Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.96.3 released  (Read 15550 times)
Searinox

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

Do you like fire? I'm full of it.

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:15:45 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 09:04:18 AM by Searinox

I managed to nail it down to calling with --ram-usage=1. When I don't use the parameter, it scans tx history just fine. Please have an attempt to repro this.

Several hours later, I am at this point able to tell that removing --ram-usage fixes all the issues and building completes with success. Looking at the memory usage, I'm not even noticing any differences(stays at around 700-900MB). Is that parameter still valid even or is it just legacy at this point?
AlienLifeForm

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:30:28 AM

I'm back to 0.96.2.

With 0.96.3 I've the problem with scanning the transaction history. It say's , that it starts and that is the last what it says.

I've found the following entries in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 5449, in closeForReal
  File "SDM.pyc", line 485, in stopBitcoind
  File "armoryengine\ArmoryUtils.pyc", line 836, in LOGERROR
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'exceptions.RuntimeError' objects

Searinox

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:20:24 PM

Are you running any custom command line parameters on armoryDB or are you just running everything standard?
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:08:55 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 05:12:05 PM by goatpig

I managed to nail it down to calling with --ram-usage=1. When I don't use the parameter, it scans tx history just fine. Please have an attempt to repro this.

Hmm that sounds unlikely but I will definitely test it out.

Several hours later, I am at this point able to tell that removing --ram-usage fixes all the issues and building completes with success. Looking at the memory usage, I'm not even noticing any differences(stays at around 700-900MB). Is that parameter still valid even or is it just legacy at this point?

This parameter controls the write queue depth for scan threads. It's only one element that controls total RAM footprint for scans, which would be broken down to these items:

- size of batches (hardcoded here: https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/master/cppForSwig/BlockchainScanner.h#L24)
- batch queue depth
- constant overhead from the container objects
- speed at which your system goes through the batches

After a substantial rework of the scanning queu mechanism, this parameter doesn't have much effect on full node scans as they're leaner, nor is it really necessary anymore. It is very significant for supernode however.

Searinox

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:41:08 PM

I picked the parameter up like a year ago and have been using it up til now. I might use this opportunity to look again through all the params.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:41:50 PM

Updating both a remote armorydb and a local armory client went smooth, on debian via git. Works fine with bitcoin-conr 0.15.0.1 now.

Thank you everyone.

Ente
markle

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:18:42 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 02:58:38 AM by markle

Hi Goatpig,
I am near cracking with the frustration !
Thanks for 0.96.3 OS X, it is appreciated.
I tried to run this tar etc. I am still getting the error message Armoury Client failed unexpectedly...
It is not writing at all to my /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Armory/Armorylog file or my dblog.txt file. My Bitcoin wallet.dat file is in this path /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin.
My armoury wallet file is in /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Armory/armory_2Ar36k775_wallet but it is no longer opening or updating.
Droak mentioned that I might be able to just copy my wallet.dat to a Windows PC armoury client and run it from there ?
Any , any guidance would be appreciated as I am tearing my hair out ! Thanks

Bitcoin Core 0.14.2
Mac 10.11.6
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:13:42 AM

I'm no OSX expert. At this point I'd suggest you just run a Ubuntu VM and run Armory off of that.

markle

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:19:28 AM

Hi Goatpig, Thank you.
I did also try deleting the Databases Folder for the armory Client but still no luck :-( I will read up about ubuntu vm on mac, Thanks
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:02:54 PM

Hi Goatpig, Thank you.
I did also try deleting the Databases Folder for the armory Client but still no luck :-( I will read up about ubuntu vm on mac, Thanks

Hi. Have you read the OSX readme? If it's not starting and you don't have a newer version of OpenSSL installed, Armory will never start. If it is failing, what exactly is happening? Can you post a screencap or something similar?

In any event, if you move over to a Linux VM, I think VMware Fusion is nice. It's not free but it generally works without issues. You can just copy your Armory and Core/Cash/whatever data over there so that you don't have to re-download the entire blockchain.

Thanks.
Searinox

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:28:20 PM

What is the new memory usage limit for wallet decryption?
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:53:40 PM

What is the new memory usage limit for wallet decryption?

Was never changed.

gangtraet

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:42:49 PM

Hi Goatpig,
I am near cracking with the frustration !
Thanks for 0.96.3 OS X, it is appreciated.
I tried to run this tar etc. I am still getting the error message Armoury Client failed unexpectedly...
It is not writing at all to my /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Armory/Armorylog file or my dblog.txt file. My Bitcoin wallet.dat file is in this path /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin.
My armoury wallet file is in /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Armory/armory_2Ar36k775_wallet but it is no longer opening or updating.
Droak mentioned that I might be able to just copy my wallet.dat to a Windows PC armoury client and run it from there ?
Any , any guidance would be appreciated as I am tearing my hair out ! Thanks

Bitcoin Core 0.14.2
Mac 10.11.6

Have you moved the app after you unpacked it? 

Some fancy security measure in OS X kicks in when an app is unpacked from a tar file or a zip file.  Most apps are not harmed by this, but it prevents armory from starting.  Once you move the app using the Finder, this security measure is disabled, and Armory should work again.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:25:53 PM

Run this script:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/master/dpkgfiles/make_deb_package.py

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:25:38 PM

ArmoryDB.exe lingers in a couple of Windows 7 machine after exiting ArmoryQT per Windows Task Manager. I never had this behavior before 0.96.3. Must "End Process" manually. Otherwise, it hangs right after Wallet Consistency Check.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:38:09 AM

ArmoryDB.exe lingers in a couple of Windows 7 machine after exiting ArmoryQT per Windows Task Manager. I never had this behavior before 0.96.3. Must "End Process" manually. Otherwise, it hangs right after Wallet Consistency Check.

How long is "linger"?

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:19:34 AM

How long is "linger"?

Seems forever...until manually ending process.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:17:15 AM

Ok, will look at it.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:58:14 PM

After two weeks, suddenly Armory doesn't load up properly any more. The GUI hangs at "preparing databases". The shell says
-ERROR - ���iGx: (SwigClient.cpp:61) ser/deser type error:
expected type id: 4
got type id: 0 instead
..with changing random bytes in the first line.

Armorydb is on a remote host. I didn't change anything that I know of lately.
Anything I can do except updating to 0.06.4R1?

Thank you,

ente
morpheus123

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:43:55 AM

Question : If we loose the wallet but i see that somehow we still store the private key and multiplier in the app data of armory for every recieving address generated for every wallet , is there a way i can use these to restore the deleted wallet or some way of getting hold of my lost wallet ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: