Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manufacturing Gridseed Orbs AGAIN  (Read 536 times)
CointoHash411 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:51:46 PM

Good afternoon all,

So after reading about how people are only getting 400 h/s to low mh/s using GPUs.
I am thinking about getting GridSeed Orb boards manufactured. If I can find a manufacturer to make them of course.
I figure if I could get these boards manufactured and then put into a blade configuration inside a case, these would hash great at a lower total power cost and initial cost for entry level scrypt miners.

Thoughts???

Sincerely,
CointoHash411
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:44:15 PM

I would really have to ask.  Why???  Don't think anyone should be using GPU's to mine Scrypt coins anymore

What price would you be paying/selling them at and at what rate?   I currently have a couple of Gridseed Orbs running for the fun of it, and with the current difficulty I make around $0.015 a day with each of them, and that is amount is falling quickly.  You can't use a Gridseed Orb to mine other coin algorithms aside from SHA-256 and Scrypt.  in order to even make $1 a day you would need almost 100 orb boards connected, and can't see manufacturing 100 boards and putting in a case with PSU and sell at a price that would make it worth it to buy.  Plus with all the big new ASICS coming out, the difficulty will push those to losing money each day before they are even built.

I am thinking since you mentioned 400 h/s to low mh/s that you are talking about a few different algorithms that those boards could not mine anyways.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Cryptoraptor

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:31:28 PM

Good afternoon all,

So after reading about how people are only getting 400 h/s to low mh/s using GPUs.
I am thinking about getting GridSeed Orb boards manufactured. If I can find a manufacturer to make them of course.
I figure if I could get these boards manufactured and then put into a blade configuration inside a case, these would hash great at a lower total power cost and initial cost for entry level scrypt miners.

Thoughts???

Sincerely,
CointoHash411

Scrypt Asics that are out now are driving the hashrate up. Any smaller devices you would bring to market would have an uphill battle.  Make them with solar cells and cheap and you might have something. 
ItsCrafty

Activity: 826
Merit: 135

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 08:30:04 PM

400Kh/s is out of question with all the bitmain 500 Mh/s L3+ miners. The manufacturing will not be cost effective as the quantity will not be enough to support mass production.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:42:36 AM

Good afternoon all,

Thoughts???

Waste of time.

The GC3355 used in the Orb is very very outdated on the SHA256 side - it was UNPROFITABLE even during the last few months the Orb was being MADE, which is why Gridseed shifted to making the "blade" and "GBlade" models that were Scrypt specific.

The SCRYPT side is no longer profitable unless you have FREE electric.

It took a "blade" 40 chips to ALMOST MATCH the performance of the Futurebit Moonlander II (which uses a SINGLE chip, I believe the same chip the Innosilicon A4 uses but the maker has never confirmed or denied that), and the power usage was ballpark 10 TIMES higher than what the Moonlander II uses.

The algorithms folks are seeing 400 hash/sec out of on GPUs are NOT SCRYPT.
 Scrypt hashrates would be more like 1-2 MEGAhahsh out of most recent mid-to-high-end GPUs, and a few of the top end ones should be in the 3-4 Mhash/sec ballpark.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: