy everything to my rig i go create a post with my specs to see what you guys think too Smiley.
joshuajones02

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:33:30 PM

Good luck! Let us know what you come up with

warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

I never use an expensive card for mining coins using the GPU. The cost is not justified. Old motherboard connection support 4 GPU. The power supply I'm old and cheap server for additional power. If something fails it is disconnected only 4 GPU. It is better to divide a big risk into many small ones.
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:13:54 AM

Asus Prime Z270-A
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 220-P2-1600-X1 80+ PLATINUM 1600W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
joshuaj

Activity: 224

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:04:56 AM

Just got the ASRock H110 Pro BTC today and I'm super impressed, it was practically plug and play for 5+ GPUs

I would suggest ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ as well, as it supports 13 GPU, well worth $$$.

shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 05:10:08 AM

I think one of the best MB is Asus Prime Z270-A, actually it's expensive.

Currently I'm using 3 MBs: Asus Prime Z270-A, Biostar TB250-BTC, and Gigabyte H110-D3A.
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:04:20 PM

I think one of the best MB is Asus Prime Z270-A, actually it's expensive.

Currently I'm using 3 MBs: Asus Prime Z270-A, Biostar TB250-BTC, and Gigabyte H110-D3A.

I only mine on ASUS motherboards.  They use quality components and excellent software and BIOS engineering support for years.  They have longevity for most of their models.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:11:51 PM

I mine in gigabyte k7 gaming.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
Instantpanel

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:02:21 PM

Asus Prime ZA270-A with 6 X Zotac 1060 AMP 6 GB, Cosair RM1000x
phundred

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:17:46 PM

Do not go with any MSI motherboard, I unfortunately learned the hard way and after spending a couple days trying to troubleshoot what was wrong with my machine (PSU, risers, GPUs, etc...), slowly learned that there are LOTS of people in the mining community who have issues with majority of MSI boards, which was unfortunate because I was originally recommended this board..

Anyways, I'm trying out these 2 now.. Both were recommend to me from several miners.. ASRock tends to be a very popular brand, but these are what I went with

This one holds 13 but I wouldn't recommend going over 6 per rig just out of stability and maintaining it to stay online...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157781&cm_re=h110-_-13-157-781-_-Product

I haven't used the ASRock mobos yet but they are being delivered today, I can report back later tonight after I have everything setup if you'd like.. or send me a message

Thanks for your valuable info, I never knew that MSI mobo is bad for mining. I would like to try asrock 13 gpu model on my next mining rig too, please do share us your experience with it, thanks Smiley
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:02:06 PM

Thanks for your valuable info, I never knew that MSI mobo is bad for mining. I would like to try asrock 13 gpu model on my next mining rig too, please do share us your experience with it, thanks Smiley

Even GPU mining is a losing game. Forget getting a motherboard and possibly get an ASIC. You may not have the knowledge base for all that and could be throwing your money away, but the process will be quicker and the set up will be easier than building a system.
joshuajones02

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:27:11 AM

Even GPU mining is a losing game. Forget getting a motherboard and possibly get an ASIC. You may not have the knowledge base for all that and could be throwing your money away, but the process will be quicker and the set up will be easier than building a system.

Yeah, I wish I could get my hands on an ASIC, they are especially nice for those who have lower electricity cost. But right now mining profits are at an all time low, hopefully the market will come back and change that up and also bring us some new profitable coins.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: