Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Bitfinex's Support of US  (Read 180 times)
sylance (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:10:24 PM

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/216

Everyone knows soon after the takedown of BTC-e that Bitfinex announced their discontinuation of support for US customers.  They stated on August 11th that within 90-days they'll remove support however since then no announcements have been sent out.  Does anyone have any updates?  I have coins margin lending and enjoy the passive income but confused on what to expect.

What's even more confusing is they state they'll prevent trading of ICO tokens after August 16th, but I've traded EOS afterwards with no problems.  So confusing.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:30:39 PM

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/216

Everyone knows soon after the takedown of BTC-e that Bitfinex announced their discontinuation of support for US customers.  They stated on August 11th that within 90-days they'll remove support however since then no announcements have been sent out.  Does anyone have any updates?  I have coins margin lending and enjoy the passive income but confused on what to expect.

What's even more confusing is they state they'll prevent trading of ICO tokens after August 16th, but I've traded EOS afterwards with no problems.  So confusing.

I haven't seen any new announcements, either. Personally, I would probably be removing my funds sooner than later, just in case of any unexpected restrictions, etc.

They stated that certain tokens wouldn't be available for trading by US customers.... not all of them. Apparently they are trying to distinguish the tokens that are securities from the ones that aren't.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:12:00 PM

....Does anyone have any updates?  ...

Why would they make an update or another annoucement?
The decision to withdraw from the US market was pretty unambiguous.

The reason why they gave the US customers a 90 day notice (instead
of closing down without notice), is because
many had funds "trapped" in active lending, which couldn´t have been
withdrawn immediately.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: